Author Topic: Good morning!  (Read 2921 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Good morning!
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:35:12 AM »
And it really IS a good morning, isn't it!  It feels like a long nightmare is starting to fade away.  The American people have spoken and they've done themselves proud.  Too bad about the Senate, but nothing's perfect and there's still a lot of good work to be done.

Probably the best thing that will emerge immediately from this stunning repudiation of Bush and his lies and crimes is that the image of America in the eyes of the world (not that this was ever important to Bush and his ilk) will shine much brighter today.  A Republican win would have signalled that the people endorse the crimes and atrocities of the Bush administration, that all are equally guilty.  This is a loud NO! to all of that (and to the endemic corruption of the Republican Party as well - - the Toronto Star's Tim Harper reported that 3/4 of the exit poll showed that corruption and the war were of equal significance to the voters) and a reminder to the world that for every crypto-fascist troglodyte there is an American like Lanya, like terra, like Brass and XO and JS and Knute whose head is on straight and whose moral compass never wavered.

Congratulations America!  You're on the road back to recovery in every way - - physical, spiritual, moral.  There's still a Presidency and a Senate to take back, but it'll happen.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Good morning!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 09:39:49 AM »
 ;D It's morning in America!  ;D
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 02:14:46 PM »
The Senate may be ours yet.  Tester(D) has been declared the winner, and there will probably be a recount in Virginia because Webb's victory over Allen (R) is below the 1% mark.  Hope it will stand. 

I'm just incredibly grateful that Ohio is going to have honest people back in office again. It has been far, far too long.  We've had corrupt criminals, who talk a Godly Christian patter while they steal us blind.   Off to jail with them. 

Rummy is now resigned.  Bully.  Good thing he'll be a civilian, he can be tried as a war criminal.   
I am a law and order kind of person myself.....
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

terra

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 02:35:06 PM »
And it really IS a good morning, isn't it!  It feels like a long nightmare is starting to fade away.  The American people have spoken and they've done themselves proud.  Too bad about the Senate, but nothing's perfect and there's still a lot of good work to be done.

Probably the best thing that will emerge immediately from this stunning repudiation of Bush and his lies and crimes is that the image of America in the eyes of the world (not that this was ever important to Bush and his ilk) will shine much brighter today.  A Republican win would have signalled that the people endorse the crimes and atrocities of the Bush administration, that all are equally guilty.  This is a loud NO! to all of that (and to the endemic corruption of the Republican Party as well - - the Toronto Star's Tim Harper reported that 3/4 of the exit poll showed that corruption and the war were of equal significance to the voters) and a reminder to the world that for every crypto-fascist troglodyte there is an American like Lanya, like terra, like Brass and XO and JS and Knute whose head is on straight and whose moral compass never wavered.

Congratulations America!  You're on the road back to recovery in every way - - physical, spiritual, moral.  There's still a Presidency and a Senate to take back, but it'll happen.

What do you mean too bad about the Senate...shoot we won that too. Tester and Webb has won...by  the skin of their teeth. But they did. It's just be a while before the Party can start.  The dems are ahead on votes...that is what counts...(think positive!) lol
hugs,
terra

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 02:35:59 PM »
I'm just incredibly grateful that Ohio is going to have honest people back in office again.

They're honest just because they're Democrat?

It's my opinion that politicians from all major parties are crooks.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 02:37:03 PM »
The dems are ahead on votes...that is what counts...(think positive!) lol

Well, as Florida 2000 showed, being ahead on the votes just means a lawsuit is likely to follow.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 02:39:26 PM »
If they do a better job , they will be welcome to stay .

The House has the power of the purse , and unique to this situation the power to raise taxes by doing nothing.

Lets see the responsibility be discharged well and the FBI find no corruption .

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 02:50:25 PM »
The Senate may be ours yet.  Tester(D) has been declared the winner, and there will probably be a recount in Virginia because Webb's victory over Allen (R) is below the 1% mark.  Hope it will stand. 

Montana is below 1% as well. Unless Burns concedes, there will probably be a recount there as well.

terra

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »
I'm just incredibly grateful that Ohio is going to have honest people back in office again.

They're honest just because they're Democrat?

It's my opinion that politicians from all major parties are crooks.

You been hanging around with the wrong politicians.  The republican party pushes that cynism, it makes it easier to accept their dishonesty. We still believe in statesmen..though there are some who fail, they are human, there are still politicians that are in service to their nation.

You not only made the kool aid, but drank it.

terra

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 03:06:25 PM »
You been hanging around with the wrong politicians.

I've lived in majority Democrat areas nearly my entire life. Most of my representatives have been Democrats.

And most of them have been crooks of one caliber or another.