Author Topic: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon  (Read 12019 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »
Personally, I don't think there is any reason for us to be in Afghanistan either but it is more in line with the idea that Osama bin Laden was once there and that there were actually training camps there.  (The only reason I can think of for Bush having sent us there in the first place was because BIG OIL wanted that pipeline that the Talibani had shot down many times over when Hamid Kharzai was negotiating with them on behalf of BIG OIL.)

Myself, I know diddly about how to conduct military forces beyond hundreds of games of RISK but it seems to me the best way to win a war (based on my RISK games, mind you) is to consolidate our troops when you're over-extended and abandon countries/conflicts that you had no business getting involved with in the first place when you knew you couldn't hold it.

And you damned sure don't go using men to take a country because of hubris or plain old desire and that is exactly why we're in Iraq.

Afghanistan (if we believe the mainstream stances) is unfinished business.  And if BHO wants to send them there, I trust him enough to go with that belief till I find out different.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »
But That is all BHO has got , there is no reason to vote for him .

WRONG.

BHO knows that offshore drilling is just a Big Oil wet dream that behooves only them in the future.  Drilling now will only allow them to keep us hooked on $5 (or $10 or $20) a gallon gas in 10 years when we'll be really hurting and ready for a major fix.

This is something that doesn't matter as much as it will seem to , bringing ANWAR into production will have the opposite effect on speculation as keeping it unused would  so the effect would be immeadiate. But eventually cheap oil will still become unavailible and we ought to prepare for that whether we drill more in Alaska or not , does McCain still oppose this? I loose track .

BHO knows that Americans want to re-build their own nation and create jobs HERE in the US by investing in our own infrastructure.

No he is for the minimum wage being raised , which exports jobs as a direct action.

BHO knows that Americans just want to get along and not be divided in the name of maintaining political power.

Ok , who would disagree with that?
BHO knows that Iraqis (and 70% of Americans) want our troops out of Iraq years ago and is ready to make it happen in a swift but safe manner.
Ok , who would disagree with that? Iraquis, that is who. I think the drawdown order is imminent and doesn't depend on who is elected so much as it depends on Iriqui readyness.

BHO understands that Americans are hurting and that people are lining up at free clinics for hours to get a chance at an eye appointment or free breast exam only to be turned away.  And in the richest country on earth, that is a disgusting affront to humanity.
This might be a real Issue , what does he want to do about it ?
BHO does not want to start any more wars.
Not up to him is it? If another Osama Bin Laden declaires another war on us Obama will be at war whether he likes or doesn't.
BHO believes in leading nations into democracy is better done by example than by pointing a gun.
Ok , who would disagree with that?
BHO believes in encouraging fathers to be active in the lives of their children.
Bravo
BHO is an exciting new voice in American politics.

Edwards redux

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 10:21:30 PM »
No he is for the minimum wage being raised , which exports jobs as a direct action.

========================
Yeah, sure. Ronald McDonald and Burger King are transferring burgerflipping and deep frying to Mangalore even as we speak.
There are very few jobs that pay the minimum wage that can be transferred, in reatity.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 10:33:51 PM »

========================
Yeah, sure. Ronald McDonald and Burger King are transferring burgerflipping and deep frying to Mangalore even as we speak.
There are very few jobs that pay the minimum wage that can be transferred, in reality.

Burger flipping cannot leave , but Television assembly can be done anywhere.
Denial of the harm that the minimum wage can do is just denial.
It is like believing in perpetual motion to believe that any economic decision can have no negative consequence.

I do believe that I can produce more value with my work than the typical Chinese worker , but eighteen times as much? There is some artificiality involved and it becomes more evident as the topical Chinese worker becomes more modern .
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:15:02 PM by Plane »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 10:44:31 PM »
I think it's hilarious that you try to minimize the significance of mentioning Obama's full middle name, as if it were as innocuous as the "Fitzgerald" in John Fitzgerald Kennedy.  Very rarely was the full "Fitzgerald" mentioned, it was either "JFK" or "John F. Kennedy" or just "Kennedy."  The Republican supporters I cited (and believe me, they are but the tip of the iceberg) go out of their way to mention the middle name in full and almost as often as they refer to the candidate at all.

Don't know where you lived but i heard Fitzgerald all the time when people referred to Kennedy. Maybe it was to remind folks of his Irish heritage. maybe it was to remind folks that he was descended from the Fitzgeralds of Boston fame. Maybe it was to secure the Catholic vote. Maybe it was to shame any who wouldn't vote for a man based on his religion.

Bobby's middle name was Francis. Heard that a lot too.

