Author Topic: Do you believe in ME?  (Read 3760 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Do you believe in ME?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 12:43:37 AM »
Yeah that is why he starts with I believe in ME and then asks if YOU believe in him.

And then says you better because he is coming to your school.

And what he needs from you is to believe he can reach his highest potential.

He isn't thanking you. He is challenging you.

He is saying don't let him down.

Cynthia

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 01:02:28 AM »
Yeah that is why he starts with I believe in ME and then asks if YOU believe in him.

And then says you better because he is coming to your school.

And what he needs from you is to believe he can reach his highest potential.

He isn't thanking you. He is challenging you.

He is saying don't let him down.

Interesting response.
That's not what I heard at all. Far from it.

Overall,  this is a "telling video" .....glass half full/half empty sort of thing.

Listen to the entire video. ...Where would we be without YOU..he says in so many words.

ahhhh...but of course you heard only what you wanted to hear, BT.

Your mind was  made up and set up in the direction that supports your negativity.

Very interesting, indeed.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 01:08:35 AM »
I watched the video. What i typed was from his performance.

Do you deny that his opening line was.

I BELIEVE IN ME

do YOU believe in ME. (points at one group)

DO YOU BELIEVE IN ME ( points to another group)

If I am misquoting him I'm sure another member of this forum will be glad to set me straight.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 01:12:56 AM »
What part of a childs need is best served by Public school , and what makes Public school better at this than a Private school?

Cynthia

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 01:25:11 AM »
I watched the video. What i typed was from his performance.

Do you deny that his opening line was.

I BELIEVE IN ME

do YOU believe in ME. (points at one group)

DO YOU BELIEVE IN ME ( points to another group)

If I am misquoting him I'm sure another member of this forum will be glad to set me straight.

You speak like a politician, BT. No wonder you can't see the essence in a compassionate plea for teachers to keep up the good work.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »
You speak like a politician, BT. No wonder you can't see the essence in a compassionate plea for teachers to keep up the good work.

Political careers come and go. Being a parent lasts forever.

Did I misquote the young man? NO

Did I fail to make it about you? Absolutely.

It's always been about the kids.

Cynthia

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 01:33:55 AM »
What part of a childs need is best served by Public school , and what makes Public school better at this than a Private school?

It depends on the Public School, Plane.

There are many great Public Schools across this nation. You wouldn't think so if you take part as a member on this board.  But, of course when you make such a broad stroke "strike request" based on what you already believe to be an unanswerable question to your liking..... it is not worth the exchange.

The Dallas student in the  video expressed his plea....as he was also reminding us all to continue to continue ON. It was not a plea for us all to change because we have not been "good enough".
Listen to what he says later on in in the video.

If you want to fight this with me BT..go ahead...I will fight you on this.

Gosh, you really are a negative soul when it comes to the public schools.

I predicted it, and now I am in for the damn fight...my fault, I guess. I asked for it (your response)...dang..:(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 01:41:56 AM by Cindy »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 01:35:58 AM »

There are many great Public Schools across this nation. You wouldn't think so if you stayed a participant on this board.  But, of course when you make such a broad stroke "strike" request based on what you already believe to be an unanswerable question to your liking..ha....is not worth the exchange.

The Dallas student in the  video expressed his plea....as he was also reminding us all to continue to continue ON. It was not a plea for us all to change because we have not been "good enough"...to do a better job because we haven't done so already..Why? Listen to what he says later on in in the video.

I predicted it, and now I am in for the damn fight...my fault, I guess. I asked for it (your response)...dang..:(

I would have thought that Public schools were better at getting every child to be in school in the first place.

Cynthia

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 01:38:41 AM »

There are many great Public Schools across this nation. You wouldn't think so if you stayed a participant on this board.  But, of course when you make such a broad stroke "strike" request based on what you already believe to be an unanswerable question to your liking..ha....is not worth the exchange.

The Dallas student in the  video expressed his plea....as he was also reminding us all to continue to continue ON. It was not a plea for us all to change because we have not been "good enough"...to do a better job because we haven't done so already..Why? Listen to what he says later on in in the video.

I would have thought that Public schools were better at getting every child to be in school in the first place.

What? What does this have to do with the video? ???

Cynthia

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 01:46:13 AM »
BIll...BT...You do not understand a thing about the public school system. I really do not think you do.

Why I continue to even argue with you on this is silly.

You are not even up to proficient in the area of knowledge...

Geezus.

My post was about the issue of the how hard we work and what we have to offer children. The boy was asking us to NEVER FORGET THAT.

You are a negative person. Has anyone ever told you that?

You really are, BT.

Ok...back to my vacation mode. I am off for two weeks. . as we are a year round school.

Blessings to all and to all a good Fall!

Love the crispness in the air and the leaves  as they change into gold.

Cindy

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 01:49:22 AM »

What? What does this have to do with the video? ???

I haven't seen the video , the computer I am useing won't play it.

But you can't answer that question anyway? Why should there be a preference between Public and Priviate schools?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 01:49:37 AM »

You sure are chock full of preconceptions.

I have attended public and private schools.

Favorite teacher was from Edwin Markham Elementary School in Hayward, California.

Mrs. Ferguson was her name. Fourth grade teacher. She taught me that reading is better than any movie.

I'm not against public schools. I am against mediocrity and excuse making. And I'm against anyone who would deny Dalton Sherman all the tools he will need to succeed and attain his dreams.

Hopefully you will be the Mrs. Ferguson to one of your students. If you aren't already.

Cynthia

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 01:50:56 AM »
I just don't agree with your assessment on this post. . Bt.

Nite, hon.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 01:53:43 AM »
BIll...BT...You do not understand a thing about the public school system. I really do not think you do.

Geezus.

My post was about the issue of the how hard we work and what we have to offer children. The boy was asking us to NEVER FORGET THAT.

You really are, BT.

Ok...back to my vacation mode. I am off for two weeks. . as we are a year round school.

Cindy

I see. So it was all about you all along. You got fired up at a pep rally for teachers.

My mistake.
I thought it was about Dalton and his hopes and dreams. Interesting school he attends. NABSE Demonstration School. They take a different approach to at risk kids. Seems to work if Dalton is the rule and not the exception.

Cynthia

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 02:36:09 AM »

Geezus.

You really are, BT.

Cindy

I see. So it was all about you all along. You got fired up at a pep rally for teachers.

My mistake.
I thought it was about Dalton and his hopes and dreams. Interesting school he attends. NABSE Demonstration School. They take a different approach to at risk kids. Seems to work if Dalton is the rule and not the exception.

NO, it was never about me. It is about the essence of every child that we teach. Don't let go of "us", he says.

But, there are apparently people like you who hold a bias against something that I can't relate to, BT.

Good night.