Author Topic: If any Jew had conisdered voting for Geo Jr #2 , this would squelch it for sure  (Read 6809 times)

Mucho

"I still had a ham sandwich for lunch. And my mother made great pork chops." -- Virginia Sen.George Allen, explaining how news that his grandfather was Jewish is "just an interesting nuance to my background."

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149190712778">

He MUST let his base know that in his heart he is still a bigot.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So, you make the bigoted assumption that Jews vote based on dietary restrictions?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
isn`t kerry jewish also?
something to do with his grandparents.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
isn`t kerry jewish also?

So, I guess using Knutty's logic, Jews wouldn't vote for him, either.

Jews are not supposed to hunt game - something Kerry has been photographed doing.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Mucho

So, you make the bigoted assumption that Jews vote based on dietary restrictions?

No- But I do think anyone  would vote against some one who ridicules their dietary restrictions and is loath to admit he is one of them.

Mucho

isn`t kerry jewish also?
something to do with his grandparents.

Yes- both he and Madeline Albright found out that they were descended from Czech Jews (BTW I am Czech and possibly of Jewish extraction) and they and I are proud , not ashamed , of it like someone I could mention.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
No- But I do think anyone  would vote against some one who ridicules their dietary restrictions and is loath to admit he is one of them.

Guess you didn't read the article you linked to. He did neither.

Mucho

Actually , he did , but since your greed has blinded you, you cannot see it unless it bites you.

Allen tells of his Jewish heritage
He acknowledges he knew of his lineage when faulting a reporter for her question
BY PETER HARDIN AND JEFF E. SCHAPIRO
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITERS
Wednesday, September 20, 2006

RELATED
Allen tells of his Jewish heritage

Excerpts from Allen's statements

Progress on detainee bill seen

U.S. Sen. George Allen, R-Va., yesterday acknowledged his Jewish ancestry, a day after angrily ducking a question about possible Jewish forebears in a debate with his Democratic challenger.

Allen said in a written statement that his mother, Etty, confirmed he is part Jewish after he read an Aug. 25 article by the Jewish Daily Forward exploring his roots. The article followed the controversy over Allen's alleged racial remark to an Indian-American volunteer for Democrat Jim Webb.

He said in an interview that he was aware of his heritage when asked about it during the nationally televised debate Monday with Webb sponsored by the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce. Allen did not directly answer a panelist's question on his lineage but sternly criticized her for asking about religion.

The announcement by Allen, a Presbyterian who in over 25 years in politics has nurtured the image of a rural Southern good old boy, is the latest surprise in a closely fought campaign that could decide continued Republican control of the Senate.

Allen and campaign manager Dick Wadhams indicated that Allen's maternal grandfather, Felix Lumbroso, an Italian businessman jailed by the Nazis in North Africa, was Jewish. Allen said in the interview he does not know his maternal grandmother's religion.

Because Judaism is traced through the mother, children born to Jewish women are considered Jews. Allen said his mother, who could not be reached for comment, was raised as a Christian -- as was he.

"I embrace and take great pride in every aspect of my diverse heritage, including my Lumbroso family line's Jewish heritage, which I learned about from a recent magazine article and my mother confirmed," the Allen statement said.

A GOP presidential prospect, Allen is the latest national political figure to discover a Jewish past. Others include two former Democratic presidential candidates, U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry of Massachusetts and retired Gen. Wesley Clark, and former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright.

In the interview, Allen was asked why he did not acknowledge in the debate a Jewish tie that had been a source of speculation since his term as governor from 1994 to 1998.

Allen said he was "absolutely not" running from his heritage but that he was offended by a question he believed linked his mother and religion with the word -- macaca -- he directed at Webb supporter S.R. Sidarth. Allen has apologized to Sidarth and said he didn't know the word's meaning.

Allen said he faced "the question, the assertion, the offensive remarks that your mother taught you this slur, and that somehow it's because she has -- either she or her father was -- was Jewish."

Allen's disclosure followed news accounts focusing on the question and Allen's forceful response to it as well as a wave of postings on the Internet by partisan bloggers. Allen stood by his claim that the question by Peggy Fox of WUSA-TV was inappropriate.

"I don't like my mother getting dragged into it," said Allen.

He said his grandfather's incarceration by the Germans had a profound effect on his mother; that because it was a painful memory, it was almost never discussed.

