Author Topic: OUCHIE! Noonan and Murphy not Sold on Palin  (Read 1349 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
OUCHIE! Noonan and Murphy not Sold on Palin
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/peggy-noonan-mike-murphy_n_123647.html

Wall Street Journal columnist and former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan and former John McCain adviser, Time columnist, and MSNBC contributor Mike Murphy were caught on tape disparaging John McCain's selection of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his Vice Presidential running mate.

"It's over," Noonan said.

When Chuck Todd asked her if this was the most qualified woman the Republicans could nominate, Noonan responded, "The most qualified? No. I think they went for this, excuse me, political bullshit about narratives. Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and that's not what they're good at, they blow it."

Murphy characterized the choices as "cynical" and "gimmicky."

Watch (the dialogue in question starts 38 seconds in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg&eurl=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/peggy-noonan-mike-murphy_n_123647.html

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: OUCHIE! Noonan and Murphy not Sold on Palin
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:22:03 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/peggy-noonan-mike-murphy_n_123647.html

Wall Street Journal columnist and former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan and former John McCain adviser, Time columnist, and MSNBC contributor Mike Murphy were caught on tape disparaging John McCain's selection of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his Vice Presidential running mate.

"It's over," Noonan said.

When Chuck Todd asked her if this was the most qualified woman the Republicans could nominate, Noonan responded, "The most qualified? No. I think they went for this, excuse me, political bullshit about narratives. Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and that's not what they're good at, they blow it."

Murphy characterized the choices as "cynical" and "gimmicky."

Watch (the dialogue in question starts 38 seconds in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg&eurl=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/peggy-noonan-mike-murphy_n_123647.html

oh my god it is all over. I'm so pissed off I won't be voting now.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 06:34:02 PM »
Well, I guess tonight the Republican flacks will really have to gear up the bullshit machine an extra few notches to make up for Sarah Palin.

Here's where Ami could really make a few bucks by reprogramming his insult generator to comment on McCain's and Palin's speeches tonight for the Republicans. 

Delete all the insults and replace with - - "hit it out of the park," "masterful," "speech of lifetime," "brought the entire convention to its feet," "five-minute, full-throated ovation" etc.  They're gonna need every one of them tonight just to stay in the race.  Palin is dragging them down like a lead albatross.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:17:41 PM »
LOL...the more I see the rabid left proclaiming how terrible a pick Palin was, the more impressed I am with the pick      8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:19:08 PM »
LOL...the more I see the rabid left proclaiming how terrible a pick Palin was, the more impressed I am with the pick      8)

Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy are the "rabid Left"?????? Since when????

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 08:19:56 PM »
how terrible a pick Palin was, the more impressed I am with the pick  
======================
You know what they say:

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but it is unwise to pick your friends' noses.

=============================
Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy are the "rabid Left" ??? ??? Since when? ???

Sirs is not always the sharpest tack in the deck... but you knew that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:21:45 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »

Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy are the "rabid Left"?????? Since when????

I don't recall Noonan or Murphy decrying the "dragging the GOP down like a lead albatross".  Only some exerpt in that they weren't happy with it.  I mean, I understand the tactic....try to find some conservatives, some Republicans that aren't happy with the pick, and spin that into how terrible the pick was supposed to be.  I need only look at the reactions of the hard core left however.  If they're jumping up and down saying X, I can pretty much bank on the reality of Y
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 08:29:51 PM »
<<If they're jumping up and down saying X, I can pretty much bank on the reality of Y>>

Yeah, but we KNOW that, so every so often we jump up and down and say X when we mean X.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
Never doubted when the left says X they mean X.  Simply that in this reality, it's ususally Y

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 10:41:47 PM »
<<If they're jumping up and down saying X, I can pretty much bank on the reality of Y>>

Yeah, but we KNOW that, so every so often we jump up and down and say X when we mean X.

Since we know this , and that much of the time the whole of it is hyperbole , we just reinterpret it as we wish.