Author Topic: New CNN Poll: Americans Blame Republicans Over Democrats 2 to 1  (Read 2560 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New CNN Poll: Americans Blame Republicans Over Democrats 2 to 1
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:32:06 AM »
<<WASHINGTON (CNN) – A new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll suggests that by a 2-to-1 margin, Americans blame Republicans over Democrats for the financial crisis that has swept across the country the past few weeks — one factor that may have contributed to an apparent increase in Barack Obama’s edge over John McCain in the race for the White House.>>

The poll goes on to demonstrate that Obama has opened up a five-point lead over Insane, obviously [IMHO] due to the financial crisis and [IMHO] also due to Insane's incredibly stupid remarks that the fundamentals are strong, which has to rank in terms of sheer stupidity right up there with sirs' "This country was founded on conservative principles."

I actually can't see this thing going any way other than landslide.  You've got, on the one hand, a couple of what can only be described charitably as morons running against a Constitutional Law Professor/Harvard Law School magna cum laude graduate, and a veteran, knowledgeable political insider who doesn't add much lustre to the ticket, but isn't even needed.  There is the brilliance of Obama's choice -- he didn't really need a superstar beside him, he IS the superstar.  All he needed was someone who wouldn't embarrass him.  And conversely, there you see the ineptitude and terrible misjudgment of John Insane - - his choice of VP, not only an embarrassment to him personally, but an actual THREAT to the lunchbucket crowd and a total turnoff to every self-respecting woman in the country, who are generally a lot more concerned about their sexual and reproductive freedom than they are about moose-hunting.

<<In the new survey, released Monday afternoon, 47 percent of registered voters questioned say Republicans are more responsible for the problems currently facing financial institutions and the stock market, with 24 percent saying Democrats are more responsible. One in five of those polled blame both parties equally, and 8 percent say neither party is to blame.>>

Turning to this group, I have to say that I am struck once again by the terrible gulf that seems to exist between Republican supporters and the real world.  The fantastic and unbelievable theories that are spun in support of ludicrous propositions, such as - - to pick just one example - - the Democrats are to blame for the financial crisis, despite eight years of Republican rule.  I mean, what is so hard to understand this:  that the incumbent party takes the blame, and a long-time incumbent CANNOT wriggle out of it.

As soon as the magnitude of the bail-out became known - - $700 billion of taxpayers' money - - it should have been instantly apparent to every member of this board that the election was effectively over.  Only the most die-hard racist in the world could stand by and see $700 billion of his and his fellow citizens' tax money stolen and then go on to reward the very watchdogs who had allowed it all to happen right under their fucking noses.

Well, this won't stop the die-hards from blaming the Democrats, insisting that McCain can still pull it off, etc.  But if anything COULD, this would.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: New CNN Poll: Americans Blame Republicans Over Democrats 2 to 1
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:42:43 AM »
yeah sure ....
is that why NoBama & McCain are neck and neck
when NoBama should be at least 10 points ahead?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94617115
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:50:23 AM »
is that why OBama & McGeezer are neck and neck
when OBama should be at least 10 points ahead?

The reason is racism, plain and simple.

Never in the history of this country has any party ever been more deserving of being trounced into the dirt than the asshole Republicans. They have failed at defense, at war, and now have fu*cked up the economy.

Watch them go down in smoke and flames.

They are doomed.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »
Perhaps the reason Obama is not skyrocketing up the polls is that people do realize this is just not a Wall Street issue, it is a kitchen table bread and butter issue and they are queasy about Obama's lack of leadership on this issue. He is still AWOL after all.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »
yeah sure ....
is that why NoBama & McCain are neck and neck
when NoBama should be at least 10 points ahead?

I love this new line. After the convention there was a real enthusiasm amongst the right wing that the conflict in Georgia and Sarah Palin would carry an easy victory right into the White House.

Now it is, "well, Obama should really be ahead by 10 points...not 5."

What a pathetic lowering of expectations.

By the way, how is that war against Iran coming along?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 01:49:14 PM »
yeah sure ....is that why NoBama & McCain are neck and neck when NoBama should be at least 10 points ahead?

I love this new line. After the convention there was a real enthusiasm amongst the right wing that the conflict in Georgia and Sarah Palin would carry an easy victory right into the White House.

Say What??  Examples please.  Obama has ALWAYS been the front runner, given the 24/7 MSM bashing of Bush, the GOP, and the insidious McCain = Bush III mantra, also pushed 24/7.  The convention brought "hope" to the ticket, that was sorely lacking, that's for sure, but was going to be "an easy victory right into the White House".?? I don't think so, and I saw the convention, and am 1 of those supposed members of the "Right Wing"

I'm on record as saying things don't bode well for Obama, since the Palin nomination, but that's a FAR cry from expecting some certain victory, that ironically the left is dancing all around now singing, with the misrepresentation of McCain's comments on the economy.  And there you have both Xo & Tee implying how stupid & racist the country must be if he isn't elected.  No critical commentary on those proclamations?

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 01:59:07 PM »

I speak for myself and no one else. If you are implying that I EVER stated there
would be an "easy victory" you are a liar and should confine yourself to a confessional.

Now it is, "well, Obama should really be ahead by 10 points...not 5."

It's not now, it is a fact that with a very unpopular president after 8 years the
Taxocrats should be farfar  ahead. Read you'll see reality once again supports
my stance and is not based lies.

What a pathetic lowering of expectations.

What's pathetic is your lies/implications about my views.

By the way, how is that war against Iran coming along?

Just yesterday Labor's Ehud Barak & opposition leader Likud's Binyamin Netanyahu
are coming together as a coalition(a shock in and of itself) to deal with Iran.
Hopefully the people of Israel will approve and the bombing of Iran can begin.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 01:59:28 PM »
And there you have both Xo & Tee implying how stupid & racist the country must be if he isn't elected.  No critical commentary on those proclamations?

