Author Topic: You RW nutcakes will love this  (Read 4821 times)

Knutey

You RW nutcakes will love this
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:27:47 AM »
<object width="400" height="302">   <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />   <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />   <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1679097&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" />   <embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1679097&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object>
Sarah Palin's Churches and The Third Wave from Bruce Wilson on Vimeo.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: You RW nutcakes will love this
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:34:20 AM »
Oh the gnashing of teeth and apoplectic replies that normally would be forthcoming about making Sarah Palin's church an issue...had they not spent two months hammering on Obama for going to a specific church.

I'm not worried.  The right-wingers will find some kind of contorted response on the injustice of simply showing Palin's church and the absolutely logical rationality of repeatedly attacking Obama on his choice of churches.

Knutey

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »
Oh the gnashing of teeth and apoplectic replies that normally would be forthcoming about making Sarah Palin's church an issue...had they not spent two months hammering on Obama for going to a specific church.

I'm not worried.  The right-wingers will find some kind of contorted response on the injustice of simply showing Palin's church and the absolutely logical rationality of repeatedly attacking Obama on his choice of churches.

Does look like the cat got their "tongues" BWA!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:34 AM »
These folks have every right to believe in demons, believe that there is something beneficial to blathering in gibberish, and to believe that "this world has nothing for me".

But I fail to see any reason whatever to actually have one of them lead my country.

If this world has nothing for them, they certainly are not the ones to try to lead any part of it.

That said, Palin is a minor issue, while McCain is the major issue. This phony maverick schtick is false: McCain can't change the status quo, he has been the status quo most of the past 30 years.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:25:33 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »
I guess what it really proves is that science so far has failed to provide a rational account of who we are, why we're here and where we're going - - or it it has provided a rational account, it's just not palatable or useful to a lot of "ordinary people."  Some people probably just want some magic in their lives and these guys are there to provide it for them.

Normally I wouldn't think it was fair game to go after somebody's religion any more than it would be fair game to attack a veteran's military history but after the Swift-Boating of John Kerry and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright witch-hunt, it looks like the Republicans are finally hoist on their own petard.  Guess they failed to realize that what goes around comes around.  It is funny, in a deliciously snide kind of way.

Knutey

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
>It is funny, in a deliciously snide kind of way.<

Thanh MT- I take that as a great compliment  ;D
BTW- I was forced to attend a church like this as a child by my abusive mother. It is everbit as bad as this. I still do not favor one religion over another. I think they all suck, but some are suckier than others and these pervs are the worst.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »
This world has nothing for me. This world has nothing for me.
Let us crown Jesus King of Wasilla, Alaska, the US, the World!

What does one call rule by a deceased foreign ghost king, anyway?

Difuntoxenophantasmamonarchist?

Should we elect a leader who believes in difuntoxenophantasmamonarchy?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »
I still do not favor one religion over another. I think they all suck, but some are suckier than others and these pervs are the worst.

I can agree with the sucky part, but I think I prefer Anglicans. They dress nicely, sit quietly in their pews, listen to the sermon without shouting "amen!" all the time, say nice, noncommittal things to the preacher and go home, all within 90 minutes, and they do fund some helpful charities. Plus, they do not annoy anyone on TV.

No one ever gets bruised in an Anglican church, and they don't have all those nasty disputes about Papal infallibility and don't bore people ever so ofter watching to see if the smoke is white or black.

Home Lutherans are even better, because they do not tie up traffic.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »

Can't leave you hanging.

I think the ad speaks for itself. It certainly speaks volumes about the poster and those that agree with him.

It's useful to clearly know where each side stands on the issue

Knutey

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »

Can't leave you hanging.

I think the ad speaks for itself. It certainly speaks volumes about the poster and those that agree with him.

It's useful to clearly know where each side stands on the issue

This is even more obtuse than your usual glancing blows. So you support holey rollers in charge?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »
Well, I never went to anything like Palin's church, but I would have been very glad to have known about it as a child.  The Hebrew writing in our prayer books was so strange looking, I always thought WE were a bunch of  fucking weirdos and the Christians who put on their Sunday best and sat in neat little rows reading from their all-English prayer books and singing in English were the normal people.  I woulda felt a whole lot better just knowing that there were Christian churches with people rolling around on the floor, shouting gibberish and talking about demons as if they really existed.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »
Sister Aimee Semple McPherson was from Alberta, but she had to come to the US to start her immense church.

I don't think the Holy Roller types could get much traction in the Great White North.

I suppose some of them can now, but certainly fewer than in the US.

The really wacky religious movements seem to be most common in the US and Africa.

Islam is pretty wacky, too, when you think about it.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 12:26:37 PM »
So you support holey rollers in charge?

A persons religion or lack thereof really isn't any of my business.

Prejudging a person based on their faith is really no different than prejudging a person based on the color of their skin.

I don't think either action is OK. Apparently you do. Perhaps that is what has Obama's folks so worried.

Who knows what demons will show up in the privacy of the voting booth. Your post gives us a preview.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 01:07:48 PM »
A persons religion or lack thereof really isn't any of my business.

Prejudging a person based on their faith is really no different than prejudging a person based on the color of their skin.
==========================================

If a person's church has the belief that "this world has nothing for me", doesn't that give you the idea that perhaps someone who might be more inclined to believe that the world might be changed in some way for the good might make a better leader?

It's NOT like skin color at all. To wit:

People can say "I think I'd rather be a Presbyterian, and then become a Presbyterian" They can't say "I would prefer to have a burnish umber complexion, and chance their skin tone."

Furthermore, a person's beliefs are lodged in their brain almost certainly affect how they might govern. A person's skin color is not a mental thing, and is unrelated to this.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 01:09:47 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 01:53:59 PM »
They can't say "I would prefer to have a burnish umber complexion, and chance [sic] their skin tone."

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)