Author Topic: You RW nutcakes will love this  (Read 4822 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: You RW nutcakes will love this
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
Quote from: Xavier_Onassis on Today at 12:07:48 PM
They can't say "I would prefer to have a burnish umber complexion, and chance [sic] their skin tone."

=========================================
It is my opinion that Michael Jackson did rather a lot more than SAY what he wanted to look like. The odds are he has spent more on his various forms of chameleonry to consume every dime most Americans earn in a lifetime.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »
If a person's church has the belief that "this world has nothing for me", doesn't that give you the idea that perhaps someone who might be more inclined to believe that the world might be changed in some way for the good might make a better leader?

I think one would be wise to look at the track record of governance for those candidates in question.

That is if your candidate has a track record. Does he?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »
I think you have changed the subject.

Of course, Obama has a track record, rather longer than Palin's. Plus, he does not seem to believe that "this world has nothing for me."

Knutey

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »
So you support holey rollers in charge?

A persons religion or lack thereof really isn't any of my business.

Prejudging a person based on their faith is really no different than prejudging a person based on the color of their skin.

I don't think either action is OK. Apparently you do. Perhaps that is what has Obama's folks so worried.

Who knows what demons will show up in the privacy of the voting booth. Your post gives us a preview.

This is total nonsense one can easily change his religion  but not his skin color. I would rather have people face their demons than elect them to office as they did the Bushidiot & Cheney and are threatening to do with McSameastheBushidiot & Palerthanthou.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 07:02:03 PM »
Of course, Obama has a track record, rather longer than Palin's. Plus, he does not seem to believe that "this world has nothing for me."

Really? What has he governed? He was a legislator who voted present 129 times.

And do you have a quote of Palin stating "the world has nothing for me"? Seems to me you are just poking fun at her church which the 85% of Americans who claim to be religious might take issue with.

You guys have enough votes in your pocket that you can discount huge swaths of the American demographic?

What next, poking fun at Catholics for the funny robes their clergy wear, or the Hebrews with their beanie caps, or the baptists with their Sunday morning pew sitting with Saturday night on their breath? or the Methodists who would be Episcopalians if they only drove Lincolns instead of Fords.

You already pissed off enough blue collar dems with the whole clinging to God and Guns disrespect, keep up the good work.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 07:08:04 PM »
And do you have a quote of Palin stating "the world has nothing for me"? Seems to me you are just poking fun at her church which the 85% of Americans who claim to be religious might take issue with.

=================================
This is a song that is on the video of Palin's church which appears several times, and at least one speaker uses for the topic of his speech.

You already pissed off enough blue collar dems with the whole clinging to God and Guns disrespect, keep up the good work.

I am not campaigning for anyone. I do not think that this forum reaches even two dozen people. I pissed off nary a single voter with the guns and God comment, as I didn't make it. It's pretty much right on the money, by the way.

People do not like to be reminded of silly things they do, and Obama mentioned this in a private meeting that was not private enough, apparently.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 07:15:27 PM »
This is a song that is on the video of Palin's church which appears several times, and at least one speaker uses for the topic of his speech.

So you don't have a direct quote. Just as I thought.

BTW we get 65 to 70 unique visitors a day excluding search engine bots.

Knutey

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »

BTW we get 65 to 70 unique visitors a day excluding search engine bots.

Big whoop de do! Now that will surely sway the election!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 08:15:01 PM »

I GAVE you a direct quote from the video. If you want to hear the video, play it. Why should I spoon-feed you a transcript of something so readily available?

Are you deaf? Does your mouse lack a clicker button? Can you click? Can you scroll?
Please. You are a grown up, see the fr%$#@in' video if you need assurance.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »
I GAVE you a direct quote from the video.

You gave a direct quote from the video. You did not have a direct quote of Palin saying it, yet that is what you implied.

Try to keep it semi honest.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 11:42:01 PM »
I said that this attitude seems to be a major belief of this church, and as such, would cause me to not support anyone who held it. If you will read what I have posted I have been honest in the extreme.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:06 PM »
I said that this attitude seems to be a major belief of this church, and as such, would cause me to not support anyone who held it. If you will read what I have posted I have been honest in the extreme.

I suppose you weren't referring to Palin and Obama in this paragraph?

If a person's church has the belief that "this world has nothing for me", doesn't that give you the idea that perhaps someone who might be more inclined to believe that the world might be changed in some way for the good might make a better leader?

Awaits your honest answer.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 01:11:42 AM »
A persons religion or lack thereof really isn't any of my business.

Generally I would agree, until they start making it my business. They can do that by ignoring the signs on my door, figuring they don't apply to them because they are carrying a Bible. They can also do it by running for one of the highest offices in the land while spouting that the Iraq war is a task from God. I also wouldn't want a president or vice president who might believe, as their church apparently teaches, that "this world has nothing for me". A person who believed that might be more inclined to take risks that might get them killed, along with a lot of other people. I'm not sure I would want such a person one melanoma away from the codes to launch nuclear weapons.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 01:17:11 AM »
And a church member who's former minister preached a blacks value system, and that Whites invented AIDS to destroy the black man.  And that's mild compared to the new minister.  That all gets a pass, apparently?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 01:18:29 AM »
I'm not supporting Obama either.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016