From what I gathered from Plane's poll that he posted, the nation is stupid and racist, though it has little to do with the election except that Republicans tend to be more racist than others (from the poll).

Listen to your post:

"given the 24/7 MSM bashing of Bush, the GOP" - victimhood again lowering the standard
"McCain = Bush III mantra" - Obama's campaign getting their message across
"with the misrepresentation of McCain's comments on the economy" - part of public life, for both individuals

Honestly, I watched McCain on 60 Minutes and was somewhat impressed.

But this...first CU4 and your crying, that's just awful Sirs. Going to find someone else to blame?

Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »
Wow CU4.

I do have to agree that one would think that the people wouldn't elect someone from the same party as one of the worst presidents that modern history has known. (Hell, one of the worst leaders of any democratic nation that modern history has known).

Yet, that wasn't the tune I heard earlier. My point is not anything you or Sirs said verbatim (and you'll notice that I used no quotation marks - sheesh, defensive aren't y'all?). It was the attitude, which in fairness had some historical events surrounding it that pointed to an opening for Senator McCain.

I certainly wouldn't rule out McCain or Obama winning this election as 2000 proved it really is a matter of electoral votes, not popular votes. The two states that will matter most (in my opinion) will be Colorado and New Mexico (barring any major historical events between now and early November).

As for your rant, stop crying and try and remain a little less defeatist.

Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 03:17:03 PM »
Js, ok if you honestly were not referring to me then I suppose it was a bit strong.

But really I have not been confident EVER in John McCain's chances.

Senator McCain was not my choice in the primaries, I in fact voted for Hillary.

Yes Governor Palin obviously helped Senator McCain and it seems to be a real race now,
but I think all observers are calling this a "democrat year" and the odds are in your favor.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 03:20:58 PM »
It's Obama's to lose.

And he might just do that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »
And there you have both Xo & Tee implying how stupid & racist the country must be if he isn't elected.  No critical commentary on those proclamations?

From what I gathered from Plane's poll that he posted, the nation is stupid and racist, though it has little to do with the election except that Republicans tend to be more racist than others (from the poll).

And from Tee, and Xo just recently, their explanations are how stupid and/or racist the coutry still must be, to explain why Obama's not front running, or if he were to lose

Listen to your post: ...Honestly, I watched McCain on 60 Minutes and was somewhat impressed.

But this...first CU4 and your crying, that's just awful Sirs. Going to find someone else to blame?

I see....so no examples?  Just cry about my supposed crying??  I'd almost refer to that as deflection effort.  At minimum, it's presenting a false premise,(RW as singing the praises of McCain/Palin just waltzing right into the White House) then demonstrate how said false premise is refuted, (by way of how the right is inquiring why Obama isn't up by 10+points), passing right over the fact it was a false premise to begin with
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 05:28:57 PM »
You know, all this BS about where Obama SHOULD be is pointless.  First of all it's unverifiable.  Secondly, it's irrelevant.

The fact is, he's five points ahead.  The fact is, America is one of the most racist countries in the world, so if a black guy is 5% of the white guy, I might as well say that the white guy is so bad that any white opponent would be ahead by 25% if the woulda-coulda-shoulda argument has any relevance at all.

As somebody pointed out here earlier, 5% in the popular vote usually translates into a landslide in the Electoral College.  To all intents and purposes, the McCain campaign is dead in the water.

But wait, McCain fans, it gets worse.  McCain is a moron.  5th last in a class of 800 in a military academy.  Lower than that it's almost impossible to imagine.  Unless of course Palin is dragged into the equation.  SHE'S so fucking dumb, they won't even let her hold press conferences in public, and they had to create special rules for her to debate Joe Biden.  Biden is a smart, experienced pol and Obama, of course, as I love to keep reminding sirs et al., is a magna cum laude grad of Harvard Law, editor of its Law Review and Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago.  Now we've all seen the monumental fuck-ups that the idiot McCain is capable of when left to his own devices, from the "Afghan-Iraq border," to the claim that Shi'ite Iran was sponsoring the Sunni al Qaeda in Iraq resistance fighters, to the "fundamentals of our economy are strong," etc. etc. etc.  The list of his stupidities goes a long, long way.  In the coming weeks, as the pressure builds on the silver-haired fraud, he's headed into the final weeks with a five-point deficit.  He's already proven himself to be a fucking idiot, in spades, but there are five more weeks to go.  Does anyone really think this ancient war criminal is not gonna blow it?  And as to the chances of Obama making similar errors - - really, guys, he's a fucking Law Professor: what are the odds?

richpo64

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 05:43:11 PM »
>>As somebody pointed out here earlier, 5% in the popular vote usually translates into a landslide in the Electoral College.<<

Who was that? Whomever it was is dead wrong. If polls show Barry and the idiot up by 5% the week before the election it will be a landslide alright. A landslide for McCain/Palin.

If what the leftist drive-by media has been telling is true about what America thinks about Republicans, Barry and the idiot should be 20 points ahead and yet they trail in Ohio .... OHIO!

t-r-o-u-b-l-e

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 05:46:06 PM »
Js, ok if you honestly were not referring to me then I suppose it was a bit strong.

But really I have not been confident EVER in John McCain's chances.

Senator McCain was not my choice in the primaries, I in fact voted for Hillary.

Yes Governor Palin obviously helped Senator McCain and it seems to be a real race now,
but I think all observers are calling this a "democrat year" and the odds are in your favor.

Not my favor...I'm not a Democrat and I've yet to decide who I'm voting for (though admittedly in TN it won't much matter).
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster