Author Topic: on the phone:Donald Trump  (Read 8193 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: on the phone:Donald Trump
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2008, 03:10:55 AM »

*snip*

Why do you believe that McCain is the best candidate for president?

Ahh, finally, a question.  Because the alternative for President would be FAR worse for this country, IMHO.  The exponential increase in the size & scope of Government, the increased unfairness in the tax code, and for those who pay the greatest amount in taxes already, the sheer naivete in all forms of experience, especially on both Foreign affairs and Economics.  But I digress....that's why not to vote for Obama, not why one should vote for McCain.  McCain provides the leadership the country will sorely need.  As much as I disagree with McCain on a whole host of issues, he's at least tried to work with Democrats & Republicans, in a compromising format, vs one of 97% polar partisanship.  He finally understands the true unfairness of the tax code, and lastly, chose a VP candidate that mirrors his desire of true reform and CHANGE, and is young enough to push a similar agenda once he leaves office

Is it true that the recent economy "issues" are because of PRes. Bush? Why or why not?

No.  They're because of Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, the GOP led Congress, the Democrat led Congress, lack of stringent SEC oversight, application of Federal regulations that caused Lending institutions to stop being so strict on who did receive mortgages, and Lending Institutions that felt no compulsion what-so-ever in granting highly questionable mortgages, knowing the Fed would come bail them out.

And lastly, these issues were brought about by eager wanna-be homeowners, who would sign for homes WAY out of their budget, take out multiple mortages, then turn around and do home remodeling, only to then decry how they can no longer make the payments, as their rate went up.

It's because of EVERYONE

Can McCain bail us out of the current mess we are in?  WHy or why not?

I'll be honest.....probably not.  Federal intervention is not the answer.  Socializing the Housing Industry is not the answer.  McCain is not the answer, though his rhetoric of reform of Wall Street does ring a bell of potential.  Stronger oversight, and allowing Capatalism & the Free market to work they way its designed to, would

Time to put up or shut up....and I am referring to the next administration...not you...  ;)

*whew*   dodged a bullet there
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 10:54:14 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2008, 10:03:34 AM »
chose a VP candidate that mirrors his desire of true reform and CHANGE, and is young enough to push a similar agenda once he leaves office

Oh come on. Palin doesn't know squat. And she is unlikely to know squat in four or eight years. She is a female Quayle. If she is elected, watch her be the failed female Quayle.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »
No worse than Obama
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2008, 11:08:46 AM »
Far, far worse than Obama in every conceivable way, other than the possible ability to bear children.

A BA is not the same an a postgraduate degree.

You are talking about someone who never even applied for a PASSPORT until she needed one to visit Canada.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »
You are talking about someone who never even applied for a PASSPORT until she needed one to visit Canada.

Up until a few years ago, there were a number of countries you could visit without a passport, all that was required was a birth certificate to get back into the US. Canada was one of those - I've gone to Canada at least three times without a passport.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
Ami for President    8)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008, 12:26:50 PM »
Up until a few years ago, there were a number of countries you could visit without a passport, all that was required was a birth certificate to get back into the US. Canada was one of those - I've gone to Canada at least three times without a passport.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Exactly true, and that is why Palin did not need the passport UNTIL recently, which was when Congress decided all Americans needed a passport to visit anywhere outside of the US and Puerto Rico.

That made it necessary for her to have one. Juneau is very close to Canada, and I imagine you would find more moose to hunt in the Yukon.

I have visited Canada many times and never shown a passport to anyone. Mexico and the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas as well.

But I can't do it now.

Cynthia

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 10:08:25 PM »

*snip*

Why do you believe that McCain is the best candidate for president?

Ahh, finally, a question.  Because the alternative for President would be FAR worse for this country, IMHO.  The exponential increase in the size & scope of Government, the increased unfairness in the tax code, and for those who pay the greatest amount in taxes already, the sheer naivete in all forms of experience, especially on both Foreign affairs and Economics.  But I digress....that's why not to vote for Obama, not why one should vote for McCain.  McCain provides the leadership the country will sorely need.  As much as I disagree with McCain on a whole host of issues, he's at least tried to work with Democrats & Republicans, in a compromising format, vs one of 97% polar partisanship.  He finally understands the true unfairness of the tax code, and lastly, chose a VP candidate that mirrors his desire of true reform and CHANGE, and is young enough to push a similar agenda once he leaves office

Is it true that the recent economy "issues" are because of PRes. Bush? Why or why not?

No.  They're because of Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, the GOP led Congress, the Democrat led Congress, lack of stringent SEC oversight, application of Federal regulations that caused Lending institutions to stop being so strict on who did receive mortgages, and Lending Institutions that felt no compulsion what-so-ever in granting highly questionable mortgages, knowing the Fed would come bail them out.

And lastly, these issues were brought about by eager wanna-be homeowners, who would sign for homes WAY out of their budget, take out multiple mortages, then turn around and do home remodeling, only to then decry how they can no longer make the payments, as their rate went up.

It's because of EVERYONE

Can McCain bail us out of the current mess we are in?  WHy or why not?

I'll be honest.....probably not.  Federal intervention is not the answer.  Socializing the Housing Industry is not the answer.  McCain is not the answer, though his rhetoric of reform of Wall Street does ring a bell of potential.  Stronger oversight, and allowing Capatalism & the Free market to work they way its designed to, would

Time to put up or shut up....and I am referring to the next administration...not you...  ;)

*whew*   dodged a bullet there

ahh, finally an answer.....That's better.

Thanks, Sirs.

Let the debates begin....the one on the tube as I type. What an exciting year to be involved in politics ...and even my students are involved. This is going to be quite an election/sadly also a horrid time in terms of the economy.

Tim Russert..God bless you, man. I hope you are listening to all up in heaven.