Author Topic: ACORN's been busy  (Read 5297 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ACORN's been busy
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:40 PM »
<<So, who is it that injects race into the discussion...........................again?>>

Oh jeeze, you're right, I forgot, there is no racism in America today.  America has no race problem.  none.  Shoot me, I didn't realize . . .

And so BT's desire to disenfranchise every single voter registered by ACORN has - - get this - - ABSO-LUTELY-NO-CONNEC-TION TO THE COLOUR OF  THEIR SKIN.  NONE.  NONE.  NONE.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 10:51:34 PM »
And so BT's desire to disenfranchise every single voter registered by ACORN has - - get this - - ABSO-LUTELY-NO-CONNEC-TION TO THE COLOUR OF  THEIR SKIN.  NONE.  NONE.  NONE.

Fuck you Mikey.

What was it King said, content of their character, not the color of their skin.

I could care less if the fraudulent registries were hillbilly McCain voters or urban black yuppie Obama supporters.

Fraud is fraud.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 10:57:32 PM »
Yeah, fraud is fraud, but what about all the genuine voters ACORN registered?  You don't want THEM voting either.  You can't prove that all ACORN registrations are 100% fraudulent.  They must have registered millions by now.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »
Yeah, fraud is fraud, but what about all the genuine voters ACORN registered?

Have them vote at the polls instead of by absentee or mail in bailout. With proper ID they are free to vote.

Once.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 11:50:56 PM »
Do you have any idea how many of them, thinking they are already registered, would just show up at the polling station only to find out they can't vote?

I think the whole concept is a fraud anyway, registration.  It's like the poll tax, just puts obstacles in people's way to suppress their vote.  All I gotta do to vote is show up at my neighbourhood polling station with a driver's licence or other photo ID and some nice person looks up my name on a list of residents organized by address and/or name, runs a pencil line through my name, hands me a PAPER ballot which I take into a booth and mark with an X.

Your procedures are way too complex and they result in lots of people not voting, which I am positive is what they were actually intended to do.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 12:19:30 AM »
All I gotta do to vote is show up at my neighbourhood polling station with a driver's licence or other photo ID and some nice person looks up my name on a list of residents organized by address and/or name, runs a pencil line through my name, hands me a PAPER ballot which I take into a booth and mark with an X.

If you'll remember, requiring any form of ID at the poll is considered - by Democrats - to be tantamount to a poll tax.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2008, 12:30:22 AM »
Do you have any idea how many of them, thinking they are already registered, would just show up at the polling station only to find out they can't vote?

Not necessarily. In Florida, we have a provisional ballot - if there is some problem with your registration (you're at the wrong polling place, your registration doesn't show up in the printout, whatever), you can be given a provisional ballot. If everything checks out, it's counted; if not, tough noogies.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2008, 12:33:07 AM »
<<If you'll remember, requiring any form of ID at the poll is considered - by Democrats - to be tantamount to a poll tax.>>

That's a good point, I never thought about it like that before, but it IS a kind of poll tax.  But what if some guy without photo ID gets to the polling station ahead of me, says he's me and casts his ballot and then when I show up, I can't vote "again" even if I never voted once?  That's bullshit.  Biometrics would be good but then you'd have the whole registration thing to go through again.  I think photo ID's the way, as long as it's free.  Once you gotta pay for it, you're disenfranchising the poor.  And they shouldn't have to travel to get it, government should come to their homes and take the free photo ID right there.

Just saw hnumpah's post on provisional ballots.  That's a great idea too.  Except how is that reconciled with the idea of a secret ballot?

Knutey

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 12:47:48 AM »
That is exactly what you Repubes have always done. Why cant Acorn?

I did not know the GOP was in the fraudulent enrollment business. Perhaps you can give examples.

I was referring   stealing the election . You attempt it by fraudulent purging and fraudulent judicial rulings instead.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rick-hasen/the-purge-surgewhy-the-go_b_133786.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 01:37:53 AM »
<<So, who is it that injects race into the discussion...........................again?>>

Oh jeeze, you're right, I forgot, there is no racism in America today.  

Ahh...the misrepresentation train is running amuck this evening.  Strrange how I see no remote asemblence of what I said, with the tangent Tee took out of fringe left field.  You could almost refer to it as a knee jerk response.  Almost

Want to demonstrate how it does??   (this should be scary.  It'll look alot like the completely twisted explanation of the blonde video, as some racist video....in code of course, that only folks like Tee can decipher)  Or is your overt racist rhetoric just too thick for you to bother to read what you type??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 03:23:09 AM »

Fuck you Mikey.

What was it King said, content of their character, not the color of their skin.

I could care less if the fraudulent registries were hillbilly McCain voters or urban black yuppie Obama supporters.

Fraud is fraud.

AS a real Hillbilly McCain supporter I would have you know that ficticious hillbilly McCain supporters need the same rights to vote as ficticious urban black people.

How is Acorn avoiding enrollment of people who are not black?

I think thare are just as many ficticious white people as black ones , Acorn needs to enroll them too.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2008, 03:27:56 AM »

Oh jeeze, you're right, I forgot, there is no racism in America today.  America has no race problem.  none.  Shoot me, I didn't realize . . .

Acorn is supposed to be about racism?
The ones who are alive and actual can get on the rolls without Acorns help if they wish , if they are mistakenly dropped off the rolls it is simple to get back on them, it requires trivial effort.

The people who are likely to loose something if BTs' idea was done are the ficticious ones  , ficticious persons of every color have historicly had a very hard time getting their rights protected.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2008, 03:46:27 AM »
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2008, 03:49:27 AM »
I was referring   stealing the election . You attempt it by fraudulent purging and fraudulent judicial rulings instead.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rick-hasen/the-purge-surgewhy-the-go_b_133786.html

I see. So you agree that ACORN is actively engaged in stealing the election. Is that what Obama paid them for?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2008, 04:08:38 AM »
I was referring&nbsp; &nbsp;stealing the election . You attempt it by fraudulent purging and fraudulent judicial rulings instead.

I see. So you agree that ACORN is actively engaged in stealing the election. Is that what Obama paid them for?

That is literally what he is saying , but I imagine he can explain his comments to mean something more like what he intended to say instead of this Freduian slip.