Author Topic: Fantasy Questions for Obama  (Read 6950 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fantasy Questions for Obama
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 12:20:56 PM »
"Flaming racist" would be YOUR characterization of Wright, I saw no evidence at all that he was a flaming anything, his most provocative statement, "God damn America" was totally colour-blind as far as I could tell.  "God damn whitey" is my idea of "flaming racism," but Wright never said it.

I'm more concerned with Sarah Palin's mentor, the late Westbrook Pegler, whose words she quoted in her acceptance speech.  Pegler was an anti-Semite and a fascist who publicly regretted that FDR's would-be assassin missed his mark and later (1965) wrote that some Southern "patriot" would splatter RFK's "spoonful of brains" in public before winter began.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 12:42:35 PM »
"Flaming racist" would be YOUR characterization of Wright

I heard him.....Flaming works just fine.  It's very likely the primary reason Obama threw his mentor under the bus, when the truth came out.  But if you want to add Flaming anti-American racist, then that's fine too

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »
McCain names several Mentors in his Memior , primarily his father and grandfather , but also certain instructors and commanders.

It would be nice if I knew this stuff about BHO but I don't.

==================================
Lawrence Tribe was one of Obama's mentors at Harvard.

Hmmmmm...

sounds like a liberal.

Tribe served as a law clerk to Matthew Tobriner on the California Supreme Court from 1966-67, and as a law clerk to Potter Stewart of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1967-68. He joined the Harvard Law School faculty as an assistant professor in 1968, receiving tenure in 1972.

In addition to his stature as a scholar, Tribe is noted for his extensive support of liberal legal causes. He has argued many high-profile cases, including one for Al Gore during the disputed U.S. presidential election, 2000. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled against Tribe's client in Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986, holding that a Georgia state law criminalizing sodomy, as applied to consensual acts between persons of the same sex, did not violate fundamental liberties under the principle of substantive due process. However, he was vindicated in 2003, when the Supreme Court overruled Bowers in Lawrence v. Texas. He wrote the ACLU's amicus curiae brief supporting Lawrence, who was represented by Lambda Legal.

Tribe was considered a potential Supreme Court nominee until he testified against Robert Bork, making lasting enemies in the U.S. Senate[citation needed] (although he supported Anthony Kennedy who was eventually appointed in Bork's place). His protege, Kathleen Sullivan, is now thought of by many as a potential Court nominee if a Democrat takes the White House; he has called her "the most extraordinary student I had ever had."[1] Tribe continues to strongly support liberal political causes. He is one of the co-founders of the liberal American Constitution Society, the law and policy organization formed to counter the conservative and libertarian Federalist Society.

He is actively supporting the candidacy of Barack Obama, and describes Obama as "the best student I ever had."[2] Alongside the University of Chicago's Cass Sunstein, Tribe serves as judicial adviser to Obama's campaign.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Tribe