Author Topic: But...but....he's such a good teacher  (Read 3783 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: But...but....he's such a good teacher
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 12:09:08 AM »
He gave a very courageous speech in which unlike all the other chickenshit Democrats who rushed to support the war, he came out firmly against it and predicted it would come to no good end.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 12:14:08 AM »
Well, so much for that prediction.  He can always fall back to teaching.  I hear he's a good lecturer
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 12:20:57 AM »
He gave a very courageous speech in which unlike all the other chickenshit Democrats who rushed to support the war, he came out firmly against it and predicted it would come to no good end.

and where was this courage when he was given the opportunity to vote against continuing funding for the war?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 12:27:46 AM »
The Fed and its President IS mandated to protect this country.  It has no such mandate on DNA studies

Then:

And again, goes to priorities.  Had we not gone in, we could replace the 2 young women, with a multitude of other horrors thousands of other women would have likely had to endure, under Saddam's regime & his sons...READ: THAT's NOT WHY WE WENT IN, only pointing out the distinct likelyhood of 1 scenario over another, had we not

So where, precisely, are we mandated to invade another country, ovethrow its leader, and establish a government more to our liking?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 12:33:26 AM »
<<Well, so much for that prediction.  He can always fall back to teaching.>>

'fraid the jury's out on that one so far.  I notice no troops being pulled back from this glorious victory.  Don't see 'em coming home any time soon.  Despite all the joyful claims that "the surge is working," nobody's coming home.  I guess everyone's forgotten "the light at the end of the tunnel," "Mission Accomplished," etc.  The biggest thing Bush and his gang of criminals have going for them is the total fucking stupidity of the electorate, willing to be fooled again and again and again with false claims of "victory" to paper over an ever-growing disaster until NOTHING can paper it over any longer.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 12:59:33 AM »
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080821/D92MPQ480.html

Usual smoke and mirrors.  Troops to withdraw if milestones met.  What are those milestones?  Oh, well, we haven't figured those out yet.  But we're workin on it.  Trust us.  What's the likelihood of any of those milestones' being met?  Oh, excellent, excellent.  But you don't even know now what those milestones are!!  Yes, excellent.  Excellent!!

What does this remind us of?  Viet Nam Eye Zayshun.  Vietnamization.  America will pull out because "South Viet Nam" can stand on its own two feet now.  Victory, er, uh, Peace With Honour.  Good-bye, loyal puppets.  Good-bye, puppet army.  Good-bye puppet President!  Hey!  Who are those guys pouring in from all directions with loaded weapons?  Where THEY bin hiding?  Fuck if I know.  Hey!  Slope!  Get the fuck off my helicopter.  Don't bother taping this one, network news - - we've seen it all before.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 01:14:25 AM »
If that is the case, then the colonization of Iraq is complete.

But you don't believe that.

And neither do I.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 01:18:31 AM »
If that is the case, then the colonization of Iraq is complete.

But you don't believe that.

And neither do I.
=======================================

My point was only that Obama was correct in his prediction that nothing good would come of the war.    So far, nothing good has.  Even victory (which in reality would be nothing more than the criminals successfully getting away with their brutal and deliberately planned crimes) has not come and looks as elusive as ever.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 01:29:57 AM »
So far, nothing good has.

Again you are inaccurate.

Saddam is gone.

Sanctions are lifted.

Kurdistan is booming.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 01:31:51 AM »
So far, nothing good has.

Again you are inaccurate.

Saddam is gone.

Sanctions are lifted.

Kurdistan is booming.

I think the boom in Kurdistan has been very helpfull, it leaves the other regions people saying why can't we do that?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 01:35:11 AM »
Saddam is gone.

Sanctions are lifted.

Kurdistan is booming.

=========================================
Kurdistan's the only bright spot. 

The killing is a thousand times worse since Saddam's gone, and the torture is probably about the same; and with Saddam's fall, the Iraqis lost what will turn out to be anywhere from 50% to 90% of their own oil revenues.

The sanctions wouldn't have lasted, and anyway as the years wore on, the Iraqis would have learned how to circumvent the sanctions as they were already doing. 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 01:47:47 AM »
the Iraqis would have learned how to circumvent the sanctions as they were already doing. 

Ummm did Knute write that sentence for you?

How can the Iraqi's learn to circumvent the sanctions if they had already learned to circumvent the sanctions? Would it be like Ground Hog Day and they would have to relearn circumvention on a daily basis?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 01:51:01 AM »
Saddam is gone.

Sanctions are lifted.

Kurdistan is booming.

=========================================
Kurdistan's the only bright spot. 

The killing is a thousand times worse since Saddam's gone, and the torture is probably about the same; and with Saddam's fall, the Iraqis lost what will turn out to be anywhere from 50% to 90% of their own oil revenues.

The sanctions wouldn't have lasted, and anyway as the years wore on, the Iraqis would have learned how to circumvent the sanctions as they were already doing. 

Last I heard Iraq was produceing more Oil than ever before ,during an uptick in prices, and an elected Legislature was attempting to allocate the resulting surplus of funds.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 02:11:22 AM »
<<Last I heard Iraq was produceing more Oil than ever before . .  . >>

Sure but they're not gonna keep much of the revenue from sales; only between 50 to 90 per cent.  They've been robbed.

<< . . .during an uptick in prices>>

Completely irrelevant.

<< and an elected Legislature . . . >>

Elected my ass.  No Ba'ath Party candidates were allowed to run and most of the Sunnis boycotted the election.  The whole system of "elections" was a foreign concept forced down their throats by violence.

<< . . . attempting to allocate the resulting surplus of funds.>>

And still attempting to do so.  Under Saddam, they not only kept all their own revenues, the allocated them, a simple action which the present government seems to be unable to accomplish.