Author Topic: Obama is our next president  (Read 2131 times)

Cynthia

Obama is our next president
« on: August 29, 2008, 12:02:48 AM »
Wait and see.

When have we ever seen such a public figure the likes of Obama?

And by the way, I am not even saying this because he's an African American.

He's more like the Mr. Smith goes to Washington.

HE is promise and he is surrounded by many people who are tired of hate and greed.

I applaud Barrack.

Biden has always been a grand choice when it comes to knowledge and intelligence.

I just can't see any better choice for election day 08.

Glory --the likes of which we have not seen since JFK or Abe Lincoln himself. Would have loved to have been a part of that Scarlet O'Hara era.;)

The spirit of this country is evident in Obama.

He offers hope, intelligence, and change.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama is our next president
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:05:50 AM »
It is possible , but what did he say that isn't found in Democratic platforms of the past?

I think that on the veery showmanship I am right now watching he could win , while all of his glazed eyed followers pretend that the ideas and the snake oil are somehow new when said in such a ringing voice.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:08:46 AM »
snake oil are somehow new when said in such a ringing voice.

======================

What is your problem?
He said EXACTLY what he wants to do. Anyone with a brain knows that a president cannot do everything by himself.

You want snake oil, the Republicans have the snake oil, as well as the oil their biggest supporters will try to keep us addicted to.

Supply side economics. Trckle down theory.  I am a uniter, not a divider. They hate us for our freedoms.  A smoking gun that becomes a mushroom crowd.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:11:12 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:11:47 AM »
It is possible , but what did he say that isn't found in Democratic platforms of the past?

I think that on the veery showmanship I am right now watching he could win , while all of his glazed eyed followers pretend that the ideas and the snake oil are somehow new when said in such a ringing voice.

Funny, Plane...you are living in a world beyond the world of education. You have no idea what you are talking about. But, that's YOU. ;)

So, in the meantime, I wait to see what this brilliant man will do to accomplish change in this nation which has been raped by Bush.

Screwed over, is more like it.

Obama is a caring and balanced leader who will, in the end, at least do his best to improve the status quo of waste....our kids have had nothing but waste for four+years.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:13:18 AM by Cindy »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:13:11 AM »

======================

What is your problem?
He said EXACTLY what he wants to do. Anyone with a brain knows that a president cannot do everything by himself.

You want snake oil,

He spoke in a ringing voice!

The same old same old that the Clintons and Carter loved.

Might as well be McGovern

So what did you hear that was not available from candidate Ducacus?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:14:45 AM »

Funny, Plane...you are living in a world beyond the world of education. You have no idea what you are talking about. But, that's YOU. ;)

So, in the meantime, I wait to see what this brilliant man will do to accomplish change in this nation which has been raped by Bush.

Obama is a caring and balanced leader who will, in the end, at least do his best to improve the status quo of waste....our kids have had nothing but waste for four+years.

Perhaps you will like the change , perhaps you won't , since you do not knoiw what the change will be , right now you are accepting a placebo.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 12:15:55 AM »

======================

What is your problem?

You want snake oil, the Republicans have the snake oil, as well as the oil their biggest supporters will try to keep us addicted to.

Supply side economics. Trckle down theory.  I am a uniter, not a divider. They hate us for our freedoms.  A smoking gun that becomes a mushroom crowd.

I asked what you heard that was new.

I see you at a loss .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 12:16:34 AM »
I don't recall that Dukakis (Jeez! will you EVER learn how to spell?) promised to extract troops from an unecessary war or to catch Bin Laden. There is something wrong with your hearing if you can't tell the difference.

Damn near everything he said was different. Why don't you start off by mentioning anythiong that was the same.

I imagine that if you can't remember how to spell Dukakis, you don't remember a single thing he said, either.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:18:49 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:18:01 AM »

Perhaps you will like the change , perhaps you won't , since you do not knoiw what the change will be , right now you are accepting a placebo.

???

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 12:24:31 AM »

???

You do not know what a Placebo is?

Placebo is a substance or procedure a patient accepts as medicine or therapy, but which has no specific therapeutic activity. Any therapeutic effect is thought to be based on the power of suggestion.

You are at a loss to explain where any of his statements or promises are new , but you accept it as a new direction and a change when he plainly is promiseing to return to the vector of the Traditional Democratic platform and is as reactionary as he could be.

He didn't promise anything tonight that Mondale would not have, but he did it in a loud voice and said it was new.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 12:29:15 AM »
I don't recall that Dukakis (Jeez! will you EVER learn how to spell?) promised to extract troops from an unecessary war or to catch Bin Laden. There is something wrong with your hearing if you can't tell the difference.

Damn near everything he said was different. Why don't you start off by mentioning anythiong that was the same.

I imagine that if you can't remember how to spell Dukakis, you don't remember a single thing he said, either.

Hahahahaha!

Nixon didn't promise to catch Bin Laden either , of course Bin Laden was not a problem yet.

So you spotted that he promised to invade Packistan and also to sponsor less war?

You didn't notice this is a contradiction?

Lets make a bet , foreigners show BHO less respect than they showed Jimmy Carter, who had a remarkably simular foreighn policy.

I couldn't spot anything in his ideas that was not an old Democratic chestnut foreighn policy included.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:15 AM »

Perhaps you should look up the spelling of "unecessary" and "anythiong" before you chide others for their spelling errors.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 12:42:02 AM »

Perhaps you should look up the spelling of "unecessary" and "anythiong" before you chide others for their spelling errors.

Shhhh...

I am working on his mind
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:43:36 AM by Plane »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 01:02:27 AM »
Wait and see.

When have we ever seen such a public figure the likes of Obama?

And by the way, I am not even saying this because he's an African American.

He's more like the Mr. Smith goes to Washington.

HE is promise and he is surrounded by many people who are tired of hate and greed.

I applaud Barrack.

Biden has always been a grand choice when it comes to knowledge and intelligence.

I just can't see any better choice for election day 08.

Glory --the likes of which we have not seen since JFK or Abe Lincoln himself. Would have loved to have been a part of that Scarlet O'Hara era.;)

The spirit of this country is evident in Obama.

He offers hope, intelligence, and change.

Something tells me you voted for Carter too.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 01:07:53 AM »
Wait and see.

Something tells me you voted for Carter too.

I am not sure she is that old , she would have heard a lot of familiar if she remembered Carter.

What gets me is the willingness to wait and see.

Shouldn't we be more demanding?

Can't we demand to know what he means to do?

Or does it suffice to say "Change" and then "Wait and see"