Author Topic: Palin Is Stalling the Troopergate Investigation  (Read 2139 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Palin Is Stalling the Troopergate Investigation
« on: September 05, 2008, 11:54:03 PM »
http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/516641.html

In keeping with her alleged "open, transparent, accountable" malarkey, Palin had promised the Alaska legislature to cooperate fully with its Troopergate investigation.  Accordingly, the legislature did not see fit to equip its investigation with subpoena powers.  Now a key state employee has refused to appear before the investigation voluntarily, and his boss, Palin, refuses to order him to do so.  The investigation, without subpoena powers, having relied on Palin's word that she would cooperate, is helpless.

Furthermore, Palin's lawyers have just demanded that the investigation wrap up without completing its work so that Palin can file a complaint against herself that would be investigated by another statutory body, thereby preventing the current investigation - - to which Palin had pledged her full cooperation - - from completing its investigation prior to the election.

Fresh new face - corruption fighter - accountable government my ass!  The only problem I can see for the Democrats is how to get this stuff before the public in a way they will understand and care about.  She's a liar and a hypocrite and a phony for sure - - but how to communicate this to the masses?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Palin Is Stalling the Troopergate Investigation
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:19:53 AM »
http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/516641.html

In keeping with her alleged "open, transparent, accountable" malarkey, Palin had promised the Alaska legislature to cooperate fully with its Troopergate investigation.  Accordingly, the legislature did not see fit to equip its investigation with subpoena powers.  Now a key state employee has refused to appear before the investigation voluntarily, and his boss, Palin, refuses to order him to do so.  The investigation, without subpoena powers, having relied on Palin's word that she would cooperate, is helpless.

Furthermore, Palin's lawyers have just demanded that the investigation wrap up without completing its work so that Palin can file a complaint against herself that would be investigated by another statutory body, thereby preventing the current investigation - - to which Palin had pledged her full cooperation - - from completing its investigation prior to the election.

Fresh new face - corruption fighter - accountable government my ass!  The only problem I can see for the Democrats is how to get this stuff before the public in a way they will understand and care about.  She's a liar and a hypocrite and a phony for sure - - but how to communicate this to the masses?

good - - it didn't bother you when the Clinton's stalled for 8 years so why would it bother you if Palin stalls for just a few months -- until after she takes office. I'm fine with it because I don't like double standards. Of course we are know about liberal double standards.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:42:59 AM »
I guess the difference is she promised the legislature full cooperation with the investigation and she promises the voters open and accountable government.

She's only been the nominee a couple of days and we can see how "open" and "accountable" her government is really going to be.

I just hope this stuff can be packaged in an interesting and engaging way in time to make a difference.  On the other hand, she'll probably self-destruct anyway.  I notice nobody's rushing her into the limelight, in fact they're keeping pretty tight wraps on her.  They know themselves she's a moron who's likely to say something really stupid as soon as she's allowed to open her mouth.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:49:36 AM »
Now a key state employee has refused to appear before the investigation voluntarily, and his boss, Palin, refuses to order him to do so.

The employees lawyer filed a jurisdictional question with the courts, as is his right. Palin would be exceeding her authority by ordering the employees to forego his legal rights.

In essence this is a rights case. Both sides have them. And I hope the ADN and you aren't advocating that those legal rights be abused.

That might come back and bite you.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 12:51:12 AM »
I guess the difference is she promised the legislature full cooperation with the investigation and she promises the voters open and accountable government.

She's only been the nominee a couple of days and we can see how "open" and "accountable" her government is really going to be.

I just hope this stuff can be packaged in an interesting and engaging way in time to make a difference.  On the other hand, she'll probably self-destruct anyway.  I notice nobody's rushing her into the limelight, in fact they're keeping pretty tight wraps on her.  They know themselves she's a moron who's likely to say something really stupid as soon as she's allowed to open her mouth.

Oh really, well my sister in law saw Palin this evening in a standing room only huge place in North Detroit this very evening.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 07:18:07 AM »
<<Oh really, well my sister in law saw Palin this evening in a standing room only huge place in North Detroit this very evening.>>

Probably in fact certainly a friendly venue where no unvetted questioning permitted and the candidate kept under very tight wraps.

Care to share with us the name of the sponsoring group and the "huge place" in North Detroit?  They're gonna keep her away from questioning media for as long as they can.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 07:13:54 PM »
<<Oh really, well my sister in law saw Palin this evening in a standing room only huge place in North Detroit this very evening.>>

Probably in fact certainly a friendly venue where no unvetted questioning permitted and the candidate kept under very tight wraps.

Care to share with us the name of the sponsoring group and the "huge place" in North Detroit?  They're gonna keep her away from questioning media for as long as they can.

I think you are confuseing her with Obama...

Obama hired Biden as an experienced attack dog , McCain hired Palin as a young attack dog.

The Veep can say things the canadate might not get away with.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 12:12:38 PM »
<<The Veep can say things the canadate might not get away with.>>

When the candidate's as old as McCain and a repeat cancer survivor to boot, there is NOTHING the Veep can say that the candidate can get away with.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
<<The Veep can say things the canadate might not get away with.>>

When the candidate's as old as McCain and a repeat cancer survivor to boot, there is NOTHING the Veep can say that the candidate can get away with.

You don't hate Cancer survivors or the elderly do you?

McCain may be the best availible , if he only lasts a few years  , it will be tragic that we don't get the benefit of those few years.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 09:44:57 PM »
<<You don't hate Cancer survivors or the elderly do you?>>

I hate people who drop napalm on people for no good reason.  More so when the victims are women and children.  I hate war criminals.

If the war criminal happens to be an elderly cancer survivor, that is not enough to turn hate into love.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 10:38:17 PM »
<<You don't hate Cancer survivors or the elderly do you?>>

I hate people who drop napalm on people for no good reason.  More so when the victims are women and children.  I hate war criminals.

If the war criminal happens to be an elderly cancer survivor, that is not enough to turn hate into love.

Good thing McCain never dropped Napalm for no good reason then.

Or dropped any at all as far as we know right?