Author Topic: Bush Offers Last Best FU To His Own Base  (Read 3061 times)

richpo64

Re: Bush Offers Last Best FU To His Own Base
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »
>>Never blame for the "president" who looked the other way for EIGHT SOLID YEARS ... <<

I'll be happy to throw whomever is responsible under the bus however, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about Brass. Bush, along with Congressional (and some dems I imagine) tried to put the brakes on this in 2003 only to be told to take a hike by Frank and Pelosi.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »
So, NO, it's not "always someone else", it's simply not ALL GOP and the Evil Bush    ::)

If you will agree that it is, indeed, EVERYONE'S FAULT, then we would have consensus between at least you and I.

Yes, we have a consensus
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
Finally!

Now, what to do about?

I fully admit, I haven't a clue how the financial markets work or exactly how it all worked together to create the perfect storm.  And I'll be honest, I'm not exactly convinced that there actually is a problem.

I'm leaning more and more towards not giving the corporations a dime.  It seems to me that we got here without regulation and with people just making up reality all around.

Either everyone gets a check or nobody gets a check.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »
I vote "nobody", if those are the only 2 options, I'm given
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 04:55:48 PM »
So, NO, it's not "always someone else", it's simply not ALL GOP and the Evil Bush    ::)

If you will agree that it is, indeed, EVERYONE'S FAULT, then we would have consensus between at least you and I.

Yes, we have a consensus

There does seem to be plenty of blame to go around, and few satisfactory explanations at this point.

I have a lot of mortgage myself , I am current on payments , so what has my participation meant to this situation?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 05:00:40 PM »

I'm open to any and all suggestions you might want to put forth.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 05:02:14 PM »

There does seem to be plenty of blame to go around, and few satisfactory explanations at this point.

I have a lot of mortgage myself , I am current on payments , so what has my participation meant to this situation?

I haven't a clue.  What do you think it should have meant?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »

I haven't a clue.  What do you think it should have meant?

As far as I know I am not hurt , though one of my Mortguages just changed hands.

Also as far as I know , I haven't caused hurt .

Yay me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

I'm open to any and all suggestions you might want to put forth.

You're not going to like my suggestions, as they put a premium on minimizing the amount of Federal meddling & manipulating, and instead focuses on the more appropriate role they play, that of oversight.

We could move on from that point with ideas and brainstorming, unless you're ready to barrage my post with a volley of how selfish & uncaring I'm supposed to be

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 06:21:18 PM »
As far as I know I am not hurt , though one of my Mortguages just changed hands.

Also as far as I know , I haven't caused hurt .

Yay me.

So, as far as we can tell, you are not to blame in any way.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 06:31:43 PM »

You're not going to like my suggestions, as they put a premium on minimizing the amount of Federal meddling & manipulating, and instead focuses on the more appropriate role they play, that of oversight.

We could move on from that point with ideas and brainstorming, unless you're ready to barrage my post with a volley of how selfish & uncaring I'm supposed to be

Seriously, I'm very interested and not trying to pick a fight.  Believe me, I'm against the bailout too but I think it's because I don't want the rich to get richer at the poor's expense rather than an ideological stance on federal government.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 07:15:12 PM »
Ok, let's see what kind of "compromise" can be achieved.....in fact....let's start a new thread....