Author Topic: Mean or sarcastic?  (Read 18358 times)

ZoSo

Re: Mean or sarcastic?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »
President Barak H. Obama Is obviously about to make an OPEC leader welcome , walking hand in hand through the rose garden and making nice in the most diplomatic way possible President O will surely get oil deliveries increased enough to lower the average Americans fuel bill lowered to comfortable low levels again. God bless the good hearted.

President McCain would give up all of his wifes many vacation homes just to be able to take a normal pain free leak.

fatman

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 11:45:34 PM »
This has been so badly misinterpreted.

Respectfull burning is the proper disposal of a worn out flag, in this scene we see First Lady Michelle Obama and her husband , President O, celebrating their purchase of a new flag while they privately and properly dispose of their flag that they had displayed till it was too ragged to keep.

Michelle is demurely enjoying her second amendment right and seems ready for her weekly meeting with her well ordered militia.

On the wall they still have the same portrait of Osama Bin Laden that President Bush put up , this drawing is not detailed enough to show the text of the "WANTED dead or alive" text on it or the darts in it.

President Barak H. Obama Is obviously about to make an OPEC leader welcome , walking hand in hand through the rose garden and making nice in the most diplomatic way possible President O will surely get oil deliveries increased enough to lower the average Americans fuel bill lowered to comfortable low levels again. God bless the good hearted.

I've got to say plane, you do satire very well.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 04:51:37 AM »
The camo and gun...that threw me.  My first thought was,  Angela Davis? Huh?
When you have to think about a cartoon and puzzle it out, it isn't funny.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 09:37:12 AM »
I guess I understand what he was doing but that is not a cover, that should be an attached cartoon to an article about all the nonsense that has been said about Obama.  Without any explanation on the cover about it, the artwork just looks like a statement about the candidate.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »
Chelsea Clinton was, in my opinion, never ugly, and is now rather attractive.

Beauty (or ugly,or homely) is in the eye of the beholder.

In any event, Limbaugh calling her ugly was cruel and totally inappropriate

True - didn't say it wasn't, just that I agreed with him at the time.

...even more so than calling Rush a fat drug fiend, because she was just a young girl who was not an actor on the political stage and unable to defend herself.

Well, Rush was a fat druggie, and chose to make himself a public figure, so I don't see anything unfair about saying so. Chelsea didn't have that choice when Billary was in the White House, and so should not have been made fair game. But I still think she was homely.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

fatman

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »
I still haven't decided whether Janet Reno was a man or a woman.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
I still haven't decided whether Janet Reno was a man or a woman.

She is a woman.
I met her once here in Miami.
She is very tall-at least six feet.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »
<<Without any explanation on the cover about it, the artwork just looks like a statement about the candidate.>>

IGG-zackly.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 08:11:11 PM »
<<Without any explanation on the cover about it, the artwork just looks like a statement about the candidate.>>

IGG-zackly.

Nuance can be tough.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »
Before this is explained, is it mean or is it trite or is it an ironic offering from an Obama fan?

http://www.goats.com/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:38:01 PM by Plane »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »
 :D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 08:49:17 PM »
It's mildly funny, but the same concept could be applied to any politician.  It's more a spoof on evolutionary theory or developmental anatomy, with political characteristics substituted for phenotype or organelles.  It's just as funny to do one on McCain with organelles representing duty, honour, country or "experience" or heiress-seeking.  The humour is from the inappropriate interaction of two concepts, politics and cellular anatomy, which in real life have nothing to do with each other.

Cynthia

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »
It's mildly funny, but the same concept could be applied to any politician.  It's more a spoof on evolutionary theory or developmental anatomy, with political characteristics substituted for phenotype or organelles.  It's just as funny to do one on McCain with organelles representing duty, honour, country or "experience" or heiress-seeking.  The humour is from the inappropriate interaction of two concepts, politics and cellular anatomy, which in real life have nothing to do with each other.

Now, we need to hear from Sirs with Satire from the WW2 era.

d'oh

Looking forward to it, actually. I might even find some ggggggggags from the SAaaaatire of the paaaaaaaaaSst.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 11:40:17 PM »
It's mildly funny, but the same concept could be applied to any politician.&nbsp; It's more a spoof on evolutionary theory or developmental anatomy, with political characteristics substituted for phenotype or organelles.&nbsp; It's just as funny to do one on McCain with organelles representing duty, honour, country or "experience" or heiress-seeking.&nbsp; The humour is from the inappropriate interaction of two concepts, politics and cellular anatomy, which in real life have nothing to do with each other.

No better than a non sequiter?

Did you know that spell check doesn't know non sequiter?

Anyway ,it is availible on a T shirt.

This too.
http://www.goats.com/store/

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 11:42:40 PM »
<<Did you know that spell check doesn't know non sequiter?>>

Try non sequitur.