Author Topic: Spain Gets Smacked by Economic Reality  (Read 9089 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Spain Gets Smacked by Economic Reality
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
I am all for people developing a sense of class consciousness. But Americans are experts in advertising.
Observe how the Republicans renaming the inheritance tax "The Death Tax" gained instant support from the 95% of proles who will never have a chance of having enough to pay it. They were convinced by clever admen that they were somehow voting against the unfairness of death or something.

The inheritance tax, after all, is not a tax Conrad Hilton pays on all his hard work (assuming thaqt hisa work was really hard). No. It is a tax on Paris Hilton, on money she has never earned.

The Republicans start screaming "class warfare" every time anyone suggests that 1% of the population owning 95% of all the profitable ventures in the country. It is THEY who are the class warriors, whenever they sock you a $29 late fee on a $20 credit card payment that was a day late, every time they sock you $200 cancellation fee when you want to ditch their expensive cellphone.

But again, this is obvious to me, but impossible to hammer through the thick skulls of the proles.

Now watch as Sirs chastises me  and calls me an "elitist" for referring to dummies as "proles".

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Spain Gets Smacked by Economic Reality
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 01:12:30 AM »
Is class consciousness the antithesis of "unity"?

or just its opposite?

For generations we have prayed for unity and brotherhood , what is better about class consciousness?