Author Topic: Oprah Refuses Sarah Palin  (Read 4121 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Oprah Refuses Sarah Palin
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 11:13:23 PM »
Just another example of a so called "feminist" being a left wing demagogue.
Only interested in the rapid advancement of hard left, liberal women.
=======================================================
You won't read anything other than rightwing crap in the Wall Street Journal or in any of its other affiliates, either.
Live with it.

I suppose you want your ugly face on the cover of O magazine as well.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 11:16:28 PM »
Oprah Refuses Sarah Palin

Who cares.

Her show. And the fairness doctrine does not apply.

Which is good.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »
I think Kramer and sirs are on to something here.  They discovered that Oprah is pro-Obama.  Holy shit, all I can say is HOW DARE SHE???

sirs:  <<I don't see where Kramer was demanding that Oprah put Palin on her show.  Just highligting her transparent duplicity & bias is plenty>>

Way to go KRAMER!!!  Highlight that transparent bias!!  Show all of America that Oprah thinks Obama's the better candidate.  Shock the socks off them!!  Show the people what Oprah really believes after she tried so hard to conceal it.

And on the side, a little lecture on the meaning of "duplicity" - - it is to say one thing and do another, to pretend to be on someone's side and secretly act against them.  So, for example, if Oprah had been for Obama all along, and then given his opponent millions of dollars of free exposure, THAT would be duplicitous.  I hardly think there's anything duplicitous in refusing air time on her own show to someone who's opposed to her favoured candidate.

Maybe Springer will put her on along with her entire family and Levi the "fuckin redneck."  THAT oughtta be hilarious.  If she's real nice to Jerry, maybe he'll give them the entire show.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 11:50:57 PM »
And on the side, a little lecture on the meaning of "duplicity" - - it is to say one thing and do another, to pretend to be on someone's side and secretly act against them.

Oprah claims that she does not want to "politicize" her show and therefore she is not going to have any candidates on her program. However, she has already had Obama on her show.

I think that's the "duplicity" part.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 11:56:55 PM »
Well, maybe Obama wasn't talking politics on her show.  Maybe it was just how does a black kid make it through the Ivy League or some kinda human-interest story.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 12:08:49 AM »
I think Kramer and sirs are on to something here.  They discovered that Oprah is pro-Obama.  Holy shit, all I can say is HOW DARE SHE???

Holy horseshoes batman...Tee with another gastly misrpresentation.  Yo Tee, news flash, I kinda knew she was pro-Obama oh.....when she was parading next to him and endorsing him, way back when.  She's merely showing her bias on her show is all.  So??  As I said, I simply enjoy exposing blatant bias, be it the media or celebrities on their soapboxes.  If she brings all forms of political candidates on her show, except those she doesn't agree with....FINE, it's her damn show.  Just don't try parading her as someone who ueses her show to interview and get to know both sides of a party or issue.  You do that, we be cool.  But trying to pull intellectually dishonest crud like the above is ......well, SOP I guess.  Never mind, keep up the good work
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 12:16:31 AM »

I did

ONCE AGAIN You might want to educate yourself on the fairness doctrine so you don't come off sounding like a fool.

Do you have something to say or addor are you just going to mindlessly try to bully me? I dont bully well from a jerkoff like you.

You clearly don't understand the Fairness Doctrine.

Knutey

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 12:39:34 AM »

I did

ONCE AGAIN You might want to educate yourself on the fairness doctrine so you don't come off sounding like a fool.

Do you have something to say or addor are you just going to mindlessly try to bully me? I dont bully well from a jerkoff like you.

You clearly don't understand the Fairness Doctrine.

And you do ? Please expound great RW intellect.
It has been about 12 hours and you have posted a bunch of other nonsemnse , but nothing on the Fairness Doctrine in which you are such an expert. I can only think that you are as big a blowhard fool as I think you are.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:08:07 AM by Knutey »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 01:13:54 AM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 08:36:05 AM »
Well, maybe Obama wasn't talking politics on her show.  Maybe it was just how does a black kid make it through the Ivy League or some kinda human-interest story.

Politicians always talk politics when they're on a show. Why can't Palin be part of a human interest story? She obviously has similar personal problems to many of Oprah's audience.

Besides, Oprah said that she did not want to have any politicians that are running for president or VP on her show - of course, she didn't say that until after Obama had already been on...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 11:56:21 AM »
<<Besides, Oprah said that she did not want to have any politicians that are running for president or VP on her show - of course, she didn't say that until after Obama had already been on...>>

Was Obama running for Prez or VP when he was on?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »
<<Besides, Oprah said that she did not want to have any politicians that are running for president or VP on her show - of course, she didn't say that until after Obama had already been on...>>

Was Obama running for Prez or VP when he was on?

Gee in case you missed it Obama has been running for POTUS for years. I hasn't yet showed op for what he got elected for -- the US Senate and voting present doesn't count for anything unless you like cowards.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 01:39:11 PM »
Oprah has a right to promote whomever she wishes, just like the Wall Street Journal and Limbaugh and everyone else.

She has a right to make up her mind that she is for Obama and to ignore McCain and Palin and even a genius like Kramer.

If you don't agree with this, hire a lawyer and sue her.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »
Oprah has a right to promote whomever she wishes, just like the Wall Street Journal and Limbaugh and everyone else.

She has a right to make up her mind that she is for Obama and to ignore McCain and Palin and even a genius like Kramer.

If you don't agree with this, hire a lawyer and sue her.

Hey Bozo I said I'm very glad she doesn't want Palin on her show. If you want to dog me, and with a bit of accuracy, you need to go back and do some previous post reading and get up to speed on where I stand on the issues. Oprah having this attitude plays in favor of Sarah Palin. I'm very happy about it and very much in favor of Oprah being a racist bitch. It plays into my strategy to get McCain elected POTUS.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »
It plays into my strategy to get McCain elected POTUS.

Yeah, you have a real strategy.

As we have all seen here, you are winning converts, right and left, cleverly manipulating Oprah and engaging in a deeply intellectual dialog.

We all tremble in the presence of the Mighty Kramer, McCain's secret weapon.