Author Topic: The 2nd Amendment Lives! Shot Heard Round The World. FREEDOM WINS.  (Read 39002 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The 2nd Amendment Lives! Shot Heard Round The World. FREEDOM WINS.
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2008, 11:54:27 PM »
....the children of damaged slaves will themselves not be ideal parents of the next generation, will not have the parenting skills to break the cycle of inadequate parenting ==> kids who will be themselves inadequate parents = = > another generation of kids who will not be adequate parents = => more damaged children etc.

Is there any eveidence that Government action or any other affirmative action has improved Black Family cohesiveness or parenting over the last four decades?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2008, 12:57:05 AM »
<<Is there any eveidence that Government action or any other affirmative action has improved Black Family cohesiveness or parenting over the last four decades?>>

Keep your eye on what the Ontario Premier's initiative to reduce poverty by 25% is going to be doing.  If there is no evidence to date on the effectiveness of early child development interventions, the Premier's initiative may in fact produce that evidence over time.  Someone my wife and I know and are in frequent contact with is playing a key role in that initiative and the next time I see her, later in the week, I will ask her about your question.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2008, 01:57:20 AM »
<<Is there any eveidence that Government action or any other affirmative action has improved Black Family cohesiveness or parenting over the last four decades?>>

Keep your eye on what the Ontario Premier's initiative to reduce poverty by 25% is going to be doing.  If there is no evidence to date on the effectiveness of early child development interventions, the Premier's initiative may in fact produce that evidence over time.  Someone my wife and I know and are in frequent contact with is playing a key role in that initiative and the next time I see her, later in the week, I will ask her about your question.

Don't be too shocked if you find out that Family cohesiveness and childrearing success have dropped in the same years that poverty has decreased.

An Inverse relationship is not thereby proven , but a direct relationship is indeed disproven.