Author Topic: Leaving on vacation tomorrow  (Read 785 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Leaving on vacation tomorrow
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:48:05 PM »
Tomorrow night I am planning to fly to Montevideo, and will probably stay there fot threee or four days, then take the bus to Salto, and cross into the Provincia de Entre Rios, Argentina, and then take another bus up to the Yacycretá Dam and go on into Paraguay. It is early Spring there, so it will be nice not to deal with this 90 degree Miami heat. I am planning to visit Asunción, Concepción, some of the ruined Jesuit  missions and parts of the Chaco. The money in Paraguay is the Guarani, and exchange rate is around G4000 to the dollar. You can be a millionaire for about $250. Paraguay is a fascinating country and I have always wanted to visit there.

My sister worked for TWA and AA for years, and I will fly space available. I will fly back through  through Buenos Aires. I spend two weeks there in 2005.

So have fun while I am gone.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:51:16 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Leaving on vacation tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 12:19:15 AM »
Have a good trip.

We'll leave the light on.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:35:35 AM »
Photos please?  Have fun!
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »
There are some photos of the Granja El Roble, a farm I am planning to visit, at http://www.paraguay.ch
Click on photos (or fotos, I forget which). Lots of wild animals, weird bugs and  lizards. The owner is either German or more likely German-Paraguayan, and knows the country well. I am hoping that his Spanish is better than his English, because I don;t know much German or Guarani.

I plan to take some photos. I used to take only a few, because the camera was too large to hide.
I bought a 12 megapixel Kodal EasyShare at Woot!, and it fits easily in my pocket. I am not the sort of guy that travels to take pictures, though.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."