Author Topic: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon  (Read 12028 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2008, 04:08:45 PM »
I understand  that  not one of the swift boat veterans who claimed Kerry received his decorations dishonorably actually served on the the boat with him when he was cited for heroism or was wounded.

This would be an incorrect statement. At least 16 members of the group served with him, and one was present during one incident for which Kerry received a medal.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:14:23 PM by Amianthus »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

ZoSo

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2008, 04:49:53 PM »

This would be an incorrect statement. At least 16 members of the group served with him, and one was present during one incident for which Kerry received a medal.

You sure?  16?

I thought they only had a crew of 6?

Of those who served in Kerry's boat crew, only Stephen Gardner joined SBVT. He was not present on any of the occasions when Kerry won his medals, including his Purple Hearts. Gardner appeared in two of the group's television advertisements.

All other living members of Kerry's crew supported his presidential bid, and some frequently campaigned with him as his self-described 'band of brothers'. Kerry crewmembers have disputed some of SBVT's various allegations: "totally false" (Drew Whitlow), "garbage" (Gene Thorson), and "a pack of lies" (Del Sandusky).

No members of SBVT were aboard Kerry's boat during any of the incidents for which he was decorated. The only member of SBVT who was present at the Silver Star incident, Rood's crewmember Larry Clayton Lee, praised Kerry's tactics and stated that he earned his Silver Star; he stated that based on discussions with other SBVT members, he came to question whether Kerry deserved other medals for incidents at which he was not present

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »
No, they are obviously never going to get the racist vote and they know that at least as well as you know that.  They are worried about the loss of lukewarm fence-sitters, who due to the sheer awfulness of McSame as a candidate, are seriously considering Obama, but can hopefully be dissuaded by racist appeals, to their resentment against the black "defilers" of "Southern womanhood."

So, if it is a Southern thing why did Obama win the majority of the primaries in the Deep South?

Your vitriol is only exceeded by your ignorance of the South.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »

So, if it is a Southern thing why did Obama win the majority of the primaries in the Deep South?

Your vitriol is only exceeded by your ignorance of the South.

========================================================
Answer the following questions:

1. Most anti-Black racists in the South belong to the _________ Party. Republican/Democrat/Vegetarian.

2, A majority of Black people in the South are _________. Republicans/Democrats/Whigs.

3. In the Democratic Party Primary in Southern states, a sizable number of voters are _______________. Black/Tibetan/ Zoroastrians.

4. In 2008, Obama got a disproportional number of votes from ____________people. Tasmanian/Black/Ruthenian.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2008, 05:40:23 PM »
You sure?  16?

I thought they only had a crew of 6?

You really think the same 6 guys served the entire tour together?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »

1. Most Black racists in the South belong to the _Democrat__ Party. .

2, Most anti-Black racists in the South belong to the _Democrat_ Party.

3.A majority of Black people in the South are _Democrats__.

4. In the Democratic Party Primary in Southern states, a sizable number of voters are __White_. Black/comes in second.

5. In 2008, Obama got a hugely disproportional number of votes from __Black_people ,a clear proof of racist attitude.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2008, 06:09:08 PM »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2008, 06:22:14 PM »
Lot of WHite folks voted ofr Obama in Georgia

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#GADEM

That is true, but does this reality prove anything?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2008, 06:27:51 PM »
That is true, but does this reality prove anything?

Kinda contradicts Mikey's Southerners as  Racist BS.

ZoSo

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »

Yeah, I think the same 6 guys probably served on the same boat for the tour, it only lasted 4 months.

I served with the same 3 guys on a bomb load crew in Vietnam for a year. There were around 300 guys in my squadron, I only actually knew maybe 20 of them.

I wonder how many of them would be telling stories about me if I ran for President?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2008, 08:45:52 PM »

Yeah, I think the same 6 guys probably served on the same boat for the tour, it only lasted 4 months.

I served with the same 3 guys on a bomb load crew in Vietnam for a year. There were around 300 guys in my squadron, I only actually knew maybe 20 of them.

I wonder how many of them would be telling stories about me if I ran for President?

Were there other people serveingwith you , or bunking with you that knew you but were not in your team?

I understand that the Swift Boat  crews had barraks and apartments together , seldom sleeping on the boat.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »

And yet, the group of Kerry's crew mates supporting him numbers 10. How does that work if there was only 6?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2008, 10:04:31 PM »
What Kerry did in Vietnam had no importance with regard to the type of president he would have been.

Juniorbush's presidency was already on a long downhill slide when the 2004 elections took place.

There was no way it ever would be better than his first term, and that was a disaster.

It is rather nice that no more buildings were bombed, but more lives have been lost due to incompetence and stupidity in the war that followed the invasion than died in 9-11. The numbers of the maimed and insane are much higher, even if we don;t count Iraqis.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

ZoSo

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2008, 11:53:11 PM »
And yet, the group of Kerry's crew mates supporting him numbers 10. How does that work if there was only 6?

Odd isn't it.

The names of some 250 "crew mates" appeared on the group's statement against Kerry.... most didn't serve at the same time or even in the same place as Kerry.

With all the discrepancies you would have thought the whole thing would have been dismissed as total bullshit right from the start.

Cynthia

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »
It is rather nice that no more buildings were bombed, but more lives have been lost due to incompetence and stupidity in the war that followed the invasion than died in 9-11. The numbers of the maimed and insane are much higher, even if we don;t count Iraqis.

True. The losses can be heard around the world....sorta like the historic  "gunshot". Yet, in this case it is not worthy of a war called for a win.

I have to agree with you, Xavier. I realize that this stream of thought is not popular. Ironically,  I can't help but believe that a war was still necessary....albeit a  "well oiled war". Pardon the ugly pun.

I wonder about the average, or not so average Vietnam Veteran's response to this war.  Is this Iraqi wasteful fiasco another Vietnam War?