Author Topic: Boat Anchorism Coming on Hard  (Read 12471 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Boat Anchorism Coming on Hard
« on: September 26, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »
I just got the date wrong. 

She'll be gone OCTOBER 12TH, not September 12th.  My bad.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Boat Anchorism Coming on Hard
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:41:08 PM »
You probably don't want that Brass.

The more people are looking at Palin the less they are looking at Obama.

That is to your benefit.

And you don't want Obama leaping ahead in the polls . The press will dump him like last nights one night stand.

They are fickle like that.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:02:18 AM »
I don't know, dude.  If he were to dump her Oct 12th, that would be two weeks till the election.  Could a switch like that work in his favor over two weeks after allowing all of you to fall in love with Palin and letting all of you proclaim she is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Wouldn't he risk losing millions of voter who just throw up their hands and stay home rather than vote for some dumbass who made all his choices in the campaign based on what allowed him to control the news cycles daily?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 02:10:17 AM »
I've been watching the full interviews with Couric and Palin does OK. She zinged Couric when she mentioned polls and did a little finger twirl about Obama and his finger in the wind. You could see Couric flash daggers at her.

Yeah Palin is a little rough around the edges. She's Target, not Neiman Marcus. That is what really scares the shit out of those who bash her at every turn. She is the great American unwashed. Hometown girl done good.

She does know what a gallon of milk costs today. She does know what they are teaching in the schools, her kids attend them. She knows how to do a budget, government and home.  She apparently uses smiley faces, which would normally be enough to cost my vote.

She'll do fine when debating Biden. She'll be a fine VP.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 02:16:18 AM »
Palin is totally unqualified to be president. My cat could be a fine VP, actually. She could sit solemnly through state funerals and sit in the Senate, with no ties to break because the Democrats are going to have a clear majority. Of course, my cat does like to lick her ass, and I have yet to see Palin do that.

This debate was hardly the end of the process. It won't be over til it's over.

McCain would be a mild improvement over Juniorbush.

Obama would be a great improvement.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 02:23:26 AM »
Palin is totally unqualified to be president.

How is Palin less qualified than Truman was? Or Jimmy Carter?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 02:31:42 AM »
I've been watching the full interviews with Couric and Palin does OK. She zinged Couric when she mentioned polls and did a little finger twirl about Obama and his finger in the wind. You could see Couric flash daggers at her.

Yeah Palin is a little rough around the edges. She's Target, not Neiman Marcus. That is what really scares the shit out of those who bash her at every turn. She is the great American unwashed. Hometown girl done good.

She does know what a gallon of milk costs today. She does know what they are teaching in the schools, her kids attend them. She knows how to do a budget, government and home.  She apparently uses smiley faces, which would normally be enough to cost my vote.

She'll do fine when debating Biden. She'll be a fine VP.

No, BT, you are making a terrible error in judgment.  You are trying to paint her as "one of us" or "folksy".  She is none of this stuff.  This is her "image" and that is all.

We joke about how perception is reality all the time but this is not even close to perception or reality.  The McCain campaign is acting like they're trying to sell the American people a F150 with a trailer hitch and you are trying to say, "Hey, we know she's not a F150 with a trailer hitch but it's ok because we understand that she's good old-fashioned '74 pickup with a chain on the bumper that runs good and gets the job done and that's just fine.  Hell, in some ways we prefer it!"

The sad reality, of which you are willing remaining ignorant, is that she is neither.  In reality, she is a pile of cardboard boxes stacked in the silhouette of a pickup truck.  And that's not just ludicrous or ridiculous, it is dangerous and frankly, calls in to question McCain's judgment and, yes, his faculties.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 02:48:30 AM »
You are trying to paint her as "one of us" or "folksy".  She is none of this stuff.  This is her "image" and that is all.

How does a cardboard silhouette get elected to the city council of a town twice as well as mayor of that same town and then go on to get elected governor in a major upset.

She is good at what she does and she is real good at connecting with ordinary people.

The same day she was announced as McCains running mate she was asked about her experience to be VP. She said she had been in govt for 13 years. No big deal. Except for one thing. The reporter asked that question of her in a grocery store and she was pushing a grocery card.

I don't think it gets any more real than that.

Me thinks you are believing what you want to believe.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 03:13:18 AM »
You are trying to paint her as "one of us" or "folksy".  She is none of this stuff.  This is her "image" and that is all.

