Author Topic: Who is Bill Ayers?  (Read 6809 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Who is Bill Ayers?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 05:47:35 PM »
<<For the record, Barry's membership in the Rev. Wrights church is proof he's a racist.>>

That's guilt by association.  Like saying that your membership in the Republican Party is proof that you are a racist. Or that living in a racist country proves you are a racist.

Sorry Tee.....pushing 1 race over that of another, is indeed racist.  Pushing a (insert any color her) value system is indeed racist.  Trying to prevent the passage of civil rights legislation, like the Dems were doing in the 60's, is indeed racist.  You simply opining that a party is racist, holds no water, regardless of how often you repeat Senator Byrd's name.  Oh wait, he still is in the Dem party.  My bad

and btw, I'm on record that I don't believe Obama is a racist, simply wreaking with poor judgement by remaining a member of Wright's congregation, for 20+years.  It's kinda what you had to do, to work your way up Chicago Democrat politics as an African American, apparently
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »
<<First, this is obviously an insult.>>

Sorry, Rich, it is all too obviously not an insult to you.  I took an example of your reasoning that I disagreed with and applied it to a different set of facts, showing what the conclusion would be if the logic were followed.  The only insult is to the Republican Party, as intended.  The inference is it's a party of racists.  But there is no bar on non-racists joining, so it's not a personal insult to anyone.

<<Secondly, sitting in a church for 20 years implies agreement with said church. Obviously. I've been sitting in Catholic Chirches for 45 years. I'm certain you'd consider that to mean I agree with the Churches stand on abortion, birth control, and homosexuality.

<<Wouldn't you?>>

Nope, I personally know Catholics who are devout, regular churchgoers and do NOT agree on birth control or homosexuality with the Church.  They say flat-out that the Pope is dead wrong and has no authority to speak ex cathedra on either birth control or homosexuality.  I know pro-choice Catholics too, but they still say that abortion itself is a sin.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 06:03:49 PM »
<<Sorry Tee.....pushing 1 race over that of another, is indeed racist.  >>

This argument will go nowhere fast if you don't define some terms.  What's "pushing" one race over [that of] another mean and what's an example of it?

<<Pushing a (insert any color her) value system is indeed racist.>>

???  Value systems come in colours?

<<  Trying to prevent the passage of civil rights legislation, like the Dems were doing in the 60's, is indeed racist.  >>

Who are "the Dems?"  All of them?  Some of them?  Which of them?  I would agree that only a racist would attempt to block passage of civil rights legislation.  I hope you're not implying that OBAMA tried to block the passage of civil rights legislation. 

<<You simply opining that a party is racist, holds no water, regardless of how often you repeat Senator Byrd's name.  Oh wait, he still is in the Dem party.  My bad>>

I don't "simply opine" on anything.  I have valid reasons and I'm not shy about giving them.  In this case, the Southern Strategy, a clearly racist strategy for collecting disaffected racists driven out of the Democratic Party when it finally abandoned its tolerance of racism in the Party.  The Southern Strategy is the reason I say the GOP is racist, and the significant presence of racists within the Party, many of them former racist Democrats, is the proof.  Want more proof?  Look at the racism in the McCain campaign, and among its supporters, from the "bimbo ads" to the insistence upon "Hussein" when mentioning the candidate's name.

richpo64

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
>>Nope ... <<

Sorry, I doubt anyone would believe that.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 06:08:42 PM »
<<Sorry, I doubt anyone would believe that.>>

I happen to believe it, for one.  And I'm sure that most other people would, as well.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 06:10:19 PM by Michael Tee »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 06:14:33 PM »
<<Sorry Tee.....pushing 1 race over that of another, is indeed racist.  >>

What's "pushing" one race over [that of] another mean and what's an example of it?

Supporting policies that target 1 race over another.  Supporting 1 race as better than another.  Denigrating 1 race over others

<<Pushing a (insert any color her) value system is indeed racist.>>

???  Value systems come in colours?

According to Rev Wright, they do

<<  Trying to prevent the passage of civil rights legislation, like the Dems were doing in the 60's, is indeed racist.  >>

Who are "the Dems?"  All of them?  Some of them?  Which of them?  

Those that opposed the legislation, a majority of them in fact.  If it weren't for the vast majority of the GOP minority, it would have not gotten passed

I would agree that only a racist would attempt to block passage of civil rights legislation.  

Agreed....which was a majority of the Dems in 64

I hope you're not implying that OBAMA tried to block the passage of civil rights legislation.  

::)   That doesn't even require a response

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

richpo64

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »
>>I happen to believe it, for one.  And I'm sure that most other people would, as well.<<

I'm confident you're the only one.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 07:07:08 PM »
I would say using Obama's middle name, , Hussein, is a way of suggesting that he isn't a real American. It could be racist, or anti-Muslim, but it is done for a reason.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
>>I would say using Obama's middle name, , Hussein, is a way of suggesting that he isn't a real American. It could be racist, or anti-Muslim, but it is done for a reason.<<

So Barry's parents are racist, and/or anti-Muslim. Very surprising.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »

Oh, please. When he was born, things were entirely different.

No one can really be this stupid.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 08:46:22 PM »

Oh, please. When he was born, things were entirely different.

No one can really be this stupid.

Raceism was nicer in the early sixtys.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 08:49:51 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »
You can post this crap a hundred times, but neither Ayers nor Obama are into bombing anything.

Bill Ayers is not a major deal. Certainly not when you think about the people McCain bombed. No one knows how many people he killed. The Weather Underground was famous for blowing its own members up.

Palin is just a shill who says whatever the poo they tell her to say. A year ago, I am pretty sure she had never even heard of Bill Ayers, or probably of Barak Obama, either. She has been on this planet 44 years and knows amazingly little about the rest of the country. I suppose she was practicing hockey and skinning mooses instead of reading.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 09:08:54 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 09:07:41 PM »
You can post this crap a hundred times, but neither Ayers nor Obama are into bombing anything.

Palin is just a shill who says whatever the poo they tell her to say. A year ago, I am pretty sure she had never even heard of Bill Ayers, or probably of Barak Obama, either. She has been on this planet 44 years and knows amazingly little about the rest of the country. I suppose she was practicing hockey and skinning mooses instead of reading.

How can you be sure that she doesn't read the "Rolling Stone"?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 09:11:01 PM »
How can you be sure that she doesn't read the "Rolling Stone"?

She shows no signs of having read anything recently. That would include the Constitution. Perhaps she reads stuff and forgets it.
Her ignorance is extensive. There isn't much that she knows, and a lot of what she does know is not true.