Author Topic: Pompous Ass  (Read 9807 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pompous Ass
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 02:15:32 PM »
Personally, I think it is a little pretentious.  I doubt Barack Obama asked for or approved it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 04:56:33 PM »
Personally, I think it is a little pretentious.  I doubt Barack Obama asked for or approved it.

pretentious

Thank you

"Pretentious"   Is the right word.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 10:03:27 PM »
Here is Obama's presidential seal.

Don't even have an election. This guy is entitled to the office.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080623/ap_on_el_pr/obama_seal

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - A presidential seal graphically altered with symbols representing Barack Obama's campaign of change was just for one-time use and will not be used again, a spokeswoman for the Democrat's campaign said Monday.

The seal, with its blue background and an eagle in the center clutching arrows and an olive branch, evoked the official presidential version, but had been altered with a new Latin phrase, instead of the original "E pluribus unum," which means, "Out of many, one."

Obama's campaign changed the phrase to "Vero possumus," which can be roughly translated to his "Yes, we can" slogan. The seal also featured his "O" campaign logo covering the eagle's body, instead of a shield.

When the altered seal was unveiled last Friday in Chicago, it raised eyebrows and prompted comments about how presidential it looked. The Republican National Committee gleefully ridiculed it as a prop.

Jen Psaki, a spokeswoman for Obama's campaign, said Monday that the altered seal would not be used again. She said it was only intended for that event, in which Obama held a round-table discussion with Democratic governors.

I think they realised it was funny.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 02:11:43 AM »
I suppose he could start requiring reporters to stand when he enters the room. ...

If they stop "swooning." Chris "thrill down his leg" Matthews would be the first one.

I must say that is probably the most annoying terminology injected into this campaign: swooning.

What the liberal media fails to realize is that there were young ladies fainting at McCain rallies too, though they never covered it as greatly as they did for the Obama rallies. It's from the heat and standing out there for hours, not because they are so enthralled with a candidate. They weren't "swooning." They were dehydrated.

Personally, I think it is a little pretentious.

Indeed.

And Obama backed down from using this faux presidential shield pretty damn fast, too.

How fast would this naive and inexperienced individual buckle under real pressure, like from Al Qaida?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 09:04:45 AM »
And Obama backed down from using this faux presidential shield pretty damn fast, too.

How fast would this naive and inexperienced individual buckle under real pressure, like from Al Qaida?

=============================================
The campaign seal is trivial. There is no reason to stand up for trivialities.

I bet McCain has decided to wear different-colored neckwear on many occasions when Cindy suggested he do this. That would be a backing down, too, according to your feeble logic.

What sort of "real pressure" would Al Qaeda put on a president, anyway? Do you still think that they are something that is a real threat, like the Imperial Japanese Navy or Hitler's U-boats?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »
bet McCain has decided to wear different-colored neckwear on many occasions when Cindy suggested he do this. That would be a backing down, too, according to your feeble logic.

Are you suggesting that Michelle pushed for Obama to use the presidential seal? Sure, blame it on the angry lady.

Wearing a tie is nowhere near as pretentious as using a fake seal and pretending you are the president. Well maybe it is to you since you make your own clothes. If McCain entered the room to "Hail to the Chief" and asked reporters to stand, then that might be an apt comparison, but you are grasping at straws.

What sort of "real pressure" would Al Qaeda put on a president, anyway? Do you still think that they are something that is a real threat

Yes, as do other sane people. Are you familiar with 9/11?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »
Yes, as do other sane people. Are you familiar with 9/11?

===============================
That would be paranoid people.
9/11 could be pulled off just once, when the forces of stupidity and incompetence converged in the persons of Juniorbush and Condibird.

I don't think that Al Qaeda is actually capable of a second act, even with boobs and dummies in power.

Al Qaeda does not pressure the US, anyway. They do not ask for concessions in return for not attacking. They merely attack.

