Author Topic: Proof Positive: Bush Approved "TORTURE"  (Read 2436 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Proof Positive: Bush Approved "TORTURE"
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:32:41 PM »
CIA Tactics Endorsed In Secret Memos
Waterboarding Got White House Nod

The Bush administration issued a pair of secret memos to the CIA in 2003 and 2004 that explicitly endorsed the agency's use of interrogation techniques such as waterboarding against al-Qaeda suspects -- documents prompted by worries among intelligence officials about a possible backlash if details of the program became public.

The classified memos, which have not been previously disclosed, were requested by then-CIA Director George J. Tenet more than a year after the start of the secret interrogations, according to four administration and intelligence officials familiar with the documents. Although Justice Department lawyers, beginning in 2002, had signed off on the agency's interrogation methods, senior CIA officials were troubled that White House policymakers had never endorsed the program in writing.

Entire article at...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/14/AR2008101403331.html

richpo64

Re: Proof Positive: Bush Approved "TORTURE"
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »
>>The Bush administration issued a pair of secret memos to the CIA in 2003 and 2004 that explicitly endorsed the agency's use of interrogation techniques such as waterboarding against al-Qaeda suspects ... <<

Big deal. We already knew he approved waterboarding. This artcile doesn't mention anything else. It's speculation, nothing more.

Same ole same ole. Don't worry Brass. When Barry is president he'll turn em loose on the courts. Maybe some of them will take up residence in Memphis.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:39:01 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:34:40 AM »
Some day you can have your wires tapped (perhaps you already do? How would you know?)

Some day you can aspire to be waterboarded, too. Maybe by some government that resents being lessened.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 02:02:30 AM »
Is President Bush the first to set such a limit on torture by the CIA?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 09:23:22 AM »
I think the general idea is that it was assumed that the CIA could be trusted NOT to torture anyone, as a result of the legislation passed by the Church Committee, which reprimanded the CIA for teaching torture to goons in many military dictatorships. One such goon instructor, Dan Mitrione, was captured by the Tupamaros in Uruguay and executed in a rather grisly manner.

The Tupamaros are back, by the way. They have an office in Montevideo. But now Uruguay is a democracy and most people are happy with the government, it seems.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »
"Some day you can have your wires tapped (perhaps you already do? How would you know?"

I don't give a hoot, they can listen to me talking to Grandma Coleman any time they want.
My privacy talking with Grandma Coleman is secondary to stopping IslamoNazis blowing me up or
blowing up planes and buildings full of innocent American civilians.

"Some day you can aspire to be waterboarded, too"

And some day I may not. I would think the odds are well over 299 million to 1 that I won't
ever be waterboarded. But if I am part of a violent terror network that targets innocent
civilians with terror then I may deserve to be waterboarded to protect the American people.
Whatever it takes to protect the American people. If that means getting nasty with nasty
ass thugs so be it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »
In another day and another time, you would have been among the happy volk being fitted for leather topcoats, jackboots and brownshirts, ever ready to confront the Communist Menace, and to march against the effete government in Weimar. Te biggest problems would be getting the requisite saber scar and keeping your monocle in place.

You might find a place where you can fit in in Turkmenistan these days, But I doubt that you would master Turkman well enough. 

Knutey

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 11:34:59 AM »
"Some day you can have your wires tapped (perhaps you already do? How would you know?"

I don't give a hoot, they can listen to me talking to Grandma Coleman any time they want.
My privacy talking with Grandma Coleman is secondary to stopping IslamoNazis blowing me up or

"Some day you can aspire to be waterboarded, too"

And some day I may not. I would think the odds are well over 299 million to 1 that I won't
ever be waterboarded. But if I am part of a violent terror network that targets innocent
civilians with terror then I may deserve to be waterboarded to protect the American people.
Whatever it takes to protect the American people. If that means getting nasty with nasty
ass thugs so be it.

Arent you afraid that when O is elected, you will be waterboarded . After all, you think he is a dangerous terrorist. Maybe he thinks you are one as well. I know I do.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:59:06 PM »
Richpo is the sort of prisoner who tends to come to love his jailer. He'd also make a great PFC.

He requires a leader to be his mommy and protect him from boogeymen.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 01:48:28 PM »
Arent you afraid that when O is elected, you will be waterboarded

No not really.
Like I said it's probably over a 299 million to 1 chance I would ever be waterboarded.
I think "nO" is going to quickly find out he is in way, way, way over his head.
I believe all hell is going to break loose.

