Author Topic: Wait until this hits the fan.  (Read 4463 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Wait until this hits the fan.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »
Core conservatives are smitten with the 44-year-old governor, who opposes abortion in all cases, including rape and incest. And millions of dollars in donations have poured in.

You write this yourself or are you quoting someone?

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 08:41:03 PM »
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
If your belief is that a fetus is entitled to the same protections as anyone else, it's really the only principled position to take.

==========================================
But the catch is that a fetus is NOT a child, and is NOT "anyone else".

The woman has the absolute right to say what goes on in her own body until the moment of birth.

Everyone has the right to say what goes on in their own body.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:47:05 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 08:49:10 PM »
The woman has the absolute right to say what goes on in her own body until the moment of birth.  Everyone has the right to say what goes on in their own body.

And even then Obama doesn't support that child's right to live, if it failed an abortion attempt, is outside the body and everything.  I wonder why that's not getting any air time?  hmmmmmmmm
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
And even then Obama doesn't support that child's right to live, if it failed an abortion attempt, is outside the body and everything.  I wonder why that's not getting any air time?  hmmmmmmmm

=========================
Was that supposed to make any sense at all?
What does Obama have to do with this?

How?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 08:56:24 PM »
The US political contest is thus poised at a delicate and fascinating moment. It's like the key seconds in a judo bout, to see who gets the better hold and executes the throw. The liberal establishment will try to blitzkrieg Palin into oblivion by charging that she is an extremist, a nut and corrupt. If the liberal elites fail in this, they risk mainstream America seeing their attacks on Palin as attacking the American heartland. Democrats should know from bitter experience that that kind of polarisation leads directly to Democratic defeat.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24289419-7583,00.html

This domestic political story makes Palin the most successful governor in the US. Again, the double standard and hypocrisy of liberal commentators who demean all this is obvious. Did they demean Bill Clinton because he was the governor of the very small state of Arkansas? Hillary Clinton talks of her lifetime of political achievement. Much of that involves not even being governor of a small state, such as Clinton or Sarah Palin, but being the wife of a governor of a small state.

The Comments on this Austrailian site are pretty good.

andrew james of amsterdam 5:00pm today What has stunned me ever since McCain made the announcement of Sarah Palin as his running mate has been the general reaction from the media. If I hear one more time that she was a former beauty queen I will be sick. The sexism and hypocrisy have been overwhelming. I had the good fortune to see an interview with Carly Fiorina, rated by many as being one of the most successful business people in the US and an advisor to John McCain and, as she pointed out, the current darling of this year's US election is a man who has never, I repeat never, made an executive decision in his life. He has no record, has hardly ever been present in the Senate to actually vote on any legislation and ceaselessly spouts the word "change" without actually having outlined what that means and how he is going to actually break the grip of the cashed up lobbyists that have destroyed US politics. Don't get me wrong, I am a left-leaning liberal, but I like to see a fair fight. If the general media continue in the same vein then I would be truly concerned for the so-called "free" world.

Peter of Coburg 2:02pm today Me thinks you do protest to much. I've seen a lot of discusion about SARAH Palin in the media, but here in Australia the only hysterical responce has been that trying to defend her from attaks that have not (yet) been launched. Questions about her experiance are certainly relavent given McCain's health and attacks on Obama on that very issue. Interest in her daughter is understandable though tabloid, but very few, here, have drawn a conection through to how qualified that makes her for a USA VP. Of those few about half seem to have been of the "right". There is great interest in who she is since our image of the USA conservitive religous right normally has a female as submissive (if possible housebound)and unforgiving of (expossed) sexual misconduct. Obviously she does not fit this sterotype and how she differs is important to how she would do the job she has been nominated for.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 09:03:43 PM »
Why did you say this!
"...from an entirely different gene pool from your own."

===================
Because I sought to get you to imagine the very worst sort of rape pregnancy anyone could imagine.

Why did Olebush choose Willie Horton for his ad? Surely there were lots of White guys that could have been in that commercial.

Remember, I was discussing how Americans who thought this  no-abortions-under-any-circumstances position through might reacty to this extreme position.

Nearly all Americans believe that abortions should be permitted some of the time.
Incest and rape are the most common exceptions of all but the most fanatical fundies.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »
=========================
What does Obama have to do with this?  How?

That's how
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 10:36:54 PM »
Why did you say this!
"...from an entirely different gene pool from your own."

===================
Because I sought to get you to imagine the very worst sort of rape pregnancy anyone could imagine.

Oh , so you are not a racist , you are merely presumeing that I am a racist.

I appreaciate this distinction.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 11:24:38 PM »
Oh , so you are not a racist , you are merely presumeing that I am a racist.

I appreaciate this distinction.

=============================
I am presuming that most people whose daughter was raped would be even more bothered if the rapist was of a "race" different than their own. I was not addressing you specifically.

Perhaps as the song goes, "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you, don't you?"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 11:27:37 PM »
must be this code i keep hearing Mikey talk about. Different gene pool. eh?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:51 PM »
Different gene pool. eh?

It's not a code. Black people mostly resent having their daughters raped by White men more than by other Black men, and vice versa.

Most people prefer that their offspring look like themselves. There are al sorts of sociological studies on this.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 11:53:52 PM »
So different gene pool is no a racist statement? Certainly not code.

but states rights is?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 02:33:27 AM »
So different gene pool is no a racist statement? Certainly not code.

but states rights is?

===============================
"Different gene pool" is a statement regarding racist attitudes, such as those by which members of one race consider the forceable rape of one of their members more distasteful than the rape by a member of their same race.

I fail to see why this is so hard for you to comprehend. It is quite clear, really.

"States Rights?"

I fail to see how this has anything to do with this discussion, which is about the repulsion most Americans would have against the government forcing their raped 13-year old daughter to have a mentally defective child whose father was a deranged criminal rapist.

There was a time when "States Rights" meant the right of the Southern States to impose racial segregation and treat Black people as inferiors. States Righters also tended to veto anti-lynching laws.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 02:45:50 AM »
Rape is reprehensible no matter the gene pool of the victim or the attacker.

Threads evolve, the discussion has morphed into codes.

Has the term states rights also evolved or perhaps devolved.

Because most states rights issues today involve medical marijuana, assisted suicide and state control of education.