Author Topic: Palin Interview  (Read 3153 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Palin Interview
« on: September 12, 2008, 12:11:18 AM »
Caught excerpts. 

She's an idiot.

It's horrifying that she could take over as President if McCain wins and then croaks.

Like watching a train wreck happening.  She knows virtually nothing that's not related to energy.  National security credentials?  Fuhgeddabowdit.  Fucking disaster any way you wanna look at it.  Think of her as McCain's gift to Obama.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Palin Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 01:37:36 AM »
She thinks Creationism should be taught alongside Evolution.

And now that she is no longer pursuing corruption in Alaska, the corrupt will triumph there as well.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:40:31 AM »
She thinks Creationism should be taught alongside Evolution.

I believe her exact response was that if it were brought up, it should be discussed.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 01:48:13 AM »
Putting her on the ticket was a rather unwise stunt. If McCain is elected, everyone needs to pray that he stays alive and sane. Palin is a naive amateur. She understands Alaska it seems, but hardly the rest of the country. If she became president, she would be manipulated easily by the oilgarchy. A BA in journalism does not qualify one to be president. WE know now that an MBA from Harvard doesn't, either.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 01:58:18 AM »
While you are hoping McCain stays alive, what makes you think Obama is more experienced and also wouldn't be a tool of the oligarch? What in his history in Chicago shows his independent streak?

Every time Palin's lack pf experience is highlighted the light is also shining on the head of the dem ticket. And the lighting is not flattering. I am truly surprised you guys haven't figured that out yet.

Election 2008   Obama   McCain   Spread
RCP National Average   45.2   47.7   McCain +2.5

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 02:46:39 AM »
Don't worry.....GOP & McCain will be dropping that lead anchor by tomorrow.  Right Brass?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 03:00:50 AM »
While you are hoping McCain stays alive, what makes you think Obama is more experienced and also wouldn't be a tool of the oligarch? What in his history in Chicago shows his independent streak?

Every time Palin's lack pf experience is highlighted the light is also shining on the head of the dem ticket. And the lighting is not flattering. I am truly surprised you guys haven't figured that out yet.

2 things stood out in my mind, from the few excerpts I caught.
1) Gibson's questions were about as transparent as one could get in trying to imply both some acute lack of experience, and how she supposedly was getting her commands from God, regardless of how she was trying to correct him
2) Has anyone, anywhere, who has interviewed Obama, repeated the same question, over and over and over again, though phrased in slightly altering forms in supposedly "asking" does he feel he's really ready to be President?  Really?  No doubt?  Not even a little?  And what hubris it would have been for daring to answer yes.......again, and again, and again.  It didn't get any more transparent, than that. 
In other words, as far as Gibson was concerned, she was damned if she did and damned if she didn't.  Answering no to his perseveration makes McCains judgment/choice more perceived (to the rationally minded) as bad, & reinforcing the charges of inexperience (despite the Dem's top of their ticket).  Answering yes, as she did, is seen to be arrogance.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 03:18:10 AM »
From what i saw she was nervous. Not unexpected due to the hype. Maybe a b- or a c.

She seems to be doing better than Biden though. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 03:54:06 AM »
That's an understatement

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 09:41:46 AM »
I have met Obama. He spoke at my university twice. He seems to have a deep knowledge of what is going on in the world. As for the oligarchy, they do try to dominate everything, but they are far closer to the Republicans. McCain is so desperate to be elected, it seems that he would sell his own grandmother to win. His cultivated image as a maverick is bogus: he supported Juniorbush on all his worst decisions. Palin really does not have a clue as to what Washington is all about, and as I said, she belongs in Juneau, not DC. She has power in Juneau, in DC she is a tourist at most.

The oligarchy is so desperate to rule that they chose Juniorbush, a stubborn, warmongering, lying shill, over McCain in 2000. McCain could have actually won in 2000, not have had to be selected by the Supremes. But noooooo. They had to have the most servile lackey they could find. Now they are desperate, and have had to choose McCain because none of the other candidates was worth crap.

Anyone that wants change to come should not vote for McCain. He has no fundamental change of any sort. 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 09:56:14 AM »
She was at least smart enough not to fall into two traps that Gibson had set for her, but other than that, her answers were extremely lame and evasive.  By refusing to deal directly with her total inexperience, she seemed evasive and ready to stretch the truth to absurdity, as she did in equating her alleged knowledge of energy issues with a knowledge of defence because "energy IS defence" which was just pure bullshit.  Had she fallen into Gibson's two traps, the evening would have been perfect, but perfection is the unattainable standard, I was really happy that she was exposed as the hopeless boob (no pun intended) that she is.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 10:02:27 AM »
By refusing to deal directly with her total inexperience, she seemed evasive and ready to stretch the truth to absurdity,

ROFL
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 11:17:42 AM »
She struck me as evasive. You could see her trying to figure out how to explain away her remark about the Iraq war being God's will. There's no doubt she said it; the question is whether she believes it. If she does, that puts her in with others throughout history who have used God as an excuse for war. If she doesn't, why did she say it? If she believes it, why doesn't she have the faith in her convictions to just come out and admit it?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

richpo64

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »
Well isn't this strange. Our leftist friends hate her and thought she did poorly.

And they're usually so nonpartisan.

:D

She did fine. Charlie however is festering liberal boil. I wish she had slapped those glasses right off his condescending nose.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is. ~ George W. Bush

About the quote: The future president said this in regard to Kosovo in April 1999

Good thing then we actually have one for Iraq, which was clearly explained