Author Topic: The Obamunists  (Read 1346 times)

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Obamunists
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:47:44 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDSuZl0Onas[/youtube]
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: The Obamunists
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 12:25:09 AM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:31:21 AM »
It's like .... you know ... so deep....

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:07:34 AM »
I tracked this back to You-Tube and checked out the comments.  Some viewers congratulated the producers of the video for a great satire on Obama supporters.  Other viewers blasted "Samantha" and "Michael" as liberal morons -- they took the video literally at face value.

Personally, I just assumed it was produced by conservatives to satirize Obama's supporters, but I wondered - - since the You-Tube viewers themselves didn't seem to have reached any consensus -- is there any way to tell who really produced the video?  I know, for example, the Paris Hilton "campaign commercial" was produced by individuals who could be traced back to the Al Gore Presidential campaign of 2000. 

Regardless, my reaction is - - if produced by conservatives satirizing "Obamabots" - - well done, guys, and funny, even if not very original.  If produced by kids who really ARE for Obama - - I love you guys.  You may not be the brightest bulbs in the marquee, but your hearts are in the right places and I hope you'll always have the strength to be yourselves and say what's in your hearts.  You've as much right to your opinions and your mode of expressing them as anyone else.  Let every voice be heard.  However, I also thought plane's comment on them was very funny.

As for the Ace of Spades "race card" - - that's neither funny nor clever, but it's just a small part of the tidal wave of race-baiting that the Republican side is now launching.  Hopefully it will backfire on them.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 01:16:44 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDSuZl0Onas[/youtube]

Not old enough to vote yet.

Could be a couple of conservative kids pretending to be liberal,

Could be gay, and suffer from Obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Religious Dick

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »

Regardless, my reaction is - - if produced by conservatives satirizing "Obamabots" - - well done, guys, and funny, even if not very original.  If produced by kids who really ARE for Obama - - I love you guys.  You may not be the brightest bulbs in the marquee, but your hearts are in the right places and I hope you'll always have the strength to be yourselves and say what's in your hearts. 

If you can't tell the difference, what does that tell you?

Actually, you could have clicked on the name of the submitter for a list of their other videos. The "Gay Serial Killer" one is hilarious...
-Sir Edmund Burke

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »
Thanks, I'll check it out when I've got a minute.  Have you yourself formed an opinion on where these guys are coming from, left or right?

Religious Dick

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 10:38:08 AM »
Thanks, I'll check it out when I've got a minute.  Have you yourself formed an opinion on where these guys are coming from, left or right?

Judging from their other material, I'm thinking they're apolitical. They just know point-and-laugh material when they see it.
-Sir Edmund Burke