Barack's middle name is Hussein. Big deal. Doubt that is a secret to anyone.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 10:59:30 PM »
<<Don't know where you lived but i heard Fitzgerald all the time when people referred to Kennedy.>>

You do know where I lived, but maybe you forgot.  I lived in Toronto, but we had regular weekly subscriptions to TIME and LIFE magazines and a monthly to Esquire Magazine.   And read the New York Times every Sunday.  And watched the news on NBC or CBS every night.  I don't know where YOU lived, but believe me, although we all knew what the F stood for, it was not all that often that we saw it in print.  Nowhere NEAR the number of times the hatchet men of the War Party use Obamas middle name.

<<Maybe it was to remind folks of his Irish heritage.>>

Yeah, that must be it.  "Kennedy" always sounded kinda Jewish to me.

<<maybe it was to remind folks that he was descended from the Fitzgeralds of Boston fame.>>

Yeah, Honey Fitz, the last hurrah, crooked Democratic big-city politics and all that.  Just to remind the voters in the rest of the country just kind of political swamp he came from, despite the Harvard veneer.  Smart move.

<<Maybe it was to secure the Catholic vote. Maybe it was to shame any who wouldn't vote for a man based on his religion.>>

Right.  John Kennedy from Boston.  Son of Joe Kennedy, the anti-British bootlegger and whiskey baron of  Boston, the father of nine children. An Irish Catholic?  Him?  Who woulda thunk?

<<Bobby's middle name was Francis. Heard that a lot too.>>

LOL.  Oh yeah.  All the time.  Sure, BT.

<<Barack's middle name is Hussein. Big deal. Doubt that is a secret to anyone.>>

Fitzgerald wasn't a secret either, neither was Delano, neither was Milhous, but nobody harped on any of them like those Republicans are harping on Obama.  And there are three very obvious reasons for it.  Racism, racism, and racism.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »
Fitzgerald wasn't a secret either, neither was Delano, neither was Milhous, but nobody harped on any of them like those Republicans are harping on Obama.  And there are three very obvious reasons for it.  Racism, racism, and racism.

I think you are exaggerateing the "Hussein" effect and you are exaggerateing the "Hussein " mentioning effort.

I know it has happened , but could you find an example published today? this week?  I bet when you find a good example it will be a month old.

But why would you perform this exaggeration , simply your Racism, racism, and racism.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »
<<I know it has happened , but could you find an example published today? this week?  I bet when you find a good example it will be a month old.>>

plane I just Googled once and in under thirty seconds I had all three of the examples I posted.  There were more than ten pages to go in my search.  What I posted was the tip of the iceberg, as I already mentioned.  I gotta go eat something, had a very late lunch and now I'm hungry as a sunuvabitch.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 01:01:56 AM »
Hard to believe what I just saw and heard on CNN a couple of minutes ago.  Some lady asks McCain at a town hall meeting "You promised a different, respectful etc. campaign again and now we just saw your ad comparing Obama to Britney Spears, have you flip-flopped?"

McCain basically said, We're very proud of that ad, I'd like to debate the issues seriously with Senator Obama - - absolutely nothing about the ad (other than that "we" are very proud of it) - - THIS is the Straight Talk Express??  Anybody who's not a total idiot can look at that exchange and figure out that McCain's a bullshitter, he's fallen to the sleaziest kind of campaign tactics - - exactly what he said earlier he wouldn't do - - and his credibility has to be zilch.  He actually looked like he was AFRAID of the woman who asked him the question - - stammered at bit at the start of his response then slipped into this nonsensical, nonresponsive patter that said just about nothing and certainly nothing that answered the question.

This guy is toast.  He's not just gonna lose, he's gonna lose in a LANDSLLIDE.   He's not even a good liar.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 01:09:49 AM »
Hard to believe what I just saw and heard on CNN a couple of minutes ago.  Some lady asks McCain at a town hall meeting "You promised a different, respectful etc. campaign again and now we just saw your ad comparing Obama to Britney Spears, have you flip-flopped?"

McCain basically said, We're very proud of that ad, I'd like to debate the issues seriously with Senator Obama - - absolutely nothing about the ad (other than that "we" are very proud of it) - - THIS is the Straight Talk Express??  Anybody who's not a total idiot can look at that exchange and figure out that McCain's a bullshitter, he's fallen to the sleaziest kind of campaign tactics - - exactly what he said earlier he wouldn't do - - and his credibility has to be zilch.  He actually looked like he was AFRAID of the woman who asked him the question - - stammered at bit at the start of his response then slipped into this nonsensical, nonresponsive patter that said just about nothing and certainly nothing that answered the question.

This guy is toast.  He's not just gonna lose, he's gonna lose in a LANDSLLIDE.   He's not even a good liar.

I have seen that commercial , it is sort of mocking in tone , but the serious point is that BHO is all sizzle and no steak.

the amount of sizzle is remarkable ,but where is the beef?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 01:16:52 AM »
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/mccain-repudiates-hussein-obama-remarks/

Top of the list  is from Febuary.

eight of ten are not origional , but are like us , commenting on .