How does a cardboard silhouette get elected to the city council of a town twice as well as mayor of that same town and then go on to get elected governor in a major upset.

She is good at what she does and she is real good at connecting with ordinary people.

The same day she was announced as McCains running mate she was asked about her experience to be VP. She said she had been in govt for 13 years. No big deal. Except for one thing. The reporter asked that question of her in a grocery store and she was pushing a grocery card.

I don't think it gets any more real than that.

Me thinks you are believing what you want to believe.

Dude, Please drop this facade.  It's really depressing.  You guys are just saying this stuff as a big FU to everybody who is pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.  Just like your slavish devotion to Bush these last four or five years. 

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Cafferty_to_Blitzer_Dont_make_excuses_0926.html

You cannot watch that video and believe, after having seen Obama speak on any number of subjects tonight and knowing that Biden is so experienced and knowledgeable that McCain plus Palin is > Obama plus Biden.

I never thought I'd say this but W was smarter and more qualified by leaps and bounds to be president in 2000 than she is.  It is simply egotistical to insist that this woman should be allowed to sit in readiness to be the president of this nation.

I know, I know, "how horrible is it that you hate women, Bryan and don't want a woman to be VP?  I thought liberals were for women's equality?"  Blah, blah, blah, snark and sarcasm.  You guys have some kind of crazy deathwish with this woman and I just wish you'd get over it before you get us all killed.  It's bad enough you put Bush in office TWICE (with a lot of help from SCOTUS, Katherine Harris and Blackwell in Ohio and your good friends at Diebold). 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 03:43:39 AM »
Dude, Please drop this facade.  It's really depressing.  You guys are just saying this stuff as a big FU to everybody who is pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.

How about I am saying it because it is true.

New concept for you, but i have always been ahead of the curve.

Forgive me, but i have to get personal with you.

Remember when you asked me what public office was like because your wife was entertaining thoughts of running for the school board or some local office.

She's real, right? Mother of your kid, who is growing up nicely, and soulmate to you.

Would you think it OK for people to treat her anywhere as nasty as they are treating Palin?

Is that what the game has become? Disagree with someone politically, and disembowel them?

WTF kind of country has this become?

Do you not think that Palin has a Benjamin and a Brass and that she took a fork in the road and next thing you know she is running for VP. That is right, she is not Obama's opponent.

Look. I have talked to a lot of people in elective office over the last few years. And the consistent answer as to why they ran is because they want to leave their city, county or state better than they found it.

This whole thing of politics as blood sport is nonsense. That's just crap from people who don't have alternate solutions to the issues. Present that, let the people decide instead of eviscerating your political opposites.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:07:01 AM by BT »

richpo64

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 09:15:09 AM »
Excellent.

Knutey

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 12:01:50 PM »
Dude, Please drop this facade.  It's really depressing.  You guys are just saying this stuff as a big FU to everybody who is pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.

>How about I am saying it because it is true. <

Nothing a Repub says is true. Everyone but y'all know that now. GWB is the embodiment of it. You know he is lying cause his lips are moving to paraphrase a salesman joke.

>New concept for you, but i have always been ahead of the curve. <

And so very humble as well.

>Forgive me, but i have to get personal with you. <

I thought we werent to do that in here.

>Remember when you asked me what public office was like because your wife was entertaining thoughts of running for the school board or some local office. <

I wouldnt advise even my worst enemy to go into politics. You only get grief if you are honest and grief and rich if you are dishonest.

>She's real, right? Mother of your kid, who is growing up nicely, and soulmate to you.<

Oh please- Why lay it on this thick? You are gettig saccharine now.

>Would you think it OK for people to treat her anywhere as nasty as they are treating Palin? <

The people that are the nastiest to her are McCain for getting her into this mess and herself for not having enough self awareness to know she is not up to it. I quess stupid folks dont think of themseves as stupid

>Is that what the game has become? Disagree with someone politically, and disembowel them?<

Actually this started with y'all hounding Bill to the gates of hell for accepting a blow job

>WTF kind of country has this become?

You should know. You created it. <

Do you not think that Palin has a Benjamin and a Brass and that she took a fork in the road and next thing you know she is running for VP. That is right, she is not Obama's opponent.

