Author Topic: Who is Bill Ayers?  (Read 6810 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Who is Bill Ayers?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 01:39:53 AM »
His bombs killed three of his co-conspirators at the minimum.

And then there is the SF bombings.

The issue isn't who has killed more people.

The issue is why is Obama covering up this relationship.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 03:34:47 AM »
Ayers' bomb-planting days were 36 years ago and killed no one.  McCain's bomb-dropping days were maybe 40 years ago and in all likelihood caused horrible agonizing deaths for hundreds if not thousands of human beings, undoubtedly including many women, children and elderly.  McCain has never apologized or regretted a single bomb that he dropped.

I ask you, which of these two men is the bigger criminal? 

I am disgusted by the cowardice of Obama when faced with attacks such as those quoted in this thread. 

What he ought to say in reply is this:  "Bill Ayers is an American hero who tried to stop, in a relatively non-violent way, a war of illegal aggression conducted with absolutely no justification and in violation of all international law regarding humane treatment of prisoners and civilian populations.  I am proud to be associated with Bill, and always will be.  He is one of that courageous generation of student anti-war activists who defined the 1960s and singlehandedly brought an end to our War against Viet Nam.  I only regret that America today has failed to produce an anti-war generation like Bill's.  It is a lasting disgrace to our country and to the human race in general that a real war criminal like John McCain is actually honoured by his Party's nomination for President, while a real American hero like Bill Ayers is subjected to scurrilous attacks by the extreme right-wing fascist press on an almost daily basis."

Hear hear!

Indeed let Obama say exactly that!

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 09:44:15 AM »
<<His bombs killed three of his co-conspirators at the minimum.>>

Accidentally.  Why not just think of them as collateral damage.  You have no problem with collateral damage, do you?

And then there is the SF bombings.

<<The issue isn't who has killed more people.>>

The issue is whether it's worse to associate with non-violent people who have killed nobody except by accident or to actually BE a war criminal whose bombs have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings and maimed, crippled or wounded many thousands more.

<<The issue is why is Obama covering up this relationship. >>

On that you already have my opinon, and need only to look to my last posting on the subject:

<<I am disgusted by the cowardice of Obama when faced with attacks such as those quoted in this thread.  >>

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »
The bottom line is Ayers wasn't some beret wearing dilettante talking tough on the quad.

He was a bomb designer and people died assembling his work.

The myth that no one died is wrong.

The fact that it was accidental has no bearing on the fact that they are dead.

He has blood on his hands.

richpo64

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 09:57:41 AM »
>>The issue is whether it's worse to associate with non-violent people who have killed nobody except by accident or to actually BE a war criminal whose bombs have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings and maimed, crippled or wounded many thousands more.<<

False premise. President Bush is no war criminal. Except of course to sufferers of Bush Derangement Syndrome. Ayers admits to his crimes and wishes he had killed more, destroyed more. As recently as yesterday top Obama aides are admitting Barry lied about the relationship. Ayers is just a piece of the puzzle. Obama is the most liberal, most racist, most anti-American ever to be nominated for POTUS. It's shocking that someone like this might be president.

geeez.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 10:29:38 AM »
Obama is the most liberal, most racist, most anti-American ever to be nominated for POTUS. It's shocking that someone like this might be president.

It will be utterly delightful to hear you piss and moan when he's elected.
McCain is doomed.

You're the racist, by the way.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »
<<False premise. President Bush is no war criminal. Except of course to sufferers of Bush Derangement Syndrome. >>

That's absurd.  Bush planned and waged a war of unprovoked aggression and violated international prohibitions on torture and other abuse of prisoners and civilian populations.  All of them crimes, all of them punishable by death at the Nuremburg War Crimes trials.  Although unfortunately the death penalty has been abolished in the International Court of Criminal Justice, if Bush should ever come to be tried there.

<<Ayers admits to his crimes and wishes he had killed more, destroyed more.>>

His crimes are petty compared to Bush's.

<< As recently as yesterday top Obama aides are admitting Barry lied about the relationship. Ayers is just a piece of the puzzle. >>

The one thing I fault Obama for.  He should be PROUD of it.  Ayers has honoured him by being his friend.

<<Obama is the most liberal, most racist, most anti-American ever to be nominated for POTUS. It's shocking that someone like this might be president.>>

Except that he's not a racist, I agree with your last statement and claim that is the reason why he has come as far as he has and a great reason why he SHOULD be elected.

richpo64

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 02:09:56 PM »
>>It will be utterly delightful to hear you piss and moan when he's elected. McCain is doomed.<<

Right back at ya buddy. Judging by the things your heros are saying I'd say it's far from over. So when McCain wins and the riots start, feel free to come up north for all your rioting needs.

>>You're the racist, by the way.<<

Right, things like that. Obamas minions in the press are doing their best to portray anyone who disagrees with the Mullah Obama as racist. Of course anyone who would do such a thing would have to be a moron.

Oh, and thanks for your first entry on the list. You couldn't even make it a day could you.

BT??

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 04:04:21 PM »
Oh, and thanks for your first entry on the list. You couldn't even make it a day could you.

BT??

I'm not a referee.

However.

XO unless you can quote a racist remark Rich has posted in this forum, refrain from calling him a racist.

richpo64

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »
You're not?

I thought you were in charge. Aren't you THE authority when it comes to violating the TOS? I've counted six instances of XO insulting members just in the last 6 hours. This is after we were told to stop yesterday. Have you changed your mind? Are insults now okay, or are they okay for some and not for others?

Awaiting your reply.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 04:41:46 PM »
Shouldn't Richie have to prove that Obama made some racist remark?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »
Shouldn't Richie have to prove that Obama made some racist remark?

Obama is a public figure, just like Cheney and Bush, both of whom you haven't been shy about rediculing and calling all sorts of names.

Rich isn't.

Show a racist post of his or apologize.

richpo64

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »
>>Shouldn't Richie have to prove that Obama made some racist remark?>>

Why? Barry isn't a member of this club. Please, get a clue.

For the record, Barry's membership in the Rev. Wrights church is proof he's a racist.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »
<<For the record, Barry's membership in the Rev. Wrights church is proof he's a racist.>>

That's guilt by association.  Like saying that your membership in the Republican Party is proof that you are a racist. Or that living in a racist country proves you are a racist.

richpo64

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 05:09:27 PM »
>>That's guilt by association.  Like saying that your membership in the Republican Party is proof that you are a racist. Or that living in a racist country proves you are a racist.<<

First, this is obviously an insult.

Secondly, sitting in a church for 20 years implies agreement with said church. Obviously. I've been sitting in Catholic Chirches for 45 years. I'm certain you'd consider that to mean I agree with the Churches stand on abortion, birth control, and homosexuality.

Wouldn't you?