Author Topic: The Choice Was Never Clearer  (Read 3037 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Choice Was Never Clearer
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:13:02 PM »
Tomorrow you can vote for or against the Bush administration.  In reality that's what it  boils down to.

You can vote for an incumbent who:

1.  launched a war of aggression against a country that did not attack first and posed no real threat of ever doing so;

2.  is responsible personally for the deaths of 600,000 Iraqis, 3,000 Americans (more than were killed in the Sept. 11 attacks) and the wounding of abut 15,000 more Americans and an uncounted number of Iraqis.  The scale of human suffering caused by this one man and his corrupt administration is literally unimaginable.

3.  lied and lied repeatedly and shamelessly in his justification for this war, in the "progress" that was supposedly being made in this war, and as to the motivations of any and all Americans who opposed this war.

4.  brought the U.S.A. to its lowest point ever in public esteem in every corner of the globe, both as to its moral stature (it has become synonymous in the eyes of the world with torture and assassination, kidnappings, midnight knocks at the door, rape and murder) and even as to its military clout (North Korea, Iran and even Venezuela have  openly mocked the U.S.A., basically telling the whole country to go fuck itself.)

5.  abandoned the City of New Orleans to its fate, played golf and air guitar on vacation down on the ranch while American citizens, the elderly and the black, were literally drowning in shit.

I could go on about the record deficits, the attenuation of the armed forces, the failures to capture Osama bin Laden or to pacify Afghanistan, but to tell you the truth, those are minor failings - - the major failure of this administration is an abysmal moral failure - - they have lied, they have tortured, they have - - there is no better word for this - - they have murdered.  Hundreds of thousands of our fellow human beings have died at their hands.  Atrociously.  Bombed.  Burned alive.  Torn apart, mothers in front of their children, children in front of their mothers.

This is not the time to ask, "What would the Democrats have done differently?"  The fact is, nobody knows what the Democrats would have done differently or IF they would have done differently.  A point has been reached - - long ago - - when a moral imperative demands that any person with even a shred of human decency left in him or her will say, Enough!  We cannot and will not be a party to this any longer.  The stench of this moral decay is just too much for us to bear. 

You can't hide any more behind the empty speculation of how bad the Democrats will be or would have been or might become.  A stinking leprous rot has settled in on your institutions of government and it has to be cleaned out.  Now. Sometime in the next 24 hours.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: The Choice Was Never Clearer
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:47:04 PM »
Here's a clue.

Bush isn't running in '06.

Representatives for local districts are running.

Senators from states are running.

Governors for states are running.

But Bush isn't.

And each of these candidates must stand on their own merits. They must convince the voters of their various jurisdictions that they can best represent them in deliberative bodies.

And laws they pass now will be in effect long after Bush is hawking his memoirs.

That is what it is about.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:13:41 AM »
well
I was looking for an openning to say this I`m not running.
I know I was saying a few months ago I was running for supervisor.
but damn it all
every single issue I was gonna use for a running platform in the city got solved??????
I`m not sad,I`m quite happy about this too
this town is actually healing on it`s own
I stilll think theirs too many poopy heads in charge though.
lets hope this city keeps behaiving.
or I`ll get riled up again.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:16:26 AM »
"Tomorrow you can vote for or against the Bush administration.  In reality that's what it  boils down to.
"

No it is not that clear to me .

My Republican choice is just OK

My Democratic Choice is about the rightmost of the whole Dem heard.

He used to have a picture of himself and President Bush on his website.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 01:21:28 AM »
This is a now-or-never chance to send a message to Americans and to the world that Bush and his miserable, pathetic, lying crew of losers and failures are NOT what America stands for.  That America really is better than that.

And if you miss that chance through some kind of short-sighted nit-picking about what the election should "really" be about, some niggling little piss-ant concerns that in the long run are about as memorable and as significant as farts in a blizzard, then you will have blown a tremendous opportunity.  This is one of those times when you need to look at the big picture.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 01:29:42 AM »
This is a now-or-never chance to send a message to Americans and to the world that Bush and his miserable, pathetic, lying crew of losers and failures are NOT what America stands for.  That America really is better than that.

That would be a symbolic gesture.

The election is more important than that.

The decisions should be based on substance.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 01:50:24 AM »
<<That would be a symbolic gesture.

<<The election is more important than that.

<<The decisions should be based on substance. >>

Those symbols will determine the course of your nation.

I wish all of you the best, no matter how you ultimately choose to cast your votes.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 02:42:07 AM »
A careful examination of the candidates and their platforms will better serve this nation.

A temper tantrum,  as you advocate,  similar to that of a three year old,  will not.

The_Professor

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 09:56:11 AM »
"My Republican choice is just OK

My Democratic Choice is about the rightmost of the whole Dem heard.

He used to have a picture of himself and President Bush on his website."

A Republican colleague of mine is perturbed at me! Jokingly called me a traitorous dog the other day! hehehehe

I have a "Sonny" sign as well as a Jim Marshall" sign in my yard!

Going to vote this afternoon and see "The Santa Claus 3" tonight. One event where I hold a grimace on my face, the other when I stuff my face with all that nutritious movie food. Hmm, wonder which one will be more fun?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 10:02:15 AM »
Insert Quote
A careful examination of the candidates and their platforms will better serve this nation.

==============================================================
So you actually think that candidates are likely to do what they promised in their PLATFORMS?

Wannabe Gov. Charlie Crist claims that he has a plan to do something about (he never said 'lower') our homeowners' insurance rates. But he won't say what it is or when his clever plan will take effect.

After eight years of misrule by Jebbiebush, Juniorbush's smarter brother, our educational statndards are about 47th out of 50 in a fairly prosperous state. What does Crist favor? More of Jebbie's silly FCAT tests.

Despite his name,Crist isn't Jesus' bro.

He has taken at least $3 million from the insurance companies, almost certainly a lot more.

So I am going to vote for this Ted Baxter lookalike jerk?

No effing way.

Not voting for Katherine Harris, either.

The GOP has screwed this country royally. They deserve to be kicked hard, in the balls, laid low and writhing in pain,so as to cause the very few honest members to take charge of their warmongering, bungling, thieving stinking rotten party. The GOP has rotted from the head, and at least we can take out the gills so the head will rot and fall off.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 10:34:28 AM »
So you actually think that candidates are likely to do what they promised in their PLATFORMS?

It is easier to hold a represenative accountable for what they did say versus holding them accountable for what they didn't.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

And if you miss that chance through some kind of short-sighted nit-picking about what the election should "really" be about, some niggling little piss-ant concerns that in the long run are about as memorable and as significant as farts in a blizzard, then you will have blown a tremendous opportunity.  This is one of those times when you need to look at the big picture.

Easy for you to say , you are in Canada.

For us the Congressman is a local guy , the last resort to go to when we are bound up in red tape or injustice , we very severely need these guys to be responsive to us on a local level.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »

<<For us the Congressman is a local guy , the last resort to go to when we are bound up in red tape or injustice , we very severely need these guys to be responsive to us on a local level.>>

I'm not quarreling with that, but these are extraordinary times.