Author Topic: O Noooooooo! NEW McCain Lies! Big Ones! This Can't Be Good. Can It?  (Read 3529 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: O Noooooooo! NEW McCain Lies! Big Ones! This Can't Be Good. Can It?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 03:11:54 AM »
<<Circumstantial evidence says his credentials might in fact be sullied. >>

Pretty thin, BT.  Circumstantial evidence says McCain is highly abusive and in very disgusting and vile ways, to women.  THAT you can bank on.

But get back to me if anything solid turns up on Schechter.  I try to keep an open mind on these things.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 03:39:23 AM »
Can you think of any reason he isn't working during the high income periods of his chosen career?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
Can I think of any reason why a writer isn't working at any particular point in time?  Yeah, how much time have you got?  I can think of a few:
- lack of opportunity in a highly competitive field
- writer's block
- researching a new book (a friend of ours took four years for her last one)
- blacklisting
- legal problems
- more lucrative opportunity in another field
- kicking back, coasting on royalties
- alcoholism, drug addiction
- other illnesses
- family priorities

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 09:18:51 AM »
But get back to me if anything solid turns up on Schechter.  I try to keep an open mind on these things.

I asked for a list of his previous books about two weeks ago so I can check on how "unsullied" his career is.

Still seem to be waiting for that list.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 10:58:45 AM »
<<I asked for a list of his previous books about two weeks ago so I can check on how "unsullied" his career is.

<<Still seem to be waiting for that list.>>

You asked ME for the list?  Sorry, I didn't realize, or I would have answered right away.  I don't know anything about the guy.  Obviously if he'd been previously busted for making stuff up, the Republicans woulda bin all over the guy like flies on shit.  Unsullied means if the Republicans haven't dug up any dirt on the guy by now, it's because there ain't none to dig.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
Unsullied means if the Republicans haven't dug up any dirt on the guy by now, it's because there ain't none to dig.

Hey, you're the one going on about how great a writer he is, and no one can find anything wrong with his previous books.

Probably because there were no previous books. All of his previous "good publishing experience" that qualifies him for this book is his blog posts and forum posts attacking the Bush administration. Pretty much the same experience you have.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »
<<You are the one recommending ads going after McCain about the Keating 5 even though he was exonerated.>>

Exonerated my ass.  It was a whitewash.  The ads - - and I took great pains to point this out - - were to be limited to the actual facts of the case INCLUDING video clips of Americans who had been ruined by Charles Keating; they were to refer to the fact that the Senate Ethics Committee had found McCain had done nothing wrong; and the viewer would be asked if he or she also thought that McCain had done nothing wrong.

McCain sins were whitewashed by Democrats?