Author Topic: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon  (Read 12036 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »
You really think the same 6 guys served the entire tour together?

Yeah, I think the same 6 guys probably served on the same boat for the tour, it only lasted 4 months.

I served with the same 3 guys on a bomb load crew in Vietnam for a year. There were around 300 guys in my squadron, I only actually knew maybe 20 of them.

I wonder how many of them would be telling stories about me if I ran for President?

For most of them the tour was a year long , some might have volenteered for a second year , Kerry found what Corporal Klinger and Capt. Yoserian always wanted , a loop hole that let him out early. This doesn't seem to have bothered his crewmates much , well not the actual ones on his boat.

Cynthia

« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2008, 01:46:39 AM »
You really think the same 6 guys served the entire tour together?

Yeah, I think the same 6 guys probably served on the same boat for the tour, it only lasted 4 months.

I served with the same 3 guys on a bomb load crew in Vietnam for a year. There were around 300 guys in my squadron, I only actually knew maybe 20 of them.

I wonder how many of them would be telling stories about me if I ran for President?

For most of them the tour was a year long , some might have volenteered for a second year , Kerry found what Corporal Klinger and Capt. Yoserian always wanted , a loop hole that let him out early. This doesn't seem to have bothered his crewmates much , well not the actual ones on his boat.

I wonder....is there a film that most touches on the reality that was Vietnam?

Platoon is one, but so is Born on the Fourth.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2008, 08:48:44 AM »
With all the discrepancies you would have thought the whole thing would have been dismissed as total bullshit right from the start.

So, you're saying that Kerry is lying when he props up 10 crew mates as having served with him and supporting his story?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »

===============================================================
The War lasted from the arrival of "advisers" in the early 1960's until 1975. There were too many Vietnam realities for a two hour movie, I think.

Apocalypse Now was a sort of psychohistory of the affair as well.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2008, 12:56:55 PM »

===============================================================
The War lasted from the arrival of "advisers" in the early 1960's until 1975. There were too many Vietnam realities for a two hour movie, I think.

Apocalypse Now was a sort of psychohistory of the affair as well.

Oh yes, of course...I had forgotten to mention A.N.

Insanity as theme indeed.

ZoSo

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2008, 07:12:08 PM »
So, you're saying that Kerry is lying when he props up 10 crew mates as having served with him and supporting his story?

I never heard a good reason from the swiftboaters  to doubt the official military records regarding Kerrys heroism.

The SBVFT accomplished their mission. That's all that mattered.

ZoSo

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »
Kerry found what Corporal Klinger and Capt. Yoserian always wanted , a loop hole that let him out early.

You should try that line at the VA Hospital in Tampa...find a kid back from Iraq with one leg & tell him congrads on finding that loophole that gave him an early out.

I suppose next you'll tell me that 58,000 found the same loophole during Vietnam only they took it a step too far.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:25:10 PM by ZoSo »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »
Kerry served two tours in Vietnam and was wounded at least once.

Juniorbush served not a day in any dangerous place, and bailed out before his time was supposed to be up.

None of this is of any value anymore, by the way. Kerry and Juniorbush are not running.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »
I never heard a good reason from the swiftboaters  to doubt the official military records regarding Kerrys heroism.

Also, did Kerry take his entire crew with him when his first crew was disbanded and he took command of another swift boat?

I'm not so sure you know the details of Kerry's military service.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2008, 07:53:03 PM »
I'm not so sure you know the details of Kerry's military service.

Jeez, this was of supreme unimportance in 2004 and is of 0% importance now. Who gives a f*ck? Kerry's not running.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »

I heard one , Kerry himself wrote that stuff.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »
Kerry found what Corporal Klinger and Capt. Yoserian always wanted , a loop hole that let him out early.

You should try that line at the VA Hospital in Tampa...find a kid back from Iraq with one leg & tell him congrads on finding that loophole that gave him an early out.

I suppose next you'll tell me that 58,000 found the same loophole during Vietnam only they took it a step too far.
Kerry has one leg?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2008, 11:49:02 PM »
<<So, if it is a Southern thing why did Obama win the majority of the primaries in the Deep South?>>

By getting 90% of the black vote.  By adding that to the youth vote, and whatever other niche voter blocs he has.

<<Your vitriol is only exceeded by your ignorance of the South.>>

My "ignorance" of the south consisting of calling those racist bastards what they are, despite every bullshit pretence they make to prove they have "changed."  A solidly Democratic and racist white electorate switches to Republicanism after the Democratic Party abandons its long-standing commitment to Jim Crow, but that's just coincidence.  Similar "coincidences" follow as life-long Democrats switch parties in the wake of the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.  Oh no, pardon my vitriol, no racism here folks, just move right along.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2008, 12:37:26 AM »
Did you even look at the numbers . Hillary only carried the over 45 white crowd.

When is the last time you were even in the South?

Jim Crow died with Brown vs Board of Education. Took a Republican appointed Supreme Court to do it.

Took a republican president to enforce it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2008, 12:40:53 AM »
<<So, if it is a Southern thing why did Obama win the majority of the primaries in the Deep South?>>

By getting 90% of the black vote.  By adding that to the youth vote, and whatever other niche voter blocs he has.

<<Your vitriol is only exceeded by your ignorance of the South.>>

My "ignorance" of the south consisting of calling those racist bastards what they are, despite every bullshit pretence they make to prove they have "changed."  A solidly Democratic and racist white electorate switches to Republicanism after the Democratic Party abandons its long-standing commitment to Jim Crow, but that's just coincidence.  Similar "coincidences" follow as life-long Democrats switch parties in the wake of the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.  Oh no, pardon my vitriol, no racism here folks, just move right along.

Is your attitude diffrent from prejudice in some way?