Author Topic: OH OH, don't forget to be politically correct.  (Read 8720 times)

crocat

OH OH, don't forget to be politically correct.
« on: October 08, 2008, 11:17:34 AM »
Here in Florida, the Lee County Chief of police is in trouble for using Obama's whole name - and I read this a.m. about McCain not using Obama's name..... both appear to be slanderous insults of the first order.

Give me a fucking break.

Me thinks this a presidential campaign run on affirmative action.

cro

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: OH OH, don't forget to be politically correct.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:27:59 AM »
This Barack HUSSEIN Obama stuff is, as you know, done to surreptitiously accuse Obama of being a Muslim.

Calling him "That one", is rude.

None of this is very important. McCain should be less rude. Your chief of police should just use two names. People didn't elect him to campaign for McCain.

If this does not happen, it will make very little difference.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »
Common courtesy says you don't refer to another person in the room as "that one," especially if you know his name.  Please don't pretend this is news to you.

Similarly, the "I was only using his full name" bullshit.  Are there TWO Barak Obama's?  Does anyone else get called by their full names?  McCain?  Lieberman?  Palin?  The use of the full name is rare; the explanation for use of the full name is to call attention to Obama's origins, to make the point that "he's not really one of us, he's foreign, he's different."  Drawing attention to his race and origin, and never by his friends, only by his political enemies, only to deliver that one racist message, "This is not one of us."

Your problem is that as the underlying racism of the McCain campaign in particular and the Republican Party in general rears its ugly head in desperation, all other measures failing, it's messing up this nice whitewashed picture you like to paint for yourself of the U.S.A. as the repository of all the good and decency there is on this earth.  It hurts you to see the racist cesspool that it really is.  You can't face the reality.  Make-believe is so much nicer.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
Common courtesy says you don't refer to another person in the room as "that one," especially if you know his name.  Please don't pretend this is news to you.

"Dubya"
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 11:34:58 AM »
This Barack HUSSEIN Obama stuff is, as you know, done to surreptitiously accuse Obama of being a Muslim.

Calling him "That one", is rude.

None of this is very important. McCain should be less rude. Your chief of police should just use two names. People didn't elect him to campaign for McCain.

If this does not happen, it will make very little difference.

What if McCain's middle name was Hitler? It is really much better than the sisssy name he does have:
http://supremecourtjester.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-if-john-mccains-middle-name-was.html

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 11:37:19 AM »
The use of the full name is rare; the explanation for use of the full name is to call attention to Obama's origins, to make the point that "he's not really one of us, he's foreign, he's different."

Methinks the name Barak Obama differentiates him from the Smiths and the Jones's.

I do agree throwing in his middle name is kind of silly.

crocat

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 11:37:53 AM »

Similarly, the "I was only using his full name" bullshit.  Are there TWO Barak Obama's?  Does anyone else get called by their full names?  McCain?  Lieberman?  Palin?  The use of the full name is rare; the explanation for use of the full name is to call attention to Obama's origins, to make the point that "he's not really one of us, he's foreign, he's different."  Drawing attention to his race and origin, and never by his friends, only by his political enemies, only to deliver that one racist message, "This is not one of us."

Your problem is that as the underlying racism of the McCain campaign in particular and the Republican Party in general rears its ugly head in desperation, all other measures failing, it's messing up this nice whitewashed picture you like to paint for yourself of the U.S.A. as the repository of all the good and decency there is on this earth.  It hurts you to see the racist cesspool that it really is.  You can't face the reality.  Make-believe is so much nicer.

LOL,   need more straw?  So let's hang the bastard for bad manners.  Racist? Me thinks that you get too over taken with your own head, Michael (since you chose to accuse me of being unable to face reality).   I have a very good grasp on reality.   The world is fucked up.... and why?   Because we tend to be way to involved in not hurting anyone's feelings.   The other day I wrote about the rich entertainers handing out fish.....I guess I should have mentioned motive.  It is for adulation not charity.

crocat

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »
Baraq [Barack] was the name of the winged horse-like creature that took Mohammed to Paradise in the Night Journey. Baraq can also mean God's blessing. Obama is Swahili for Osama, who was one of Mohammed's chief warriors. Osama also means lion. Hussein reminds some Americans of Saddam Hussein, and Obama's supporters get upset if it is used. Hussein was the name of Mohammed's grandson. So Obama's entire name is based upon Islamic mythology and African conquest. Barack Hussein Obama means [Allah's blessing] [Mohammed's grandson] [One of Mohammed's finest warriors].

