Author Topic: Ford rules out DNC role  (Read 1324 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ford rules out DNC role
« on: November 13, 2006, 02:07:56 PM »
Monday, November 13, 2006

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. declared Monday he has no interest in chairing the Democratic National Committee, tamping down speculation he would challenge current chairman Howard Dean for the post.

"I have just finished a tough Senate election, and while I care about the future direction of my party, I am not interested in taking over the DNC," the Tennessee Democrat said in a statement released by his campaign. "We are now the majority party in the House and Senate, and it is time to move beyond the politics of the campaign and work towards bringing the country together around a common agenda that will strengthen us at home and abroad."

Ford unsuccessfully sought retiring Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist's, R-Tennessee, seat. He leaves office when the 110th Congress convenes early next year and has given no indication as to his future plans.

"The attention of the world is upon us and it is time the Democratic Party take the country in a new direction," Ford stated.

-- CNN Political Editor Mark Preston

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ford rules out DNC role
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »
I can't believe he'd not be interested when the whole of the internet was enraged by the idea.

::)