Author Topic: Now it's official  (Read 1099 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Now it's official
« on: October 22, 2008, 10:42:55 AM »
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081022/world/al_qaida_us_election

Al Qaeda has come out in favour of John McCain and suggests terror attacks inside the U.S. before election day to boost  his candidacy.

Pretty much as I had said all along, McCain is the "terrorists'" candidate of choice.  The website suggested that the reason "terrorists" prefer McCain is because he shows the greatest promise of keeping the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq going strong, dragging America even further down than they already have, if such a thing is even possible.

Of course, who knows if the "terrorists" are sincere?  What if they hope to provoke an anti-McCain backlash to elect Obama, who is their REAL preference?  Nobody knows.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Now it's official
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:44:30 PM »
They would not prefer to win without our opposition?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:24:21 PM »
Your opposition would legitimize the win as the will of the people.  In their theology it's OK to attack the civilians of a democracy since they all participated in selecting the infidel government that attacks the Muslims and they're all equally guilty of whatever sins their government and its armed forces commit.  If Obama won by acclamation, his government would look suspiciously unrepresentative to them and might cast doubts on the legitimacy of their attacks on civilian targets.  So whoever wins, it's i their interests to see a hard-fought victory rather than a walk in the park.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »
Al Qaeda's choice for president is about as significant as their choice for dinner.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 08:41:41 PM »
Didn't they aleady endorse Barry? I imagine they figured out there mistake and this is just spin. Wouldn't want their boy Barry looking like the terrorists choice.

crocat

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »
Al Qaeda's choice for president is about as significant as their choice for dinner.

I think you are very wrong on this, Michael.... historically the bent of any US President has had significant impact on how world issues unfold.

Let's just look back to Reagan and the Soviet Union

Clinton and his mishandling of Al Quaeda in the first world trade bombing.

Our Government rocks the world, baby

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »

Al Qaeda has come out in favour of John McCain and suggests terror attacks inside the U.S. before election day to boost  his candidacy.

Pretty much as I had said all along, McCain is the "terrorists'" candidate of choice.  The website suggested that the reason "terrorists" prefer McCain is because he shows the greatest promise of keeping the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq going strong, dragging America even further down than they already have, if such a thing is even possible.

Of course, who knows if the "terrorists" are sincere?  What if they hope to provoke an anti-McCain backlash to elect Obama, who is their REAL preference?  Nobody knows.

From what I've read this is simply some blogger associated with or who favors AQ and not an official AQ release.

But I find it amusing that the McCain campaign is in such a tizzy over it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »

From what I've read this is simply some blogger associated with or who favors AQ and not an official AQ release.

But I find it amusing that the McCain campaign is in such a tizzy over it.

That sounds very likely.

Al Queda is going to attack when they can no matter who wins , they might adjust their tactics to take advantage of the new Presidents diffrent strengths and weaknesses , but I don't see them throwing in their towels for either.