"Some may find it odd that I have not probed deeply into the details of my family history, but it's a fact," Allen said in his statement.

Speaking with The Times-Dispatch, Allen said the disclosure is "just an interesting nuance to my background." He added, "I still had a ham sandwich for lunch. And my mother made great pork chops."

Political analysts were divided on the impact of the Allen disclosure.

"To the extent that a person can break out of a mold that inhibits their ability to reach out to others, to broaden, shall we say, their coalition, that is usually good in politics," said Charles W. Dunn, dean of the Robertson School of Government at Regent University.

Mark F. Rozell of George Mason University said the announcement was Allen's "macaca diversion."

Rozell said, "He's been wanting to change the dialogue in this campaign. At one point, he's been defending himself against charges of being a bully. Now he can play the victim and say he's the one that's being bullied and being treated with prejudice."

The Webb campaign, criticized during the primary for circulating handbills that supporters of opponent Harris Miller said seemed anti-Semitic, had little to say.

"We've always tried to make this campaign about the issues," said spokeswoman Kristian Denny Todd.

A leader of Richmond's Jewish community, Ric Arenstein, was disturbed by the timing of Allen's announcement.

"This story has been rumored and raised with him repeatedly," said Arenstein, a former president of the Jewish Federation of Richmond who has ties to both political parties. "I guess it troubles me that he cares so little about his lineage that he waited until it was irrefutable."

Contact Washington correspondent Peter Hardin at phardin@mediageneral.com or (202) 662-7669.
Contact staff writer Jeff E. Schapiro at jschapiro@timesdispatch.com or (804) 649-6814.
This story can be found at: http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149190712778

Everything else in this article is surely a lie except the ham sand and porkchop bullshit.

Go Back

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Actually , he did , but since your greed has blinded you, you cannot see it unless it bites you.

I read the article. None of the comments show that he was loath to admit having a Jewish ancestor, nor did he make fun of their dietary restrictions.

So, I guess you're wrong.

As usual.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Would anyone like top hear about my Pict ancestors?

Alas ,I know not how to prepare and wear woad.

Mucho

Re: If any Jew had conisdered voting for Geo Jr #2 , this would squelch it for s
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 10:38:59 PM »

I read the article. None of the comments show that he was loath to admit having a Jewish ancestor, nor did he make fun of their dietary restrictions.

So, I guess you're wrong.

As usual.

It is well known that Repubs are not the smartest pumpkins in the patch and the reason why is that they can't see things they don't want to even when shoved their face but can see things that aren't their ( like WMD's) when their snake oil selling masters tell them. ( One wouldn't want to lose one's sacred tax cuts , would one? ) Your oblivion proves it .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<Yes- both he and Madeline Albright found out that they were descended from Czech Jews>>

"Found out," my ass. 

Hiding it for as long as they could get away with it (for obvious reasons of political ambition, not wanting to piss off any potential supporters who might also happen to be anti-Semites) is by far the likeliest scenario.

Mucho

<<Yes- both he and Madeline Albright found out that they were descended from Czech Jews>>

"Found out," my ass. 

Hiding it for as long as they could get away with it (for obvious reasons of political ambition, not wanting to piss off any potential supporters who might also happen to be anti-Semites) is by far the likeliest scenario.

I would probably agree with you about Kerry. Marrying a multi-millionheiress is it's own reward. Mad Albright , however, does appear to be genuinely pleased about her Jewish ancestors. Mr Geo Allen Jr reacted like he was asked if he had stopped beating his wife when he was asked, however.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Re: If any Jew had conisdered voting for Geo Jr #2 , this would squelch it for s
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 02:52:05 AM »
ROFL

I love how you can't even figure out how to quote properly.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 04:06:32 AM »
Would anyone like top hear about my Pict ancestors?

Alas ,I know not how to prepare and wear woad.

http://www.tylwythteg.com/pict1.html

Well, I never knew this....
Says here they were "designs pricked into their skin...."
' This is usually interpreted in the light of Julius Caesar's comment "All the 'Britanni' paint themselves with woad which produces a bluish coloring.' Other, later, classical writers repeat this claim, often narrowing the application to inhabitants of the northern part of Britain and making reference to "puncturing" rather than "painting". The popular interpretation that developed might best be summed up by the early 7th century description by Isidore of Seville who says that the Picts take their name "from the fact that their bodies bear designs pricked into their skins by needles".'
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.