I failed to see what a silly campaign seal or the decision to use it or not has a single thing to do with Obama's abilities to be a good president.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:04:19 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 01:38:36 AM »
That would be paranoid people.
9/11 could be pulled off just once, when the forces of stupidity and incompetence converged in the persons of Juniorbush and Condibird.

And Spain, and Bali, and London, and Kobar, and U.S.S. Cole, and the first WTC, and the Iraq Mosque bombing, and all the other atrocities that they have committed.

If President Bush did not take the aggressive action that he had after 9-11 there would have been even more attacks. Khalid Sheik Mohammad has even said this. Bush has prevented 10 major, catastrophic attacks against U.S. targets.

Calling Dr. Rice "Condibird" is extraordinarily racist, and you should be ashamed.

I don't think that Al Qaeda is actually capable of a second act, even with boobs and dummies in power.

See first answer.

Al Qaeda does not pressure the US, anyway. They do not ask for concessions in return for not attacking. They merely attack.

Obama is too inexperienced and naive to handle a catastrophic attack like 9-11. He just isn't prepared for it in the way John McCain is. And I don't particularly even like McCain. But he's very well suited to be Commander in Chief, I will grant him that. Obama's willingness to have sitdown meetings with our worst enemies without preconditions is also very dangerous and would put us as well as our allies further at risk. And would also grant legitimacy to the world's worst dictators by giving them the prestige of a sit down with the President of the United States.

I failed to see what a silly campaign seal or the decision to use it or not has a single thing to do with Obama's abilities to be a good president.

It goes to his poor judgment. His notion that it wouldn't be seen as arrogant or even shameless, as you yourself admitted, shows very poor judgment, just as his friendships with Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, and Father Pfliger showed very poor judgment. And his quick backdown from using the fake presidential shield also indicated that he doesn't have much of a spine to stand up for his ideas.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 06:13:16 PM »
What sort of "real pressure" would Al Qaeda put on a president, anyway? Do you still think that they are something that is a real threat, like the Imperial Japanese Navy or Hitler's U-boats?

The Japaneese and German Navys spent a little time killing Americans , the German U-boats sometimes sank American ships in sight of the American ports they were leaveing with cargos of fuel and war materiel for Britan.

But Thank you FDR and Truman those dangers were overcome , lets be appreaciative of Preasident Bush too , Al Quieda is melting like Baghdad snow, they may never recover enough to attack the USA so seriously again.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »
<<If President Bush did not take the aggressive action that he had after 9-11 there would have been even more attacks. >>

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.  Personally I believe the real reason that there were no more 9-11s so far is that it's such a hard act to follow.  If they come up with anything less spectacular, they look like they are losing ground.  The next attack has to be really, really colossal.  Otherwise, they'll just look like losers.

<<Khalid Sheik Mohammad has even said this. >>

Since the strategy is to get the U.S. to radicalize the Arab populations of the puppet rulers, KSM will say anything that keeps America following on the path that Bush has opened up.  I believe that Bush, his administration and the neo-cons in particular are the greatest gift that "militant Islam" could ever hope for.  Certainly the greatest recruiting agents.

<<Bush has prevented 10 major, catastrophic attacks against U.S. targets.>> 

Funny how he seems to get all the credit for preventing "major catastrophic attacks" that never occurred and none of the blame for failing to prevent the one certifiable major catastrophic attack that DID occur.

<<Calling Dr. Rice "Condibird" is extraordinarily racist, and you should be ashamed.>>

It didn't look racist to me, I thought it was just wordplay about a bird in the bush.

<<Obama is too inexperienced and naive to handle a catastrophic attack like 9-11. >>

McCain's an idiot.  He had no constructive proposals to make in the wake of 9-11 and he very stupidly backed the invasion of Iraq which Obama had the good sense to oppose.  Besides, there isn't much to "handle" once the enemy lands his sucker punch.  The damage is done, the attackers are dead so they can't even be caught and tortured, and the rest is basically clean-up and hospital visits. 

I personally would be a lot more concerned about which candidate is more likely to defuse the anger that motivates the attacks by examining America's traditional policies and seeing where they can be improved so as to generate less hatred of America and its people.  In that regard, Obama is obviously more likely to deliver change than McSame.