>She took the wrong fork and she has become more of O's opponent than the lackluster McCain<

>Look. I have talked to a lot of people in elective office over the last few years. And the consistent answer as to why they ran is because they want to leave their city, county or state better than they found it. <

Raw Bullshit.Really swallowed by vous . Any one would say such shit if asked but  there might be a rare Dem that really wants to do something, but they  are soon corrupted. Repubs are only self-interested by either stealing via their influence or at very minimum protecting their pocketbooks through no or less taxes. You have  admitted as much in the past

>This whole thing of politics as blood sport is nonsense. That's just crap from people who don't have alternate solutions to the issues. Present that, let the people decide instead of eviscerating your political opposites. <

Once again the blood sport started with y'all RW haters of Bill. I have never seen a Repub solution that entailed much more than a tax cut or giveaway to rich people and corporations such as the current bailout proposal. If you want the people to really decide stop swiftboating your opponents.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 12:10:32 PM »
How is Palin less qualified than Truman was? Or Jimmy Carter?

Truman had been a US Senator, who, on his own initiative, drove to various army bases and revealed major incompetence and graft.

Jimmy Carter was the governor of a real state (one that actually has to tax its citizens, that actually HAS a decent number of citizens, who came up with an extensive plan for zero-based budgeting.

None of his kids got preggers before marriage.He never claimed that creationism was worth a second glance. At no point did Carter say that all abortions, even in cases of rape and incest, were immoral.

Despite Palin's incompetence to be president, McCain won't drop her. If he did a lot of rightwing fundies would vote fpor Barr or just stay home.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »
Truman had been a US Senator, who, on his own initiative, drove to various army bases and revealed major incompetence and graft.

I don't see how this differs from Palin's work on the Ethics Committee

Jimmy Carter was the governor of a real state (one that actually has to tax its citizens, that actually HAS a decent number of citizens, who came up with an extensive plan for zero-based budgeting.

Alaska is a real state with it's own set of problems, population is irrelevant, and Palin was known for cutting budgets.

None of his kids got preggers before marriage.He never claimed that creationism was worth a second glance. At no point did Carter say that all abortions, even in cases of rape and incest, were immoral.

... Carter said, "I've never been convinced, if you let me inject my Christianity into it, that Jesus Christ would approve abortion."

Don't know about Amy, but there is a damn good chance Chip knocked up some girls back in the day. He was a wild one.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 01:41:13 PM »

>How about I am saying it because it is true. <

Nothing a Repub says is true. Everyone but y'all know that now. GWB is the embodiment of it. You know he is lying cause his lips are moving to paraphrase a salesman joke.

>New concept for you, but i have always been ahead of the curve. <

And so very humble as well.

>Forgive me, but i have to get personal with you. <

I thought we werent to do that in here.

>Remember when you asked me what public office was like because your wife was entertaining thoughts of running for the school board or some local office. <

I wouldnt advise even my worst enemy to go into politics. You only get grief if you are honest and grief and rich if you are dishonest.

>She's real, right? Mother of your kid, who is growing up nicely, and soulmate to you.<

Oh please- Why lay it on this thick? You are gettig saccharine now.

>Would you think it OK for people to treat her anywhere as nasty as they are treating Palin? <

The people that are the nastiest to her are McCain for getting her into this mess and herself for not having enough self awareness to know she is not up to it. I quess stupid folks dont think of themseves as stupid

>Is that what the game has become? Disagree with someone politically, and disembowel them?<

Actually this started with y'all hounding Bill to the gates of hell for accepting a blow job

>WTF kind of country has this become?

You should know. You created it. <

>She took the wrong fork and she has become more of O's opponent than the lackluster McCain<

>Look. I have talked to a lot of people in elective office over the last few years. And the consistent answer as to why they ran is because they want to leave their city, county or state better than they found it. <

Raw Bullshit.Really swallowed by vous . Any one would say such shit if asked but  there might be a rare Dem that really wants to do something, but they  are soon corrupted. Repubs are only self-interested by either stealing via their influence or at very minimum protecting their pocketbooks through no or less taxes. You have  admitted as much in the past

>This whole thing of politics as blood sport is nonsense. That's just crap from people who don't have alternate solutions to the issues. Present that, let the people decide instead of eviscerating your political opposites. <

Once again the blood sport started with y'all RW haters of Bill. I have never seen a Repub solution that entailed much more than a tax cut or giveaway to rich people and corporations such as the current bailout proposal. If you want the people to really decide stop swiftboating your opponents.

I'll have to give you credit for being consistent.