Author Topic: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon  (Read 12017 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hmmm, let's see here, Obama & Company pull out the race card, & despite zip evidence/examples of such, claim McCain & the GOP are going to try and frighten Americans to not vote for him because of the color of his skin.  McCain accurately responds with highlighting Obama's pulling of the race card, yet it's McCain trying negative campaign against Obama

But there's no media bias..............naaaaaaaaaaaaaa
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:43:25 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: A little early....didn't think Obama would step this low, so soon
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:38:42 PM »
  Well sure , that is all he has got.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:58:51 PM »
Uhh, remind me again, which side consistently tries to insert Barak's middle name prominently between the first and last names?

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2006/12/barack_hussein.html

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/31/america/campaign.php - -
But some conservative talk-show hosts have taken, for example, to referring repeatedly to "Barack Hussein Obama," presumably underlining his father's foreign roots and the fact that some of his ancestors were Muslim.
(International Herald Tribune)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0108/Robocall_trashes_Barack_Hussein_Obama.html
The Obama campaign has released a recording (mp3) it says came from a Nevadan's answering machine of an anonymous robocall that criticizes Obama for taking money from special interests while repeating, four times, his rarely used middle name: "Hussein."
"I'm calling with some important information about Barack Hussein Obama," the call begins, before saying that  "Barack Hussein Obama says he doesn't take money from Washington lobbyists or special interest groups but the record is clear that he does."
After mentioning his full name once more, the call concludes:
"You just can't take a chance on Barack Hussein Obama."

I can tell ya who's playing the race card here.  It ain't Obama, that's for sure.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 08:08:25 PM »
A) It IS his middle name
B) Show us, PLEASE, where the GOP and/or McCain are even adding it, in ANYTHING remotely resembling the campaign
C) Obama pulled this dungheap of a move
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »
There is that, and also, his vision and his competence.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 08:13:57 PM »
Are you ashamed of Hussein? It is his real middle name and it isn't strange for prominent people to be called by all three .

I am not old enough to remember whether there was ever any importance attached to the F in JFK or the M in RMN but both of these guys got elected with funny middle names.

For BHO Hussein is an old country name ,such as many of us bear in the middle spot where it honors a grand without bothering current life. Anyone truely bothered by it is being silly.

I haven't heard of McCain mentioning it at all , or in any other way alludeing to his race as if it were a disqualifier. BHO himself mentions it regularly because it is his main qualifier for the office. There are few color lines left to break since Jackie Robinson many color lines have fallen , and no where is there a colorline of grester signifigance. Barak breaking the colorline is a very romantic idea and an attractive idea even to people who know nothing elese about BHO. This is very good for BHO because it is the best thing he offers , every other quality he has is muted next to this.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 08:17:08 PM »
There is that, and also, his vision and his competence.

That would be nice to see , what has he shown in vision and competence?
He reads his teleprompter well but not better than Reagan , he speaks on his own as well as Dan Quale , but this isn't a big thing is it?

Some of my favoriate politicians use teleprompters , I am not relly objecting , I am just wondering what we have ever seen him do that would demonstrate a vision or a competence?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
I think it's hilarious that you try to minimize the significance of mentioning Obama's full middle name, as if it were as innocuous as the "Fitzgerald" in John Fitzgerald Kennedy.  Very rarely was the full "Fitzgerald" mentioned, it was either "JFK" or "John F. Kennedy" or just "Kennedy."  The Republican supporters I cited (and believe me, they are but the tip of the iceberg) go out of their way to mention the middle name in full and almost as often as they refer to the candidate at all.

To those who say, "Well, it IS his middle name," I ask, how many times do you, in referring to ANYBODY, refer to them by their full name, including full middle name?  How many times was Bush referred to as "George Walker Bush?"  Cheney, I don't even KNOW his middle name.  Clinton, almost never referred to by three full names, John Edwards, we don't even know the middle name, Harry S. Truman (I don't think the "S" actually stood for anything, FDR almost never referred to as Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Ike often Dwight D. Eisenhower, but you'd almost never hear the middle name.  It's bullshit to claim that the name Hussain is used because "It IS his middle name."  Nobody gives a shit what his middle name is, any more than anyone else's middle name - - it's used for one reason, to excite anti-Muslim prejudice.

There is no doubt the race card is in play.  There's no doubt it is the Republicans who have put it in play.  Whether it works or not will depend on how racist the American voters still are.  If they're all as non-racist as has been claimed here, they'll see right through this ugly tactic and show their displeasure at the polls.  If they're as racist as I think they are, they'll silently take this "Hussein" shit as vindication of their own racism and vote as their racism dictates.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 08:29:25 PM »
A) It IS his middle name
B) Show us, PLEASE, where the GOP and/or McCain are even adding it, in ANYTHING remotely resembling the campaign
C) Obama pulled this dungheap of a move

As I have told my local conservative knuckleheaded radio talker, the insertion of Barack Obama's (yes, it is his middle name) middle name, Hussein, every time they mention him is merely one more of the childish and petty little ways of trying to annoy Democrats and paint their opponents are "terrorists", "other" or suspect in some way.

I list it along with the GOP losers who like to say "the Democrat Party" and "Librulls hait America".

