Author Topic: Jesus Faith & Serving the Poor  (Read 1759 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Jesus Faith & Serving the Poor
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 12:28:32 PM »
Neatly done!

The take of Reverend Wright on the repudiation statements was that BHO was a politician saying what a politician must say .

This may be the most accurate, and most dmning take on the situation.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »
<<The take of Reverend Wright on the repudiation statements was that BHO was a politician saying what a politician must say .>>

Oh.  I get it.  Kinda like McCain voting for Presidential torture powers after denouncing torture.  Or chasing after fundamentalist preachers after denouncing them as agents of intolerance..

Gee, this is terribly shocking to me.  Do politicians really say what they have to say to get elected?  How can they LIVE with themselves after?  Isn't it all just too horrible to contemplate?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »
<<The take of Reverend Wright on the repudiation statements was that BHO was a politician saying what a politician must say .>>

Oh.  I get it.  Kinda like McCain voting for Presidential torture powers after denouncing torture.  Or chasing after fundamentalist preachers after denouncing them as agents of intolerance..

Gee, this is terribly shocking to me.  Do politicians really say what they have to say to get elected?  How can they LIVE with themselves after?  Isn't it all just too horrible to contemplate?

No you don't get it because Obama, Wright & YOU are three people that agree with each other and that is WHY OBAMA WILL LOSE THE ELECTION. YOU AND OBAMA SOUND LIKE BROTHERS. I expect you to hate America you are a pustule living in Canada but Obama lives in the greatest nation on earth and got to where he got because we are a generous loving nation of wonderful citizens - - therefore he has little reason to hate us and attend a church of hate.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »
<<No you don't get it because Obama, Wright & YOU are three people that agree with each other>>

Nope, I agree with Wright more than with Obama.

<< . . .  and that is WHY OBAMA WILL LOSE THE ELECTION.>>

Nah, he'll lose to racism if he loses.

<<YOU AND OBAMA SOUND LIKE BROTHERS.>>

I'd be happy to have him in the family.

<<I expect you to hate America you are a pustule living in Canada >>

Well, I'm not a pustule and I don't hate America, but I do live in Canada, so to look on the bright side of things, you were not 100% wrong.

<< . . . but Obama lives in the greatest nation on earth >>

Haw haw haw, never thought you had a sense of humour, Kramer

<<and got to where he got because we are a generous loving nation of wonderful citizens >>

I thought he got there because he is one smart guy with more brainpower than all the other candidates combined

<<- - therefore he has little reason to hate us >>

He doesn't.  Even his black ancestors had not been enslaved and oppressed by Americans.

<< . . . and attend a church of hate.>>

I prefer to call it a church of truth-telling and righteous indignation.  That's exactly what it is, but some Americans can't stand the truth and prefer not to face the righteous indignation because then they actually might have to ask what they are so indignant about and actually have to listen to the answer.  Hey it's not my problem, because I am not (thank God) an American, so if it makes you feel any better, go stick your head in the sand for another hundred years.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »
  You can't actually expect Americans to vote for a leader that hates America can you?

I think that if asked BHO would defend his patriotism , if his patriotism isn't genuine then he need not be the leader of the nation because we want a leader that loves us.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 10:27:21 PM »
<<You can't actually expect Americans to vote for a leader that hates America can you?>>

Yeah, I do.  If America is sinful and weak, sunk in evil ways and doing evil across the globe, a follower will go with the flow and tell America how wonderful they all are.  That they are the greatest country in the world.  (I hear that a lot here.)  A LEADER is not going to take that path - - he is going to tell America the truth - - they are on the wrong path; they are doing wrong; they are hurting other people, killing and torturing them, everything that God does NOT want them to do.  A leader would demand that they stop - - not tomorrow, not next year, but TODAY; stop, make amends, try to repair the harm they've done.

America needs prophets, not cheerleaders.  In this group, all cheerleaders, no prophets.  Probably typical of the whole fucking country.  That's why you're fucked.  That's why you'll always be fucked.  You turned your backs on God.  Not the God that says "Faggots burn in hell," but the God that says to love your neighbour as yourself, that whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren, that you have done to me, that if you dropped napalm or WP on little children, better for you to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around your neck than to face God on judgment day.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 10:38:13 PM »
<<You can't actually expect Americans to vote for a leader that hates America can you?>>

Yeah, I do.  If America is sinful and weak, sunk in evil ways and doing evil across the globe, a follower will go with the flow and tell America how wonderful they all are.  That they are the greatest country in the world.  (I hear that a lot here.)  A LEADER is not going to take that path - - he is going to tell America the truth - - they are on the wrong path; they are doing wrong; they are hurting other people, killing and torturing them, everything that God does NOT want them to do.  A leader would demand that they stop - - not tomorrow, not next year, but TODAY; stop, make amends, try to repair the harm they've done.