My son's name is David Anthony, picked because it means God's chosen one and beyond belief.

Anyone pick names for their children because of meaning?

crocat

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 11:46:18 AM »
The use of the full name is rare; the explanation for use of the full name is to call attention to Obama's origins, to make the point that "he's not really one of us, he's foreign, he's different."

Methinks the name Barak Obama differentiates him from the Smiths and the Jones's.

I do agree throwing in his middle name is kind of silly.

I am surprised,  if you listened to the Sheriff it was at a GOP rally and he was being emphatic and emotional.  Typical rant and rave political rah rah.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 11:49:25 AM »
What if McCain's middle name was Hitler? It is really much better than the sisssy name he does have:
http://supremecourtjester.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-if-john-mccains-middle-name-was.html

Sidney is not a sissy name. Strangely, in the US it has become, like Leslie and Beverly, a woman's name in the US.

St Denis (the no doubt bogus miraculous tale of his death) was just weird. I have seen a monument to him in Montmarte section of Paris. Actually, Montmarte (Martyr Mountain) is named after him: the Romans had th habit of executing criminals, saints, and such on this bluff overlooking the city. There is a large church there to commemorate the event.

The Romans got tired the day that they were supposed to behead St Denis, and they chopped off his head along the road. Outraged, he picked up his head and carried it up to the execution place while delivering a sermon, chasing the Romans before him.

Most people think Joan of Arc is the patron saint of France, but no, it is Saint Denis.

The British began to pronounce Saint-Denis as Sidney, and St John to "Sinjin", still spelled the usual way.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 12:04:21 PM »
Normally posts and speeches with BaracK Hussein Obama also contain phrases like Islamofascist.

Not that there aren't any Islamofascists. i just don't think Obama is one of them.

I do think he is much further to the left than he wants people to believe, prior to the election.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 12:25:43 PM »
I do think he is much further to the left than he wants people to believe, prior to the election.

How far to the left do you think he is?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
How far to the left do you think he is?

Just this side of communist.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 12:41:43 PM »
Ami:  <<"Dubya">>

EXACTLY.  Thank you for proving my point.  There ARE two George Bushes.  There are NOT two Barak Obamas.  There is no reason at all for the middle name except to stoke racist sentiment against him.

Anyone who denies the huge reservoir of white racism in the former slave-owning U.S.A. is just closing their eyes to the ugly reality all around them.  If Obama weren't black this wouldn't even be a contest.  Once the economy tanked, McSame could have seen the writing on the wall and taken an extended golf tour, leaving all the campaigning to Conservative Barbie.

CNN did a feature story this morning on how the Steelworkers' Union in Pennsylvania is so worried about racist refusals to vote for a black man even in the union's own rank and file that they are sending out three-person teams to go door to door to persuade their members that voting for a black man would not be a heinous sin against the white race. 

It's funny because I remember helping our elder daughter apartment-hunting in the suburbs of Philadelphia about 15 or 16 years ago, for her first job, and virtually everyone with a room to rent would eventually want to assure my wife and me that this was a "good area," or "good neighbourhood,"which it quickly turned out, upon asking for specifics, meant "No black people for miles around here."  This wasn't just ONE house or ONE apartment building, it was EVERY house and EVERY apartment building.  THAT is the reality of the U.S.A., what it's really like.  Not the Norman Rockwell painting.  And anyone who thinks otherwise has just got their head stuck in the sand.

richpo64

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 02:23:59 PM »
>>Just this side of communist.<<

Emphisis on just.

All this whining about "that one" and using Barry's middle name is just the left doing it's best to divide and conquer America. It's like saying "you people." They don't like that either. I don't know, maybe they're just sensitive souls who didn't breast feed. Anyway, who cares what they think anyway? Call him whatever you like. Do it now, because Barry's truth squad is out there, and if he's elected they might just show up on your door in their little red uniforms and fez hats.

I suppose he can do whatever he likes, but isn't it tradition to swear in a president using his full name?