Author Topic: You RW nutcakes will love this  (Read 4824 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: You RW nutcakes will love this
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008, 01:04:55 PM »
What about her stand on Creationism?

What does she believe and how does that apply to her thoughts as to what should be done about the Evolution vs. Creationism issue?

That's been discussed. She is not against teaching evolution in schools, she only feels that if a child brings creationism up that it should be discussed. BT has already provided the references for this.

Why do you care anyway? You have already made up your mind.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008, 01:14:35 PM »
Why do you care anyway? You have already made up your mind.

===================================================
That is not a rational response.

Suppose she is elected. Then her beliefs and what she might do are a lot more important than they are now. She is only a candidate now and cannot do squat. 

I am actually more interested in what presidents and vice presidents do than in what they say they might do. The former might affect me. The latter is far less significant, as every candidate has always thought they'd get a lot more done than they ever did.

I can't vote based on what they have done because of the unidirectional flow of the time continuum and the unknowability of future events, so I have to settle for what they say they will do.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2008, 03:45:54 PM »
Suppose she is elected. Then her beliefs and what she might do are a lot more important than they are now. She is only a candidate now and cannot do squat. 

Most school curriculum decisions are made at the state level, so she would have more input into that process as Governor than as VP.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008, 04:01:27 PM »

Most school curriculum decisions are made at the state level, so she would have more input into that process as Governor than as VP.

===========================
I was thinking of more than just school curricula. I was also thinking that there is the possibility that the ancient McCain would kick the bucket, become intensely apoplectic or get Altzheimers and they would make Palin president. I am relatively certain that I would be most dismayed by her Supreme Court nominees.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 04:23:25 PM »
When it became politically in his best interest to do so........20years later.  Doesn't say much for the man, I'm afraid

So, we should hammer on Palin relentlessly by showing all the crazy nonsense that goes on in her church over and over again on every network until it becomes "politically in [her] best interest to do so......."?

As far as that goes, ANY political figure should repudiate their church (because they're all crazy and do really crazy things) if they want to gain office?  That might not be a bad idea, sirs.  Good one, sirs.  That would keep the wall between church and state sound.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »
When it became politically in his best interest to do so........20years later.  Doesn't say much for the man, I'm afraid

So, we should hammer on Palin relentlessly by showing all the crazy nonsense that goes on in her church over and over again on every network until it becomes "politically in [her] best interest to do so......."?

Do what?  According to ami, she left the church years ago, BEFORE there was anything remotely political about it.  At least from a national level

As far as that goes, ANY political figure should repudiate their church (because they're all crazy and do really crazy things) if they want to gain office?  

Putting aside your twisted opinion of what's "crazy", that depends on what the church is "teaching", now don't it

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »
As far as that goes, ANY political figure should repudiate their church (because they're all crazy and do really crazy things) if they want to gain office?  That might not be a bad idea, sirs.  Good one, sirs.  That would keep the wall between church and state sound.

The wall works both ways. The state has no compelling interest whatsoever in the religious beliefs of its elected officials. Period.

The first amendment says so.