Author Topic: for plane  (Read 871 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
for plane
« on: August 01, 2008, 01:54:18 AM »
Here's some recent stuff for you:  not that it matters, since these racial slurs have been on-going for months now, but you wanted recent, so I found recent:

July 31/08
Gas, Guns and Gravitas: Key Issues in Presidential Campaign   Arlington, VA  22202   July 31 2008   Gas, Guns and Gravitas: Key Issues in Presidential Campaign

By John Michael Snyder

Gas prices, gun rights and gravitas in resisting America’s deadly enemies are major factors in this year’s campaign for President of the United States.

Barack Hussein Obama, the presumptive Democratic . . .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 30, 2008
Britney Hussein Obama Spears
Karen H. Pittman
Oops, he did it again: fresh out of a tone-deaf rehab-session with the Democrat Congressional caucus, Britney Hussein Obama Spears is busy gobbling up all the airtime on my TV screen, filling it up with his obscenely famous face … and his fluffy meringue fillers. . . .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the July 30 broadcast of KSFO's The Lee Rodgers Show:
SUSSMAN:   . . .
First problem that the jury would have: his name. Barack Hussein Obama. Distinctly Muslim. Barack -- Arabic for "blessing from God." Hussein -- of course, that's also a translation for dictator. Well, I'm being funny here. A man was executed with the name Hussein. Isn't that -- come on, lighten up a little bit here, people. Oh, I forgot. All together: We're not supposed to call him by his middle name.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't see how you can deny it.  These racist attacks on Obama have been cropping up everywhere, all the time, and they have not stopped.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: for plane
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:01:56 AM »
Hum....

I havent seen one of those recently at all , I must be on the wrong channel.

You are righter than I about it being recent , even so I still don't think it is serious .

Is this any more troubblesome than the jokes about the age of McCain and his napping?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:06:28 AM »
<<Is this any more troubblesome than the jokes about the age of McCain and his napping?>>

They're both personal attacks, but one relates to the ability to do the job and stay on top of it, and the other is just pure race-based personal trashing.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 02:12:04 AM »
By John Michael Snyder
Supreme Court Decision Hits Bull's Eye Against Obama Anti-Gun Agenda, says John Snyder...
http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS162389+26-Jun-2008+PRN20080626

I thought that one name was familliar.

I guess if the "Hussein" is really irritateing it will get repeated .

I used to tell my boys not to tell their sister that her teaseing botherd them , unless they liked it.

My advice is to embrace the "Hussein " and like it , it is an honest name for 99% of the people who bear it , and it should drive off the vote only of the same people who won't vote for him anyway.

If I were to let his middle name bother me I would feel silly about myself.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 02:19:52 AM »
<<Is this any more troubblesome than the jokes about the age of McCain and his napping?>>

They're both personal attacks, but one relates to the ability to do the job and stay on top of it, and the other is just pure race-based personal trashing.
Age based is nicer than race based?

There is not really anything about BHO's race that prevents him from being a good leader , there isn't anything about McCains age that really matters either.

I don't take the age jokes any more seriously than the big ear jokes , they arn't about what kind of leader the canadate might be.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 08:54:37 AM »
<<My advice is to embrace the "Hussein " and like it , it is an honest name for 99% of the people who bear it , and it should drive off the vote only of the same people who won't vote for him anyway.>>

So I guess all those Republican commentators who emphasize and re-emphasize his middle name are just wasting their time, because it won't rob him of any votes.

I give the Republicans more credit than you do, apparently.  I think they know what they're doing each and every time they emphasize his full middle name.  In fact, I know God-damn well what they're doing.  They're trashing this guy because of his race and his heritage and they're trying to make people think, falsely, that he is or could likely be, a Muslim.  It's the exact same thing as referring to Lieberman, not as Joe Lieberman, but as "the Jew, Joe Lieberman," each and every time they mention his name.

And, yes, it IS worse than age-based discrimination.  Age-based DOES raise valid concerns.  This guy can't remember that Czechoslovakia is now the Czech Republic and Slovakia.  He gets confused as to whether Iraq and Pakistan share a border.  He thinks the Surge preceded the so-called "Anbar Awakening," that Gen. Petraeus drives around in an unarmoured Humvee, about the number of troops in Iraq - - and his reaction to a simple question about insurance coverage for Viagara sent him into a real tizzy.  His age is showing and it's a legitimate concern.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
<<My advice is to embrace the "Hussein " and like it , it is an honest name for 99% of the people who bear it , and it should drive off the vote only of the same people who won't vote for him anyway.>>

So I guess all those Republican commentators who emphasize and re-emphasize his middle name are just wasting their time, because it won't rob him of any votes.

Yes , you understand me well.

I give the Republicans more credit than you do, apparently. 

I give the common man more credit , the number of adults who believe that his middle name is significant has got to be small. The number of Commentators willing to work very hard for this marginal benefit is also small I hope. I would rather have an intelligent choice made , than a canny manipulation.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 03:46:26 PM »