Author Topic: Palin's Real Function in this Election  (Read 2342 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Palin's Real Function in this Election
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
<<Might shatter the idealism of the young voter set he will most assuredly need to pull off a victory.>>

Then he better keep them focused on the issues that brought them to him in the first place - - the war, the total neglect of the lives of ordinary Americans and the solicitude for the wealthiest 2 per cent.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 02:24:29 PM »
It is extremely hard for young people to follow someone who has let them down.

Even more mature people like you have your doubts.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 02:30:43 PM »
<<It is extremely hard for young people to follow someone who has let them down.>>

Two forces pushed them, enthusiasm for the charismatic Obama, and disgust and the status quo.  Obama isn't a total let-down, he's still a very impressive guy (especially compared to McCain) and the disgust will still remain.

<<Even more mature people like you have your doubts.>>

Call them disappointments.  I'd still vote for Obama without hesitation against McCain OR Palin.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
<<It is extremely hard for young people to follow someone who has let them down.>>

Two forces pushed them, enthusiasm for the charismatic Obama, and disgust and the status quo.  Obama isn't a total let-down, he's still a very impressive guy (especially compared to McCain) and the disgust will still remain.

<<Even more mature people like you have your doubts.>>

Call them disappointments.  I'd still vote for Obama without hesitation against McCain OR Palin.

It's a hold your nose vote anyway you look at it. And that is a far cry from where he started.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »
Especially when you consider how folks like Tee are advocating that Obama say anything and everything, (which implies lying as necessar) to become elected, because McCain is so......evil apparently

And if he loses it's because America is still chalk full of ignorant racists, of course
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

richpo64

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 04:19:08 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qUVQDmLf7s[/youtube]

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:21 PM »
<<It's a hold your nose vote anyway you look at it. And that is a far cry from where he started. >>

It's a far cry from where he started, but it's still a long way from a hold-your-nose vote - - he's smart, McCain's dumb, he's new, McCain's old, he opposed the war, McCain supported it, he's mostly free of Washington lobbyists, McCain has at least seven in major staff appointments, his hands are clean, McCain is a war criminal  . . . the contrasts on a point-by-point basis could probably fill a page, and on every one of them, Obama comes out on top.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 04:37:05 PM »
<<Especially when you consider how folks like Tee are advocating that Obama say anything and everything, (which implies lying as necessar) to become elected . . . >>

Nope.  Did not advocate lying.  But he can . . . soften his stand on some things and harden it on others, because after all McCain does not have a monopoly on the right to "change his mind" to advance his own position, so we should at least be fair-minded enough to allow Obama the same right.

<< . . . .  because McCain is so......evil apparently>>

Congratulations, at least you got THAT right.

<<And if he loses it's because America is still chalk full of ignorant racists, of course>>

Yeah, sums it up pretty neatly, racism and ignorance in roughly equal doses, I'd venture to guess.  I see Bill Maher was up on Toronto a few days ago and he said pretty much the same thing as you did, that the U.S. is a pretty ignorant country compared to Canada.  I guess that's obvious to most sane and normal folk.  Actually, they're pretty ignorant compared to most other developed countries and it shows pretty well in the quality of their political leaders.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 04:46:08 PM »
<<Especially when you consider how folks like Tee are advocating that Obama say anything and everything, (which implies lying as necessar) to become elected . . . >>

Nope.  Did not advocate lying.  But he can . . .

LOL.....which is different than what I said, how again??  I voted for the war before I voted against it??

<<And if he loses it's because America is still chalk full of ignorant racists, of course>>

Yeah, sums it up pretty neatly, racism and ignorance in roughly equal doses, I'd venture to guess.

Priceless     :D    Couldn't possibly be that as more americans learned of his hard core leftists positions, and the "change" those positions would take the country in, and lack of both conviction & experience helped sway their thought process.  Naaaaaa, just a bunch or rednek ignurant rasists, hoo jist dont no beter.

Make sure Obama is woirking on those new ads targeting all the soccer moms who've been moving from the Obama camp to the McCain camp.  Let them know just how stupid & racist they are.  That'll go over big
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:48:39 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »
<<LOL.....which is different than what I said, how again??  I voted for the war before I voted against it??>>

The point is, it's no different that what McCain has been doing.  If it's lying, then McCain is lying too.  If it's not lying when McCain does it, then it's not lying when Obama does it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »
Problem is you can't find McCain lying about much of anything regarding Obama.  Some distortions, yes.  But Obama's the one who's been openly lying about Palin and the Bridge.  But I support your call for Obama to lie more. that's what we want in a DC politician, running on a campaign of change.......LIE, and say whatever you need to say to get elected.  I love it.  I'd suggest FAX'ing Obama's camp immediately

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 06:33:07 PM »
<<Problem is you can't find McCain lying about much of anything regarding Obama.  >>

No, that's what his surrogates do.

<<Some distortions, yes. >>

Which of his lies are you willing to pass off as "distortions?"

<<But Obama's the one who's been openly lying about Palin and the Bridge.  >>

Naaah.  He tells the simple truth.  First she was for it.  But when a shitstorm of bad "Bridge to Nowhere" publicity burst, then she turned against it.

<<But I support your call for Obama to lie more. >>

But there is no such call to support.  What's that?  Oh, I get it - - you're even willing to "support" a call that was never made.  Well, why not?  How far is that from suporting an invasion to remove weapons that were never there? 

<<that's what we want in a DC politician, running on a campaign of change.......LIE, and say whatever you need to say to get elected.  >>

You must be confusing him with your hero, LIE, and say whatever you need to justify starting a war.

<<I love it.  >>

So why am I not surprised?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 06:45:09 PM »
<<Problem is you can't find McCain lying about much of anything regarding Obama.  >>

No, that's what his surrogates do.

Like WHO?  Who is working on behalf of the McCain camp and lying about Obama at the behest of McCain?  Or is this more of how well it's kept secret is proof garbage, yet again?

<<But I support your call for Obama to lie more. >>

But there is no such call to support.  What's that?  Oh, I get it - - you're even willing to "support" a call that was never made.   

Ahh, that's why you said he could & should lie, because he shouldn't.  LOL....talk about bizarro world again

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 11:07:12 PM »
<<Like WHO?  Who is working on behalf of the McCain camp and lying about Obama at the behest of McCain?  Or is this more of how well it's kept secret is proof garbage, yet again?>>

The continuing smear campaign against Obama is documented here:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthesmearshome

Some of the authors of some of the smears are identified, others are not.  At this point, there is only ONE man who benefits from smears of Obama, and that is his opponent, McCain.

Has McCain acknowledged authorship of even one of these smears?  Of course not.  He's not the author of any of them.  Why would he have to be the author?  Others freely and gladly do this work for him.  He doesn't ask them and he doesn't pay them; he doesn't have to.  They are his surrogates.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 01:58:19 AM »
And has McCain supported any efforts to lie or smear Obama?  No.  So, back to square 1, where you have this completely meritless claim of McCain surrogates going out lying about Obama, as if he's behind it all.  Quite the contrary, he's been out front criticising any attempt to inappropriately smear or lie about Obama

But by all means, get Obama on top of his game...lie, smear, call every woman who doesn't support his agenda as a pig.  It's going over great, so far