Author Topic: Canadian Health Care We So Envy Lies In Ruins, Its Architect Admits  (Read 1935 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Canadian Health Care We So Envy Lies In Ruins, Its Architect Admits
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »
Yea, they won't be able to put it on Bush or Iraq
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 12:50:41 PM »
That is the most frank admission I have ever seen.

With this level of obstructionism Democrats and leftists will have to accept a lot of responsibility for the collapse of Social Security if it fails before there is a liberal majority.
===================================
What, you think I am in charge of this? I have no say in it at all. At best, I vote every two years and write letters.

It is the Republicans who are obstructing all progress, The oligarchy HATES Social Security and always has. If you want to see all your SS money go down the toilet, just keep voting for these thieves.

The Democrats MIGHT fix SS. The Republicans are sworn to destroy it.

SS has your money already. Go ahead, pull the lever, flush it down.
========================
I hardly think assigning blame is the prize here. If you are trying to hang the clothes on the line, and Fido keeps pulling them down, it's Fido who deserves the kicks, not you. Use your head.

But the prize is the money you have already invested, and the promise that was made to you. If you are an absolute fool, you will continue to vote for the obstructionist Republicans, so the people who are trying to fix the problem can't get it done. Then, after all the money is pissed away on useless wars and unneeded weapons and tax breaks for the bazillionaires among whom you were never permitted to frolic, you can yell "I won! I won't and it's all the Democrats' fault."

The Republicans think that government is the problem, and when they are in charge of the government, it becomes a problem, because those who want to shrink it, can't, and that leaves those who see the possibilities of looting it and blaming everything on the theory that governments can't do anything.
 When Republicans say that government per se is the problem, this becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

The government can't win a war? Let's hire Halliburton and Blackwater to do it!
Why lose a useless war and a trillion dollars, when you can still lose it and two trillion dollars, especially if you can invest in the people who are looting the system? This is a prime example of how the GOP strategy works.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 01:02:47 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 02:09:22 PM »
Quote from: Xavier_Onassis on June 29, 2008, 12:06:47 PM
When we have an operational majority in the Congress and control of the White House, then you will see the left's actual solution to Social Security. Until then, there will be only proposals that are filibustered, amended to death, or vetoed.

That is the most frank admission I have ever seen.

With this level of obstructionism Democrats and leftists will have to accept a lot of responsibility for the collapse of Social Security if it fails before there is a liberal majority.
===================================
What, you think I am in charge of this? I have no say in it at all. At best, I vote every two years and write letters.

It is the Republicans who are obstructing all progress, The oligarchy HATES Social Security and always has. If you want to see all your SS money go down the toilet, just keep voting for these thieves.

========================

President tried to take positive action that would have given the SS some breathing space and a fund that Congress could not spend out from under us. This was obstructed for no reason , it is falacious to say that it would have harmed SS in any way , but on just that charge it was obstructed. I think that the real story is that the fix was too small to make a real diffrence , but Democrats are winning on a divide and conquer strategy so they couldn't pass on a chance to demonise the opposition .

As you point out Obstrucrtionism will continue untill there is a controlling Democratic party , since this may take a long time and the Democrats will allow nothing to be done sooner at all .....

And Because the SS could fail very suddenly in a time of low employment ....

There may never be another oppurtunity to fix it at all. The collapse is gonna be a big stress , but good riddance to it I am tired of handing so much over to a system I do not expect to keep its promises without changeing its promises downwards periodicly.

As for the money I have already paid in ? It is already spent , it was not held in trust for a second.