Author Topic: very true  (Read 3700 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: very true
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
I have a bad attitude about print to edge copy/print.
we really shouldn`t bother
I might be wrong but didn`t all school teach margins
people shouldn`t be writing to the edge
look at 3 hole paper it`s within margin for that reason.

The main use for borderless printing is printing of photographs.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 09:33:06 PM »
I think yes
I work across from it
i can`t wait for it to open
I hate the food at my job it`s quite costly and untasty

and the trick with borderless pictures you lose a tiny bit of the outside image
usually it`s a acceptable loss.
but copiers has a bad habit of cropping the edges
and you can lose up to an 8th of an itch sometimes
so you can lose a few letters of text that way

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 01:45:32 PM »
Kimba, let me get back to you on the power save function.  It shouldn't be a problem.  You oshould access it either from the menu or Machine Status button.  But I'll fnd that out for you next time I look at an M20.  It won't be long.

You might try looking under the "Support and Documentation" tag on www.xerox.com.

As to borderless printing, the main reason copiers do not print to the edge is jam prevention.  A very small edge deletion (1-2mm) is deliberately put on to avoid static build up on the edge.  (Copies are made by electromagnetic attraction of toner to the drum and then to the paper.)  That allows the edge of a document to enter areas like feed rolls, the fuser or the drum without extra attraction that would cause a jam.  If your copier is properly adjusted, making an all-balck copy (we call it a "dark dusting") should result in a thin, white border all the way around.

Enough tech-talk for now!  I'll get back on the M20 power save.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 12:30:46 AM »
wow
I`m serious when i say thank you on that answer.
jam prevention
I`m sure my clients won`t buy it but I don`t care this adds a another level for me to answer this problem.
I`m putting this on my tips book.
I made a notebook with all the tricks on handling the machines.
ex. for some reason oversize originals jams on the digitals copiers.
I put a post-it over the sensor and it cuts down on the jams on the ADF.
I even know how to bypass a 490 stapler sensor to handle more paper.
but I think 490`s are phasing out.
shame
it`s a hella of a machine and way smarter than the 275
but the 275 has better quality

Stray Pooch

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 09:35:36 PM »
Yeah, the Lakes are on the way out.  The 275 series has been upgraded.  There is a 5638 series out now which is the latest in the Brunel/Alchemy/etc. series.  I think it's called Sorcery. 

Yeah, the Lead Edge, Trail Edge and Side deletions are deliberate, and are usually set electronically as part of the Registration processes. 

You talk about your tips notebook.  Neat idea.  Do you have access to Eureka?  Are you submitting your tips?  I have submitted several and one or two have even been used on advanced training CDs for the 412/M15 family.  I don't submit all my tips.  Some I am afraid might give the Field Engineers heart attacks.  Like I once saved a like-for-like on a 5830 at a major account by using two large tie wraps to hold down a broken frame right on the pivot point of the clamshell.  Lasted until they upgraded! 

The most important tool in my case, though, is the IBM-PC.  That is, the Itty-Bitty Modified Paper Clip!

I have used paperclips to make c-clips, jumpers, multimeter leads, spring hooks, clamps, even to fashion fixes for broken brackets.  I have an IBM-PC holding a duplex transport on a 275 right now.  It's just a temp, since there is actually a FE fix for that problem and I just need to run by the account and put it on.  But I could leave it like that if I wanted.  Works like a charm.  I used to do a permanent fix to the copy cartirdge receiver assembly on the old 5028-types.  Those things would break a lot and the repair was a complete strip-down.  What a pain!  The most common failure was on a screw holder portion of the assembly.  I used to cut down a paperclip and run a screw through it.  The ends of the paperclip held the bracket and the rest of the assembly up.  It turned an hour long job into five minutes.  I'm all about saving time. 

Speaking of which, if you work on the the earlier or lower speed Brunel type machines (I'm talking  the DC 535, CC 35-55, and even the WCP 232) and you ever have to replace the scanner CCD module be SURE to use the innovator kit with the CCD Module jig.  That's one of the best things the Field Engineers ever came up with, IMO.  It takes the toughest job on the machine and cuts about 75% of the time (not to mention the precision adjusting) out of it.  If you need the kit part number, just shoot me an email at straypooch@yahoo.com.

Also if you work on M20s and don't already know it, a lot of fax problems or "weird" electrical problems are solved by simply taking off the small door on the back cover, removing the memory chips and reseating them.  In a pinch (like if you have to reorder them) the machine will run without those chips in there.  It just has limited memory. 

