Author Topic: Save Sonny  (Read 953 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Religious Dick

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1149
  • Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Save Sonny
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:54:09 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyvx_r4UB9Y[/youtube]
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Religious Dick

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1149
  • Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 10:58:45 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPqA4mcYOEo[/youtube]
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Religious Dick

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1149
  • Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XUsIzvVJsY[/youtube]
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Religious Dick

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1149
  • Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUaRbi1pMFk[/youtube]
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 27916
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:23:52 PM »
This is crap, total bullshit!

Every one of those old people paid into the system.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16138
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:48:11 PM »
Taxing the rich is as fair as means testing seniors to steal their ss checks.

As long as you aren't affected who cares.

Then again maybe all that careful scrimping and investing could come back and bite you in the butt.


Universe Prince

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3660
  • Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 11:50:05 PM »

This is crap, total bullshit!

Every one of those old people paid into the system.


Who said they didn't?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 27916
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 12:27:20 AM »
Taxing the rich is as fair as means testing seniors to steal their ss checks.


=======================================]

Taxing the rich at 39% instead of 33% is the same as taking nearly all of a retiree's income?

No, not even close.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16138
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 12:42:40 AM »
What do people of means need with a ss security check.

That money should go to those who did not have the foresight to plan ahead.



Xavier_Onassis

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 27916
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 10:40:39 AM »
What do people of means need with a ss security check.

That money should go to those who did not have the foresight to plan ahead.


=======================================
Go on, you tell them that. Tell your representative you are for means testing of people who have paid money for their entire lives into a fund they were promised would be paid back to them.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16138
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Save Sonny
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »
Quote
Go on, you tell them that.

NAh, I'll let the mob tell them that. Same as they tell the rich they are going to be hit with higher taxes.

Remember , it is always about other peoples money.

95% of working families will get a tax cut under Obama, the other 5% are on their own.

95% of SS will not see a cut in their SS check, the other 5% are on their own.

I really don't see a difference in the fairness equation. 

Pols Promise, Mob says hell, it ain't happening to me, and discrimination is institutionalized.

Some people are just more equal than others.

So it goes.