This isn't seriously anything , better to mock his ears , which glow when backlit like twin halos.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 01:27:05 AM »
<<I have seen that commercial , it is sort of mocking in tone , but the serious point is that BHO is all sizzle and no steak.>>

The ad was a personal attack on Obama.  Comparing him to Britney Spears was a cheap shot.

"Sort of mocking in tone" is just another way of saying it ridiculed Obama's glitzy style.  That's saying absolutely NOTHING about issues while saying something very negative about the candidate's style.

Obama had a great response, I saw him asking McCain (rhetorically, McCain wasn't there,) given the serious issues that beset the country "Is that [i.e., the comparison to Britney Spears]  the best you can do?"  or "Is that your best shot?" 

"All sizzle and no steak" is also a personal attack, it's attacking the guy for sizzling AND there's no evidence supplied of the "no steak," just McCain's word that there's no steak. 

Personally, I think this ad was a desperate and pathetic effort.  It's sure to backfire on McCain.  When I watched him defending himself to a tall, angry black woman, he looked like an almost-senile demented old man making childish excuses with his hand caught in a cookie jar.  He talked and he talked, but he said nothing.  Bad move - - if he didn't intend to acknowledge error, he should have dealt with the woman's question in one short sentence and then moved on immediately, as if it had no importance. Just by dancing around for so long on it, and saying nothing of substance, he (1) admitted the importance of the issue by the time devoted and (2) showed the audience that he was a bullshitter and probably a liar too, and not even good at either.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 01:49:50 AM »
<<I have seen that commercial , it is sort of mocking in tone , but the serious point is that BHO is all sizzle and no steak.>>

The ad was a personal attack on Obama.  Comparing him to Britney Spears was a cheap shot.

"Sort of mocking in tone" is just another way of saying it ridiculed Obama's glitzy style.  That's saying absolutely NOTHING about issues while saying something very negative about the candidate's style.

Obama had a great response, I saw him asking McCain (rhetorically, McCain wasn't there,) given the serious issues that beset the country "Is that [i.e., the comparison to Britney Spears]  the best you can do?"  or "Is that your best shot?" 

"All sizzle and no steak" is also a personal attack, it's attacking the guy for sizzling AND there's no evidence supplied of the "no steak," just McCain's word that there's no steak. 

Personally, I think this ad was a desperate and pathetic effort.  It's sure to backfire on McCain.  When I watched him defending himself to a tall, angry black woman, he looked like an almost-senile demented old man making childish excuses with his hand caught in a cookie jar.  He talked and he talked, but he said nothing.  Bad move - - if he didn't intend to acknowledge error, he should have dealt with the woman's question in one short sentence and then moved on immediately, as if it had no importance. Just by dancing around for so long on it, and saying nothing of substance, he (1) admitted the importance of the issue by the time devoted and (2) showed the audience that he was a bullshitter and probably a liar too, and not even good at either.

No wonder Obama fears real debate so much.

In a face to face debate Obama would overwhelm McCain so basdly that the audience would boo against the overdogs cruelty.

Hahahahaha...

Any way if Obama wanted to answer McCain directly he certainly could , McCain is begging for it , but Obama is too fearfull of being seaparated from his teleprompter.

Right now I am the one asking where the beef is , there is no point in denying Obama has charm , but while the charm is easy to see , his actual goals for use of the Presidency are not clear at all.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 02:04:38 AM »
<<Any way if Obama wanted to answer McCain directly he certainly could , McCain is begging for it , but Obama is too fearfull of being seaparated from his teleprompter.>>

He HAS answered McCain directly and IMHO tore a huge strip off him.  He spoke of the serious issues America was facing, the choices the country was going to have to make that would affect them and the next generation and the next.

Then he said that you'd think, given the magnitude of the problem, that the nation would be witness to some serious debate.

Then he said, with just the right amount of disgust in his voice, a very small amount, careful not to overdo it, that instead we got ads about Britney Spears (and some other fluff, I forget who) and this was the best McCain could come up with.  That he'd promised earlier in the campaign to avoid that type of campaigning, to set a higher standard . . .

I gotta tell ya, he spoke so well; the voice was resonant, controlled; he paused in all the right places, just long enough to let the point sink in; the cadence, the rise and fall of tone, were letter-perfect.  He just TRASHED McCain.  I don't think anyone who (a) saw McCain's ad and (b) witnessed Obama's response, could have a single ounce of respect left for McCain.    Even worse if that person had witnessed McCain defending the ad to an angry black woman.  He looked just like a guilty child being scolded and making up pitiful excuses to avoid the tongue-lashing.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 02:28:13 AM »
Serious debate ?

About what?

Still no beef ,.... McCain is right to point out that BHO is light weight.

Brittany Spears could deliver the same speach about not compareing her to Barak Obama . Perhaps with greater justifacation, she is serious about her business.

If BHO fears not to debate then he should debate , otherwise he should listen to the growing chorous ,,...

Where is the beef?