Anyway, so much for extraneous shop-talk.  I think I have the answer to your power-save issue.  This is long enough so I will post it on its own.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Stray Pooch

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 09:45:06 PM »
This comes from the Xerox website at www.xerox.com (under the "Support and Drivers" tab for the M20).
Hope it does the trick.  If not, let me know.

[Solution: Enable or Disable the Power Save Mode

The Power Save feature allows the machine to reduce power consumption when the machine is not in use. The time interval the machine waits after a job is printed before switching to the Power Save mode can be set to one of the following values: 5, 10, 15, 30, or 45 minutes.  

Press the Machine Status button on the Control Panel. 'Machine Setup' will be displayed on the Display Screen.

Press the Enter button. 'Machine Setup Tray 1 Size' will be displayed.

Press the Left or Right arrow button until 'Power Save' is displayed, and then press the Enter button.

Press the Left or Right arrow button to select 'On' or 'Off' to enable or disable the Power Save mode.

Press the Enter button to save the setting.

If Off is selected, skip to step 9.

If On is selected, press the Left or Right arrow button to select the required time interval.

Press Enter to save the setting.

Press the Stop button to return to the Standby mode.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 09:57:20 PM by Stray Pooch »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 11:38:11 PM »
I will definately do this when I get to work tomorrow.
I mainly use the paper clip to get those little peices of paper that break off in the machine.
usually I have this salad tong which I put 2 rubber thimble for traction to grab at hard to reach areas.
I`m pretty sure I have full xerox access to stuff
I`ll see about eureka
the thing that`s strange is I talk like this with the xerox tech and the IT guy can`t follow us.
the print and network stuff he understand.
but our talk copying and faxes is just over his head
last month he took the infotext out and I ended up reconnecting the M20i to the phone system
I`m pretty sure you understand about my dealings with infotext or eqitrac

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
It didn`t work
I think it`s something else
see if left alone for a certain amount of time it`ll take 10 to 15 sec. to warm up for me to use.
I though it`s a power save function.
but now I don`t know what it for
it`s quite annoying

Stray Pooch

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »
OK, so you turned off the Pwr Save function.  Usually there are two functions.  1 is "sleep" mode and the other is a shut down.  I'm going to have to dig a bit and get back to you. 

There is also a chance that there is something else going on, like it's time for a new fuser.  Those things go at about 40-50k and sometimes sooner.  The PN is 104N00036 and I'm doing that from memory so you can imagine how often I changed them.  Giveaway symptoms for that prob are residual image (or dirty background in the early stages) and frequent fuser jams.  There may also be dirt on the thermistor.  But the way you describe the symptom, it still seems to be timer related.  If it only takes 10-15 seconds for a warm up it must be in "sleep."  A full shut down would mean about two minutes to fuser temp.   I'll look for an answer and get back to you.

It didn`t work
I think it`s something else
see if left alone for a certain amount of time it`ll take 10 to 15 sec. to warm up for me to use.
I though it`s a power save function.
but now I don`t know what it for
it`s quite annoying

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 08:41:28 PM »
I contacted xerox live experted and this is thier answer

me

;when I leave the m20i idle it take 15-20 sec. to warmup how do it turn that off so the machine be always ready?
the powersave is already turned off

xerox

There is no way to completely disable it, the fuser has to warm up to the appropriate temperature to fuse the toner to the page, there is no way to make it 100% instantaneous.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 08:43:56 PM »
Is there a half setting?

Such that the fuser were kept a little warm but not hot?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 09:16:04 PM »
I hope so
I`ll try anything
that 15 sec. warmup don`t sound like much ,but very annoying when your trying to do a court filing.
timing is everything.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 09:49:19 PM »
Is there a half setting?

Such that the fuser were kept a little warm but not hot?

If it's only taking 15-20 seconds to fully heat up, that is the "warm" setting. The fuser takes much longer than that to heat up from "cold".
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 09:51:22 PM »
What if it were kept in a hot room?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 02:00:10 AM »
if it`s effected by room temp than I`ll have to live with it
I keep it between 68 to 70 degrees.
any warmer and the room starts to gets very uncomfortable to me.
I`m not suited for warm climates.
and keeping it chilly means the air is circulating.
and copiers cranks alot of heat.
on a very hot days people with window ofiice come to my room for relief