Author Topic: Irony Abounds  (Read 1236 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Irony Abounds
« on: August 11, 2008, 06:15:53 PM »
 "We worship an awesome God in the Blue States." In The Faith of Barack Obama, Stephen Mansfield explores Obama's religious faith without political or ideological bias. His basic premise is this: If a man's faith is sincere, then it is the most important thing about him. It is impossible for us to understand how Barack Obama will lead without first understanding the religious vision that informs his life.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080811/BLOG2502/80811045/1068/OPINION

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I am actually supporting someone who is less prone to profess his faith as a Christian.

Irony of my own.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Irony Abounds
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 07:37:55 PM »
"We worship an awesome God in the Blue States." In The Faith of Barack Obama, Stephen Mansfield explores Obama's religious faith without political or ideological bias. His basic premise is this: If a man's faith is sincere, then it is the most important thing about him. It is impossible for us to understand how Barack Obama will lead without first understanding the religious vision that informs his life.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I am actually supporting someone who is less prone to profess his faith as a Christian.

Irony of my own.

I never hear McCain talk much about religion on the other hand I hear Hussein Obama talk about it a lot.

I thought liberals were afraid of religious people? Maybe Obama winks at them when he speaks of his faith in Jesus Christ.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 09:15:16 PM »
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
"But on Monday two reports surfaced suggesting that a softening of Obama's stance may already be taking place. Earlier in the day, Politico's Ben Smith wrote that PowerPAC, a 501c4 that was initiating voter registration efforts primarily in the South and West, was planning to spend $10 million during the election. In the afternoon, FireDogLake's Jane Hamsher reported that "a source close to the Obama campaign," acknowledged their position on independent expenditures was changing.

"Despite actively discouraging donors from giving to groups like Progressive Media at one point, they are now taking the position that it's nothing they have any control over," Hamsher wrote.

What effect contributions such outside groups could have on the election at this point remains to be seen. Anything organic would likely take weeks if not months to organize and finance. As such, advertising efforts from 527s likely aren't in the works due to budgetary restrictions. But grassroots efforts, especially if overseen by already established organizations like SEIU or ACORN, could yield important results." 

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/11/source-obama-to-start-loo_n_118240.html

Translation... Where are my swiftboaters?

crocat

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 10:27:05 PM »
wow, that is a tough call for you, Plane....  a God fearing Liberal over a closed mouth Conservative.

The truth is ... many of those blue states actually wore grey.... and they didn't fight for freeing the black man.  I would suspect that when push comes to shove, it will have an impact on Obama's votes.  The second thought to ponder is that many of the states like Michigan have race problems and it may pull out votes that he will not be happy with.

cro

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 01:06:09 AM »
There are good reasons that the founders made it unconstituional to have a religious test for office.

There are also good reasons that Voters do test them just this way, the law cannot match the sense of the people in reguards who is a phony and who isn't .

Still phonys do make it all the way to the top now and then .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 01:15:19 AM »
<<I never hear McCain talk much about religion . . . >>

That would be hilarious coming from a guy who ditched his first wife after she waited for him for six years while he was in jail for war crimes.  (OK, I just liked the sound of that last part of the sentence - - he wasn't technically in jail for war crimes, but he shoulda bin.)  Still, the guy trashes his marriage vows, ditches the wife who faithfully waited for him, betrayed his country and ran errands for the criminal Charles Keating while supposedly serving the people of Arizona and the U.S.A. - - and HE'S gonna talk about religion??  What religion would that be?  the worship of Baal?

<< . . . on the other hand I hear Hussein Obama talk about it a lot. >>

Well, he HAS to - - those bitter people clinging to guns and religion still vote, don't they?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 10:54:36 PM »
The survey shows that the much debated "God gap" between Republicans and Democrats among Christian voters as a whole may not be nearly as dramatic as it appeared in 2004. Indeed, among those who self-identify as "evangelical" but who don't fit the Barna group's criteria, McCain holds only a 39 to 37 lead over Obama, with nearly 1 in 4 voters saying they are still undecided.

Among most other Christian groups, the Democratic candidate continues to enjoy a comfortable lead. Obama has a huge advantage among non-Christians, atheists, and agnostics, but he also leads among nonevangelical, born-again Christians (43 to 31), Christians who are neither born-again nor evangelical (44 to 28), Catholics (39 to 29), and Protestants (43 to 34). "If the current preferences stand pat," says Barna, "this would mark the first time in more than two decades that the born-again vote has swung toward the Democratic candidate."

Experts aren't sure exactly what is causing this shift

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20080813/ts_usnews/manyreligiousvotersfavorobamapollfinds