Author Topic: Ok, it is time for those on the right to get serious  (Read 1327 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ok, it is time for those on the right to get serious
« on: September 25, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »
Anyone who watches this bit of tape of Couric's interview of Palin has got to admit, she's unprepared.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/25/palin-bailout-healthcare/

Palin: ‘What The Bailout Does Is Help Those Who Are Concerned About Health Care Reform’»
This morning on the CBS Early Show, Katie Couric previewed the second half of her interview with Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK). During the interview, Couric asked Palin why she believes the Wall Street bailout is needed.

Palin responded incoherently by claiming that the bailout would “help those who are concerned about health care reform.” Palin then appeared to look down at her notes and says, “Oh, it’s got to be all about job creation”:

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? … Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: Ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npUMUASwaec&eurl=http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/25/palin-bailout-healthcare/

Guys, come on, after all the nonsense about Obama reading from a teleprompter, here now is Palin checking notecards during an interview!

And how does the bailout help folks worrying about health care?

Now, if Obama is stupid because he uses a teleprompter to give a half hour speech to thousands of people, what does that make Palin who has to check notes for answers in a one-on-one?

THAT, my friends, is terrifying to me.

This has got to stop.  She is woefully unprepared and unqualified.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ok, it is time for those on the right to get serious
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:53:33 PM »
Seriously Brass, you ought not be dissing your own candidate like this.  Palin's "qualifications" to be President, are no better than Obama's.  And she's not even running for it.  Now, if we were talking about "qualifications" to teach at a university, then I'd concede Obama would have a head's up on that.  If we're talking about "qualifications" to lead a large throng of people, akin to like....oh, an entire state, then I'm afraid Palin has the leg up on that.

The more you keep making this about Obama vs Palin, the more you diminish Obama as a Presidential candidate.  And the more you try to rail about Palin's so called unpreparedness, the more you higlight the same of Obama's

But by all means, continue
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 04:23:52 PM »
Guys, come on, after all the nonsense about Obama reading from a teleprompter, here now is Palin checking notecards during an interview!

About the same .

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
Seriously Brass, you ought not be dissing your own candidate like this.  Palin's "qualifications" to be President, are no better than Obama's.  And she's not even running for it.  Now, if we were talking about "qualifications" to teach at a university, then I'd concede Obama would have a head's up on that.  If we're talking about "qualifications" to lead a large throng of people, akin to like....oh, an entire state, then I'm afraid Palin has the leg up on that.

The more you keep making this about Obama vs Palin, the more you diminish Obama as a Presidential candidate.  And the more you try to rail about Palin's so called unpreparedness, the more you higlight the same of Obama's

But by all means, continue

Nice try, sirs.

The Palin choice is indicative of McCain's judgement.  Anyone who would put someone so solidly unqualified to be the president so close to the presidency should not be allowed to be on any ballot.

Palin is a poor choice for President, VP, Governor, dog catcher.

She can't speak coherently on the simplest of subjects.  Obama can speak extemporaneously on any number of subjects and if he can't, he has the common freaking sense to say he doesn't know.

Any one of us here is more qualified to be president than Sarah Palin.  I'd almost vote for Rich before I'd vote for president before I'd vote for Palin.  At least, he knows the basics of the bailout situation.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 04:59:51 PM »

About the same .

That's some progress, I think.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 05:07:54 PM »

Nice try, sirs.  The Palin choice is indicative of McCain's judgement.  

LOL...and the Obama choice is indicative of the Dem's judgement.  And the relationship's Obama has cultivated with the likes of Ayers & Wright, are indicative of Obama's judgement.  Winner, McCain

Anyone who would put someone so solidly unqualified to be the president so close to the presidency should not be allowed to be on any ballot.

And anyone who'd put someone so solidly unqualified to actually be the President, should not be allowed to vote.  We can play this game all day Brass, so if you want to keep making this between, Palin & Obama, please, continue

Palin is a poor choice for President, VP, Governor, dog catcher.

Ditto, on Obama then

She can't speak coherently on the simplest of subjects. 

No worse than Obama, without the teleprompter.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 05:16:33 PM »
Obama taught law.

Palin can't give an interview without notecards.

Who is qualified?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
Obama taught law.

Who is qualified?
Palin ran a business.

Obama can't live without his teleprompter.

Thirteen is a prime number.

Margret Thatcher was a Prime minister.

Who is qualified?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
Obama taught law.

Who is qualified?

To teach?  Already conceded, that'd be Obama.  To lead, that'd be a toss up given BOTH their resume's in lack of experience and "unpreparedness".  Nod to Palin, given her executive experience, and President being an executive position.  Good thing she's only being groomed in the VP slot.  Too bad Obama couldn't have done the same.  Again reinforces how bad a judgement the entire Democrat party exhibited in nominating him