Of course, McCain would never say it.  He doesn't have to what with Rush, Sean, Beck and local talkers saying it ad nauseam across the country non-stop.

Obama has done nothing but respond like an adult to childish nonsense from petty children trying to win by using the politics of destruction.

Obama is the obviously better choice between the two.  McCain's time passed 8 years ago when he laid down against the Masters of Bullshit and Lies.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 08:33:25 PM »
I think it's hilarious that you try to minimize the significance of mentioning Obama's full middle name, as if it were as innocuous as the "Fitzgerald" in John Fitzgerald Kennedy.  Very rarely was the full "Fitzgerald" mentioned, it was either "JFK" or "John F. Kennedy" or just "Kennedy."  The Republican supporters I cited (and believe me, they are but the tip of the iceberg) go out of their way to mention the middle name in full and almost as often as they refer to the candidate at all.

To those who say, "Well, it IS his middle name," I ask, how many times do you, in referring to ANYBODY, refer to them by their full name, including full middle name?  How many times was Bush referred to as "George Walker Bush?"  Cheney, I don't even KNOW his middle name.  Clinton, almost never referred to by three full names, John Edwards, we don't even know the middle name, Harry S. Truman (I don't think the "S" actually stood for anything, FDR almost never referred to as Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Ike often Dwight D. Eisenhower, but you'd almost never hear the middle name.  It's bullshit to claim that the name Hussain is used because "It IS his middle name."  Nobody gives a shit what his middle name is, any more than anyone else's middle name - - it's used for one reason, to excite anti-Muslim prejudice.

There is no doubt the race card is in play.  There's no doubt it is the Republicans who have put it in play.  Whether it works or not will depend on how racist the American voters still are.  If they're all as non-racist as has been claimed here, they'll see right through this ugly tactic and show their displeasure at the polls.  If they're as racist as I think they are, they'll silently take this "Hussein" shit as vindication of their own racism and vote as their racism dictates.

I think you are pointing out that Racists will not vote for BHO , I conceed that. I don't mean to defend any racist from the consequence of his own stupidity. I don't think much of someone who votes against BHO for being black.

But That is all BHO has got , there is no reason to vote for him .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 08:34:15 PM »
Referring to him as Hussein is a clever way of providing the rubes, hicks, bumpkins, yokels and fools a reason to oppose him and still not feel like racists. It sort of reinforces the Obama/Osama similarity as well. This is why there are so many slow thinkers who still think he is a closet Muslim and will declare a jihad on Christians the day after he is sworn in (on a Koran, of course).

McCain's handlers know that this is the best way to win, and by bringing it up first, it puts McCain in the spotlight denying his racism. McCain, of course, is the guy who opposed MLK Day more than once.

Though not for racist reasons, of course. There are those who believe that he actually wanted to celebrate Lawrence Welks' Birthday instead.

Just wait a while, and you will see that McCain can actually outstoop Obama.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 08:37:29 PM »
<<But That is all BHO has got , there is no reason to vote for him .>>

Oh no,  he's got a lot more than that.  He's got the good judgment and the courage and  independence of mind to have OPPOSED the war from the get-go, when all the "experienced" and "knowledgeable" folks endorsed it in lock-step.  Credit where credit is due.  He showed more sense than the "President," his entire cabinet and the Democratic "opposition."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »
<<But That is all BHO has got , there is no reason to vote for him .>>

Oh no,  he's got a lot more than that.  He's got the good judgment and the courage and  independence of mind to have OPPOSED the war from the get-go, when all the "experienced" and "knowledgeable" folks endorsed it in lock-step.  Credit where credit is due.  He showed more sense than the "President," his entire cabinet and the Democratic "opposition."

Ok two things now and on one of them I am definately against him.
After he shifts twards the center and proposes a permanant level of troops , or a withdrawal on the same terms as President Bush allows for , I am still  against him because I don't think there is a sincere bone in his body.

If Sincerity can be considered a thing . We are now discussing three things and two of them are negative to me.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »
But That is all BHO has got , there is no reason to vote for him .

WRONG.

BHO knows that offshore drilling is just a Big Oil wet dream that behooves only them in the future.  Drilling now will only allow them to keep us hooked on $5 (or $10 or $20) a gallon gas in 10 years when we'll be really hurting and ready for a major fix.

BHO knows that Americans want to re-build their own nation and create jobs HERE in the US by investing in our own infrastructure.

BHO knows that Americans just want to get along and not be divided in the name of maintaining political power.

BHO knows that Iraqis (and 70% of Americans) want our troops out of Iraq years ago and is ready to make it happen in a swift but safe manner.

BHO understands that Americans are hurting and that people are lining up at free clinics for hours to get a chance at an eye appointment or free breast exam only to be turned away.  And in the richest country on earth, that is a disgusting affront to humanity.

BHO does not want to start any more wars.

BHO believes in leading nations into democracy is better done by example than by pointing a gun.

BHO believes in encouraging fathers to be active in the lives of their children.

BHO is an exciting new voice in American politics.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 08:52:33 PM »
<<BHO is an exciting new voice in American politics.>>

Brass, what do you think about his talk about moving the war to Afghanistan?