America needs prophets, not cheerleaders.  In this group, all cheerleaders, no prophets.  Probably typical of the whole fucking country.  That's why you're fucked.  That's why you'll always be fucked.  You turned your backs on God.  Not the God that says "Faggots burn in hell," but the God that says to love your neighbour as yourself, that whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren, that you have done to me, that if you dropped napalm or WP on little children, better for you to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around your neck than to face God on judgment day.

Is it fair for you to call on God without beleiving in him first?

The existance of God should cause us to pause and to consider our actions in light of his will , his nature being forgiveing but unwilling that evil should triumph.

But with no God , we have as much military power as all the rest of the world put together , in any conflict we choose we can win whether we are in the right or not , haveing less care about right and wrong would severely remove handicaps as we could act much more ruthlessly , killing off population entirely as we find convienient.

Heck we evenhave a wepon or two that wipes out population wholesale without damageing property or spoiling crops.

That there is a God and that we do care about his opinion seems to be slowing us down , would we be better off as Imperial athiests?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 12:12:38 AM »
<<Is it fair for you to call on God without beleiving in him first?>>

What are you, God's self-appointed gate-keeper?  Anybody can call on God, what do you think He's gonna say, "Oh I can't talk to YOU, you don't believe in me?"

<<The existance of God should cause us to pause and to consider our actions in light of his will , his nature being forgiveing but unwilling that evil should triumph.>>

Yeah, the Evil is YOU, plane - - you have killed more Iraqis than all the fucking Taliban in the world.  THAT'S what you ought to pause and consider.

<<But with no God , we have as much military power as all the rest of the world put together , in any conflict we choose we can win whether we are in the right or not , haveing less care about right and wrong would severely remove handicaps as we could act much more ruthlessly , killing off population entirely as we find convienient.>>

It's nice to pretend you are good guys because you haven't yet reached some imaginary level of violence even greater than any atrocities you have already committed but that's really a dead-end argument.  It's like Hitler arguing that he only killed 30 million Russians but if he didn't believe in God he would have killed 40 million.  Or Ted Bundy, he's innocent actually, because we're only looking at all the girls he killed, nobody is counting all the girls he didn't kill.

What you did is bad enough plane.  It's sickening.  Carnage on a level rarely before seen.  Hundreds of thousands of civilian dead.  For nothing.  Because MAYBE one day Saddam would come back and start another war killing another million?  It's pathetic that you have to fool yourself with that bullshit.  The Iran Iraq war went on for years, if America had any desire to stop it they had years to intervene on one side or the other to bring it to a speedy conclusion, through the UN or alone.

<<Heck we evenhave a wepon or two that wipes out population wholesale without damageing property or spoiling crops.>>

Just having developed it proves you are bad guys.

<<That there is a God and that we do care about his opinion seems to be slowing us down , would we be better off as Imperial athiests?>>

"Slowed you down" to "only" killing a few hundred thousand civilians, not millions.

You know what's funny is you can't even fool ME with this bullshit but you think it will fool God.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 12:25:34 AM »

You know what's funny is you can't even fool ME with this bullshit but you think it will fool God.

The God you would tell me to fear , but not beleive exists?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 12:45:48 AM »
<<The God you would tell me to fear , but not beleive exists?>>

You're focused on the wrong person, plane.  You tend to do that a lot.  What I believe about God doesn't mean jackshit. 

God exists, if at all, with or without my acknowledgement.  I don't know if "fear" is exactly the word I would use, but yeah, if He exists, if I were you, I would worry more about pleasing or displeasing Him than I would about Michael Tee's beliefs.  You're only responsible for yourself, and if the Big Guy is a little pissed off at you, pointing at me isn't gonna solve your problem.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 02:48:03 AM »
<<The God you would tell me to fear , but not beleive exists?>>

You're focused on the wrong person, plane.  You tend to do that a lot.  What I believe about God doesn't mean jackshit. 

God exists, if at all, with or without my acknowledgement.  I don't know if "fear" is exactly the word I would use, but yeah, if He exists, if I were you, I would worry more about pleasing or displeasing Him than I would about Michael Tee's beliefs.  You're only responsible for yourself, and if the Big Guy is a little pissed off at you, pointing at me isn't gonna solve your problem.

It removes force from  your argument that our problem is that we have turned our back on God , if you think that there is no God.

God himself has his own opinion which depends not on what you or I say , and does indeed deserve my respect.

But how can I hear it from you?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 08:16:47 PM »
<<It removes force from  your argument that our problem is that we have turned our back on God , if you think that there is no God.>>

Nope.  If there really is a God, then you turned your back on Him.  Whether I believe in Him or not.  You are really relying too much on me personally (as a non-believer) giving you a get-out-of-jail-free card.  I'm flattered but I just don't have that kind of influence.  If you really did turn your back on God, you'll never get away from the consequences by telling God, "Well, Michael Tee doesn't believe in You."

<<God himself has his own opinion which depends not on what you or I say , and does indeed deserve my respect.>>

Then you better act like it.

<<But how can I hear it from you?>>

LOL.  What's the difference, how?  You ARE hearing it from me.