In fact the silver lining could be that Democrats will
most likely be in charge of both branches when the Titanic sinks.

Sure they'll claim "it's all Bush's fault" but nobody will buy it and
they'll be run outta town for being Captain when the Titanic sunk.

After all, you think he is a dangerous terrorist.

No I don't.....but I do think he is dangerous.
I think he is inexperienced, naive, and probably "Muslim sympathetic".
He will be a disaster because he is way, way Left of the American people.
It's going to be a fun show to watch! LOL

Maybe he thinks you are one as well

Well if he does....bring it on!

I know I do

Yeah but you're a bitter intolerant control freak leftist.

But the same goes for you....Bring It On.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:54:54 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 02:39:54 PM »

Golly, you're so, um, patriotic (no, not really) to surrender your privacy for the sake of your country. It is (the exact opposite of) heartwarming to see someone so willing to give up property rights for the sake of the government protecting us all. I have to wonder, though, why you and Michael Tee don't seem to get along. Both of you seem to think property rights are unimportant and dispensable. And all for the good of your fellow man too. Gosh, I (do not at all, in any way) wish I could be that "patriotic".

ass thugs so be it.

Indeed. Only bad people ever get waterboarded. And the bad people who get waterboarded not only deserve it, they're not even people. They're just "nasty ass thugs". They don't have faces or names or families. I sure am glad we're nothing like them.

On a far less sarcastic note, no of course we're not terrorists. I'm not saying terrorists are not bad people who deserve to be punished. But I wonder sometimes if some people realize what they say. We dehumanize; we insist that we must do whatever it takes; we claim any means are justified to stop Them from harming Us. Well, what could be wrong with that, you ask. If you pay attention to the terrorists, that is what they say about us. They dehumanize us; they insist they must do whatever it takes; they claim any means are justified to stop Them (us) from harming Us (them). Oh but we're not calling for... Are we not? We are at war with them, are we not? Kill them before they kill us is what we say, do we not? Stop them before the destroy us, our country, our way of life, is our demand, is it not? But we're not trying control the world... Are we not? Hegemony of the U.S. over the rest of the wold is why we seek to "spread democracy", is it not? No, we are not terrorists, but sometimes the language used makes it hard to tell us and the terrorists apart.

Do you really? I have serious doubts. I bet if I were to wiretap your house, you'd find a reason to object. And I'm pretty sure if I showed up at your house to subject you to waterboarding, you'd find a reason to object. I don't know why you would though. I mean, you've got nothing to hide, right?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 03:12:37 PM »
Sure they'll claim "it's all Bush's fault" but nobody will buy it

===============================================
You bought it when they said that 9-11 was all Clinton's fault.
Nobody excludes everyone. Someone will always believe anyone.

Juniorbush has screwed up everything he has touched. He has screwed up in ways no president has ever screwed up, and he has done it again and again and again, and pretty much each time you and the radio talkshow clowns have blamed it on Clinton and/or the Democrats.

When I was in the Boy Scouts, they taught us, "leave your campsite as good or better than you found it."

Juniorbush has been a really bad boyscout. He has messed up everything and that is obvious for everyone to see.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »
"If you pay attention to the terrorists, that is what they say about us"

Yes thats what Hitler thought. He thought he was right.
Thats what the Confederacy thought. They thought they were right.
Thats what war is.
I am glad someone totally destroyed Hitler.
I am glad someone totally destroyed the Confederacy.
And didn't sit around thinking it's all relative "well Hitler just like we do thinks he's right".
 ::)

SORRY: I see I accidently responded to the one that I have zero respect for thinking it was XO.
Oh well, we all make a mistake. Chalk it up. Hopefully "NEVER" lasts this time.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:17:52 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »
"Do you really?"

XO I do love anything we can do to destroy the barbaric enemy.
Total and complete annihilation.
Pander is not the moral highground.
Pandering to a Hitler so in the meantime he can kill a few more million Jews is not the moral highground.
Pandering to the Confederacy so they can treat Blacks like farm pigs is not the moral highground.
Total and complete annihilation of an enemy like that is the moral highground.

SORRY: I could delete it, but I'll leave it.
I see I mistakenly responded to the one that I have zero respect for thinking it was XO.
Oh well, we all make a mistake. Chalk it up. Hopefully "NEVER" lasts this time.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:32:36 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »