Author Topic: Canada is a Racist Nation  (Read 9186 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Canada is a Racist Nation
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 02:06:05 PM »
They gotta sacrifice a few white workers to nail a whole buncha blacks.  The whites they sacrificed are non-persons, untermenschen, so-called "white trash."  At least, in their eyes.  They really don't give a shit about poor whites, but they just HATE blacks.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 02:08:57 PM »
They gotta sacrifice a few white workers to nail a whole buncha blacks.  The whites they sacrificed are non-persons, untermenschen, so-called "white trash."  At least, in their eyes.  They really don't give a shit about poor whites, but they just HATE blacks.

I don't know that I agree with that. I think it has a lot more to do with class than race.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 02:54:58 PM »
to a point it`s kinda true
but come to think about it I take back any claim on hatred in racism.
distain(spelling) maybe
I think the wrong words are used in this matter and it hasn`t help make things better.
the thing is no one has a monopoly of being downtrodden.
and it undermines peoples spotlight.
I think I stated how hard it is for me to feel sorry of other people`s hardship,when they seem to be more privilege than me.
and the ironic part is I thought I did very well.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 03:30:58 PM »
<<I don't know that I agree with that. I think it has a lot more to do with class than race.>>

You have a point.  Racism got a lot of blacks into the underclass, but once they're in it, they're the victims of class warfare to a bigger extent than race warfare.  The ruling class may not be as racist as the white underclass, but I somehow can't see them being overjoyed if a black man were to be about to marry into their family.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »
I don't know that I agree with that. I think it has a lot more to do with class than race.

I don't think the minimum wage issue is racist or classist. It affects all races and all classes.

So once again mikey shoots from the hip, and misses.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »
<<I don't think the minimum wage issue is racist or classist. It affects all races and all classes. >>

Yeah?  It affects Bill and Melissa too?  And Oprah?  And Denise Rich?  And Michael Dell?  And Trump?  Geeze, no wonder Congress finally caved in on it.  Couldn't stand up to the combined clout of all those billionaires, eh?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2008, 04:45:54 PM »
It affects Bill and Melissa too

Sure it would, if they applied for a minimum wage job.

Oprah is black, by default it affects her. Is that not your position?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 05:18:19 PM »
<<Sure it would, if they applied for a minimum wage job.

<<Oprah is black, by default it affects her. Is that not your position?>>

My position is that there has to be something seriously wrong with anyone who thinks that a minimum wage affects all classes and races equally.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2008, 05:32:58 PM »
<<He meant that the Voting Rights Act was not what opened up the two party system in the South.>>

No, I thought he meant that LBJ was wrong in predicting the loss of the South for a generation.  But plane himself could easily clear up what he meant.

<<Observe that when the GOP had majority control neither the civil rights nor the voting rights acts were repealed.>>

Yes, and why didn't the white Southern racists who fled the Democratic Party in reaction to the Civil Rights legislation and were then captured by the Southern Strategy, walk out on the Republicans?

Some of them did, into fringe Third Party movements.  But why did racists like Thad Cochran, Jesse Helms and Trent Lott stay with the GOP?  Probably because they were realists who knew they had no place to go.  Under the old system of Jim Crow, the country was becoming ungovernable, with riots in the streets, Freedom Riders being killed and crippled at the hands of white racist Southerners, people demanding freedom and equality being attacked with dogs and firehoses in the streets of American cities for the whole world to see, student strikes and a huge international black eye that the country could no longer afford.  So the Republican Party, if it meant to remain a national party, could no longer associate itself with the old brand of Southern racism, at least not publicly.  A whole new language of codes had to be developed if the GOP could maintain even a subliminal connection to the White South.  For realists like Cochran, Helms and Lott, it was a no-brainer:  how many times can a man switch parties and retain credibility?  Where else was there to go?  And, finally, better to stick with a party that still works under the table for white racist ideals than return to one which has fully embraced the concept of black-white equality.

Fantastic!

I wish you could see your post through my eyes, it is a wonderfully convoluted conspiricy that is supposed to have been cobbled up by the same people that composed the Civil rights bill and at the same time.

Some people with a history of racism did cross partys  , but as you shout "Ah HA!" be aware that more such people did not .

Republi9cans had exactly the same reason to dump on racists as the Democrats did , they were not only odius they were shrinking , it isn't necessacery to ask where did they all go , most of them stayed in place untill they retired or died , see Senator Byrd whose Konnections to racism are certainly clear , he simply quit being an outward racist , then quit being a racist altogether , why not ? there is no future in it .

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »
My position is that there has to be something seriously wrong with anyone who thinks that a minimum wage affects all classes and races equally.

Then perhaps you can explain to me how it doesn't.

Instead of just calling me a dumbass because i don't agree with you.

They don't have separate minimum wage rates based on race. If they do, show me the friggin law.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »
<<Then perhaps you can explain to me how it doesn't.

<<Instead of just calling me a dumbass because i don't agree with you.>>

Sorry.  That was dumb.

<<They don't have separate minimum wage rates based on race. If they do, show me the friggin law.>>

My comment referred to your contention that minimum wage affects all classes equally.  Of course it doesn't.  A migrant worker family is not in the same class as the Kennedys.  One is likely to be working for minimum wage, the other not.  Raising the minimum wage would directly affect the migrant worker family, not the famous Kennedy family.

Because of systemic racism in America, a black man is a lot more likely than a white man to be employed on the lowest rungs of the payscale ladder, therefore minimum wage amendments are much more likely to affect blacks than whites.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 08:52:16 PM »
Minimum wage is minimum wage.

White guy gets paid the same minimum wage as the black guy.

Rich guy gets paid the same minimum wage as the poor guy, if that is what the job pays. .

Your contention was the GOP passed laws pandering to the racist crowd.

When called on it you say the minimum wage laws are an example.

But you can't prove to me that the wage or the law itself is discriminatory.

That's like saying medicaid is racist and classist because it caters to those without means.

Actually medicaid is classist, because those with means don't qualify. But it isn't racist.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »
ouch
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »
<<White guy gets paid the same minimum wage as the black guy. >>

Gee, that's some insight there, BT.  Now if you could just please take your head out of your ass for thirty seconds and look around at the REAL WORLD (I know this sounds crazy,  but trust me, BT, there IS such a thing as the real world) you can tell me how many rich guys you find working for minimum wage.

The vast majority of people working for minimum wage are members of the underclass, very few if any are members of the ruling class.  So a failure to raise minimum wage impacts the underclass.  This isn't rocket science, BT.   I really should not be having this conversation with you.  It wastes my time, and I don't believe you're stupid enough to post the stuff you do.  I know sirs believes that every word of it is a home run, but I'm pretty sure you know better.  I get the feeling it's more to irritate me and force me to explain basic stuff like shit runs downhill and insulation keeps out the cold and no politician trades in his wife for an older model and a big downtown hotel dining room will charge more for the same basic meal than a corner diner.  In a nutshell, you're jerking me around.

That's all I'm prepared to invest in this thread.  Have a good night.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »
Perhaps you should just quit making spurious statements that you can't back up.

Your statement was that the minimum wage rate was a  result of racist pandering.

Then when asked what the minimum wage  rate was for a white guy and what the rate was for a black guy you drew a blank.

Well, what is the minimum wage rate for a rich guy and what is the minimum wage rate for a poor guy?

Rich guys might not apply for a minimum wage job, but they are free to do so and if they did would their rate be different?

The same aren't they? So the wage law is neither racist nor classist, contrary to your real world statement and beliefs.