Author Topic: Pfaugh!  (Read 9099 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pfaugh!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »
I think a gadfly should add at least an original thought. Rich never did this.
There was nothing he posted that everyone had not seen before.

And there is nothing to be gained from his constant, deliberately annoying insults.

He was one of the most intolerant dweebs I have ever come across.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 12:11:51 PM »
As opposed to the DNC trapclap you & Tee post on an hourly basis

::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 12:56:54 PM »
[I realize that Plane, and I (think) that I understand your reasoning for it.  My issue with Rich was never his politics, there are some aspects to conservativism that I'm in agreement with, and there are conservatives here that while I don't agree with them, I can respect as people, such as you and sirs and a few others.  .

That was a very nice post , I am somewhat mollified now.

But I didn't eject Rich , I just disapointed him .

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 05:15:30 PM »
The guy is simply a dick who can't take it when he is asked to STFU.

He's caustic and an asshole. 

Having said that, I've defended his being expunged a couple of times but I'm just sick of saying he should be expelled.

As someone who has lost his cool many times and intentionally insulted folks, in order to maintain relevant dignity and civility when I do lose it on someone, I usually apologize afterwards or express some kind disappointment with myself.

Sadly, Rich doesn't do this.  Further, I'd bet he doesn't know HOW to do this.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 05:51:10 PM »
<<I think a gadfly should add at least an original thought.>>

I would respectfully disagree.  A gadfly just needs to display a prodigious degree of ignorance, bigotry, hatred, cruelty, callousness or irrationality - - all of which Rich possessed in abundance - - just to get me all riled up and ready to let him have it with both barrels.  I think I did some of my clearest thinking and best writing just from a burning desire to squelch that asshole after some particularly nasty post.

If I were responding to a bunch of mealy-mouthed liberals in here, the most I would be able to muster would be a tepid "Right on!" or "Well said!" without rising to any kind of challenge and without feeling the NEED to respond at all.

Asking for originality from a conservative is like asking for pears from an elm tree - - conservatives are by definition wedded to the past, to the old ways and old traditions.  They don't WANT to innovate and they shouldn't be expected to come up with new ways of seeing or thinking.  The old ways are good enough for them in all respects, which is why they are conservatives in the first place.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 09:16:17 PM »

"(1)- - just to get me all riled up and ready to let him have it with both barrels.  I think I did some of my clearest thinking and best writing just from a burning desire to squelch that asshole after some particularly nasty post.

(2)If I were responding to a bunch of mealy-mouthed liberals in here, the most I would be able to muster would be a tepid "Right on!" or "Well said!" without rising to any kind of challenge and without feeling the NEED to respond at all.
"

I am glad to learn number one , cathartic, I hadn't even thought of it.

Number two we are in agreement on .

I just must be wrong .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »
<<I just must be wrong .>>

Maybe I'm not getting something.  I thought that Rich jumped ship.  Did YOU kick him out?  For what?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
<<I just must be wrong .>>

Maybe I'm not getting something.  I thought that Rich jumped ship.  Did YOU kick him out?  For what?

I offended him.

This is way worse than you offending him.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »
Well, I'm kinda glad it wasn't I who caused his departure.  Something he said in ending one of his posts to me ("Done.") I had taken as indicating he was done with ME, and then later when I read he was gone, I thought he had meant he was "done" with the whole group. 

fatman

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
Did he delete his own membership?  This is the reason that I thought that he was ejected.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 08:13:58 AM »
It really doesn't matter.  Unless he is actively ousted and banned, he'll simply run away for a while, get some support from some other forum and then return with a new attitude till he has another period of madness.

He's done it for years now. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 11:02:27 PM »
I have never booted anyone , Rich did not welcome my chideing.

The administrators of this site occasionally discuss diffrences in policy , we don't agree on everything but we have a consensus so far that maximum lattitude is desireable for all members, and that responsibility , civility should be encouraged.

I am happy with the result most of the time.

But I didn't want to loose Rich.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »
Rich left of his own accord.