Author Topic: Wow, what a horrible day for McCain, the Right  (Read 6688 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wow, what a horrible day for McCain, the Right
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »
come on knutey, ya just admitted ya got schooled by one of those "right wing morons" so ya had to learn something!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Knutey

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
come on knutey, ya just admitted ya got schooled by one of those "right wing morons" so ya had to learn something!
He didnt teach me anything. I already knew I could be wrong about something.Usually insignificant "facts" in which Ami specializes. That is the savant part. He can probly add up all the numbers an a passing railroad train and be right, but it doesnt mean anything.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »
The one where I proved that points are indeed interest but you probly dont think so because you dont have the savant part.

Origination fees ("points") are as much interest as mortgage insurance premiums. In other words, they're not.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »
Origination fees ("points") are as much interest as mortgage insurance premiums. In other words, they're not.

They are based on th amount of the loan and are added to the amount owed.
Basically they are a bribe to get the bank to accept the mortgage. The borrower gets nothing in exchange for points.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »
The one where I proved that points are indeed interest but you probly dont think so because you dont have the savant part.

So much for that "1"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 03:17:18 AM »
The borrower gets nothing in exchange for points.

The borrower gets a reduced interest rate for points.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »
The borrower gets nothing in exchange for points.

The borrower gets a reduced interest rate for points.

=========================================
The bank says the loan is x.x% and x points, take it or leave it.
The bank does not offer any alternative. You pay the rate, or you walk out the door and get no loan.
You pay the points or you walk out the door and no loan.

This may not be what the bank official says, but that is the way it is.
You'd have better luck negotiating the price of a beer in a biker bar.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 09:53:31 AM »
The bank says the loan is x.x% and x points, take it or leave it.
The bank does not offer any alternative. You pay the rate, or you walk out the door and get no loan.
You pay the points or you walk out the door and no loan.

Not in my experience. The lender always offered several options, some with points, some without. The options with points were always a lower interest rate. I took these when I could get the seller to cough up the points.

Knutey

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 10:29:48 AM »

Due to the request of one of the few near normal in this forum  I am not going to discuss your favorite topic, you , anymore after I say this.  You must be a very insecure person to continue to insist on having to be right even in the face of overwhelming proof and nearly universal acceptance of your wrongness. Truly rich folks do not need to showoff their wealth and truly intelligent fols dont feel compelled to display their intelligence either. This  weakness will eventually lead to your disastrous failure and the higher you go the greater the failure will be. The best example of this is your hero the Bushidiot.He is an stubborn fool  but rose to the highest office in the land by hook and by crook. He has since fallen to the lowest approval of any Pres and will go down in history as the most despised. This is because he is unable to admit a mistake and continues to torture reality , the truth and even people to insist on his rightness. Sadly , this is the fate awaits you or anyone that twists and distorts the truth for their own ego gratification.I feel very sorry for you.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 12:29:06 PM »
Okay, so, where were we?

So do you think they voted for what they thought was best for their constituents, or did they vote against what they believed was right because they were in a snit? And which would you rather have representing you?

Possibly both, though given the 2:1 reporting I read before of citizens opposed to it, is very likely to be the former, made easier to have been made by the latter.  And since it was voted down, I'm pleased, regardless of their reasoning

I can deal with that. I'm glad it was voted down as well, though I would rather have a representative who voted for what he thought was right than one who voted against something he thought was right, simply because he had his knickers in a wad.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »
Glad we have some concensus
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
Okay, so, where were we?

So do you think they voted for what they thought was best for their constituents, or did they vote against what they believed was right because they were in a snit? And which would you rather have representing you?

Possibly both, though given the 2:1 reporting I read before of citizens opposed to it, is very likely to be the former, made easier to have been made by the latter.  And since it was voted down, I'm pleased, regardless of their reasoning

I can deal with that. I'm glad it was voted down as well, though I would rather have a representative who voted for what he thought was right than one who voted against something he thought was right, simply because he had his knickers in a wad.

I have heard that most of the votes against were cast by Representatives faceing tough opposition , votes for tended to be from Representatives in secure seats.

The idea being , I want this to pass , but I don't want the baggage in my campaign.

I am not certain that this is true , but it would explain the sensitivity to Nancy Pelosi's partizenship...
and it would place the real blame for the hard time the bill is haveing on disgruntled and griping voters.

I kinda like the idea of griping voters tipping the marginal votes and having such a major effect.

One thing I do not like about this bill is that it is growing into a christmass tree , lots of pork has been taped onto it to make it tasty to reps individually. If it is reallythat important to do , why does it need the sweetener?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2008, 09:38:26 AM »
One thing I do not like about this bill is that it is growing into a christmass tree , lots of pork has been taped onto it to make it tasty to reps individually. If it is reallythat important to do , why does it need the sweetener?

The bill is a HUGE piece of pork as it stands. It's free money to bail out people who proved that they were not to be trusted with money in the first place. They had money, and they lent it to people with money down, many of whom had no income or other assets.hey lost a bundle and need more to operate with, and they are going to borrow it, most likely from the Chinese, and stick us all with both the principle and interest, to pay for it. It's not a Christas tree with pieces of pork attached.

It's a huge pork tree, with pieces of lesser pork attached.

The extras are to get more Reps. to vote for it. They refused last time, remember?