Author Topic: Sarah's Fancy Threads and Joe the Plumber's Family  (Read 5650 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sarah's Fancy Threads and Joe the Plumber's Family
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
<<I don't know a $1,500 suit from a $5,000 suit; I just read that the suits he wears run $5,000. Mine are under $600.>>

Let me guess:  WSJ?  NY Post?  Washington Times?  National Review?

Actually, I think it was in a Fashion section on MySpace. My wife is always sending me links from there.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »
Woooah!!   That's not gonna help you at all, BT, it takes you out of the frying pan into the fire.  Let's grant Ami's premise that she IS just Everywoman granted the right to shop at will on somebody else's dime (and duck immediately behind steel-plated garbage can lids as the Feminist Political Correctness Brigade opens up with everything they've got) now you have to defend Sarah the Scourge of Earmarks and the Bridge to Nowhere, hyper-vigilant steward-guardian of The People's Money, spending Other People's Money like a drunken sailor (sorry, plane!) on glamour threads from Saks and Neiman-Marcus.  All that money contributed by hard working $250K per year plumbers like Joe and their wives.  BAAAD move.  I'd stick with Sarah the Phony Hypocrite Fake Hockey Mom, if I were you.

She didn't spend money like a drunken sailor ( and now you have alienated the entire seagoing world and their veterans) the RNC staffers did.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
She didn't spend money like a drunken sailor ( and now you have alienated the entire seagoing world and their veterans) the RNC staffers did.

That's ok; they're all low-hanging fruit anyway...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2008, 02:18:42 AM »
<<She didn't spend money like a drunken sailor ( and now you have alienated the entire seagoing world and their veterans) the RNC staffers did.>>

If any sailor in this group is so thin-skinned and delicate as to have taken offense at my remarks, I believe he would already have let me know about it.  Sailors aren't known for shyness or reticence in demeanour and have no shortage of salty language with which to make their displeasure known to all and sundry.  So I suggest you let the sailors speak for themselves as they are well capable of doing, and leave the fake indignation and outrage to more convincing actors than yourself.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2008, 02:24:57 AM »
So I suggest you let the sailors speak for themselves as they are well capable of doing, and leave the fake indignation and outrage to more convincing actors than yourself.

Your rapier wit has overwhelmed me.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2008, 04:26:46 AM »
<<She didn't spend money like a drunken sailor ( and now you have alienated the entire seagoing world and their veterans) the RNC staffers did.>>

If any sailor in this group is so thin-skinned and delicate as to have taken offense at my remarks, I believe he would already have let me know about it.  Sailors aren't known for shyness or reticence in demeanour and have no shortage of salty language with which to make their displeasure known to all and sundry.  So I suggest you let the sailors speak for themselves as they are well capable of doing, and leave the fake indignation and outrage to more convincing actors than yourself.

I liked some things about being a Sailor , going ashore after being at sea for three paydays was pretty nice.

I know the standard salty language , but this isn't gonna be enough of a problem to justify dusting it off.

Now if you were to accuse a sailor of spending OPM like the typical Congressperson , that would be somewhat worse.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 08:18:08 AM »
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016