<<Obama's willingness to have sitdown meetings with our worst enemies without preconditions is also very dangerous and would put us as well as our allies further at risk. >>

A man who isn't afraid to talk to anyone has a lot better chance of finding common ground, resolving animosity and getting past the past than some ass-hole who sits on his high horse and lays down "conditions" under which he will condescend to speak with you.  The arrogance and chutzpah of the latter position is absolutely mind-boggling and it's amazing to me that any candidate would actually want to boast of such a regressive and counter-productive mind-set.

<<And would also grant legitimacy to the world's worst dictators by giving them the prestige of a sit down with the President of the United States.>>

He would have to have an extremely hight opinion of himself, and completely unwarranted as well, to think that he is conferring prestige or legitimacy on a dictator by sitting down to talk to him.  Most of the world's people by this point have a fairly low opinion of American leaders and their friends, and probably wouldn't award Brownie points in legitimacy to "the world's worst dictators" just because they sat down at a table with the President of the U.S.A.  Oftentimes the "world's worst dictators" owe their position exclusively to the U.S. anyway, so no one who knows the score will add anything to their "legitimacy" by seeing them conferring with the Prez.  Pretty soon the time will come when the world's worst dictators will wonder whether their reputations won't be further besmirched by sitting down with a low-life like the President of the U.S.A.

<<It [the campaign shield] goes to his poor judgment. His notion that it wouldn't be seen as arrogant or even shameless, as you yourself admitted, shows very poor judgment . . . >>

It's about on a par with picking a tie that's too loud, or a lime-green suit.  It's a picayune error in judgment compared with the errors that led to leaving the war-making powers in the hands of George W. Bush.  Nobody is error-free in making judgments, but I think by now everyone knows who made the big errors that cost three trillion dollars and hundreds of thousands of human lives and who made the small error of picking the wrong tie to wear.

<< . . . just as his friendships with Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, and Father Pfliger showed very poor judgment.>>

Yeah, let's get into that a little more.  What kind of judgment did it take to get involved with that crook Charles Keating and visit government regulators on his behalf?  That's not "poor judgment," that is a character flaw, like BEING CROOKED.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 09:56:21 PM »
Come on. Tell me what sort of pressure Al Qaeda has ever put on the US and would therefore likely put on Obama.

They are not into pressure. They merely attack to draw support for their cause and to indicate that the US is not as hot a type of snot as they were formerly deemed to be. They basically con simpleminded fanatics into suicidal missions.

It's not a good thing, but it isn't pressure.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 11:52:29 PM »
Come on. Tell me what sort of pressure Al Qaeda has ever put on the US and would therefore likely put on Obama.

You just haven't seen it because Bush has the backbone to carry out his policies despite the continual atrocities being committed by Al Qaeda.

Plane is correct. Right now it is the U.S. that is putting intense pressure on Al Qaeda, particularly in Iraq to the point where they are almost at near collapse there.

Obama doesn't have the backbone to continue this offensive in the global war on terror. He has said he would start bringing home whole brigades from Iraq at the pace of one per month, despite the ongoing success there. He didn't have the wisdom to support the surge, and he doesn't have the backbone to deal with the theat of Al Qaeda.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 12:09:04 AM »
<<If President Bush did not take the aggressive action that he had after 9-11 there would have been even more attacks. >>

You have absolutely no way of knowing that. 

The WTC was bombed in 93. Lots of attacks since then I think we have absolutely no way to know that Al Queda would ever stop before they are too shot up to be capable.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 12:19:25 AM »

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.

Bush highlights foiled 2002 L.A. terror plot

In an address last October, he said the United States and its allies had foiled at least 10 serious plots by the al-Qaida terror network in the last four years, including plans for Sept. 11-like attacks on both U.S. coasts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11254053/

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 12:44:14 AM »
Calling Dr. Rice "Condibird" is extraordinarily racist...

How so?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016