Author Topic: Sarah's Fancy Threads and Joe the Plumber's Family  (Read 5673 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sarah's Fancy Threads and Joe the Plumber's Family
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 08:43:03 PM »
Wait until the re-implimentation of the anti 1st amendment (un)Fairness Doctrine
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

richpo64

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »
>>Wait until the re-implimentation of the anti 1st amendment (un)Fairness Doctrine<<

Of all the things people are saying will happen, that is the second worst of all. the first will be Barry's choices for the Supreme Court, the assualt on free speech will be a close second. I do think though that if Nazi Pelosi and her little trolls try to implement the "Fairness Doctrine" it will be tied up in the courts for what I hope is a long time before the people demand it be done away with forever. The First Amendment isn't just for the New York Times. It's for Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Alan Colmes too.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 08:48:08 PM »
Can you point out exactly how McCain/Palin are trying to "pass themselves off" as regular folks? It seems to me that they are defending someone for being "regular," not claiming to be so.

Then there's the fact that the Obama machine is investigating Joe. Where do they get off? He's a private citizen. Is this Soviet Russian? Can people show up on your lawn, ask you a question, and persecute you if you answer incorrectly?

Welcome to liberal America.

::)

How is it that you missed the 5 billion times Palin has referred to herself as "just an average hockey mom"?

And I'd love some kind of source on how "the Obama machine is investigating Joe".

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 08:49:22 PM »
Wait until the re-implimentation of the anti 1st amendment (un)Fairness Doctrine

Ooooo, I see that someone's been listening to either Rush or that Bachmann chick who said that Obama should be investigated by some kind of new Un-American activities committee...

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
This is absolutely a non-issue as much as Michelle Obama's diet is a non-issue.

Of course the GOP is going to put Governor Palin in some very nice clothes. Let's face it, like her politics or not, she is a beautiful woman. In this day and age both male and female politicians in high profile campaigns are given "image consultants" whose job it is to make the candidates look good on television and in person. Part of that is doing exactly what Hollywood stars and anyone else who uses their image to sell themselves or a product has to do - and that is purchase expensive clothing.

If anything, blame the current ridiculous system and the fact that people wouldn't vote for someone in jeans and a t-shirt, but it certainly is not Sarah Palin's fault.

I agree, JS.  When I heard them talking about it on Scarborough this morning, I was like, so what?  They dressed her up like every other Caribou Barbie.

richpo64

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
>>How is it that you missed the 5 billion times Palin has referred to herself as "just an average hockey mom"?<<

I don;t recall her claiming to be an "average" hockey mom. It's part of her biography sure. By the way, I'm not the one claiming Obama put himself forward as the average guy. I'm disputing Mikey's claim that McCain ever did. I will say that democrats think they're leaders are for and of the average guy. that of course has always been false.

However, who do you think is putting out the information on Joe's license, his tax lean, and his middle name? Granted, the press is doing some of it, but the Barry Machine is doing the lions share.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 09:17:53 PM »
>>How is it that you missed the 5 billion times Palin has referred to herself as "just an average hockey mom"?<<

I don;t recall her claiming to be an "average" hockey mom. It's part of her biography sure. By the way, I'm not the one claiming Obama put himself forward as the average guy. I'm disputing Mikey's claim that McCain ever did. I will say that democrats think they're leaders are for and of the average guy. that of course has always been false.

However, who do you think is putting out the information on Joe's license, his tax lean, and his middle name? Granted, the press is doing some of it, but the Barry Machine is doing the lions share.

Admittedly, I haven't really been following this thread closely so if I misinterpreted your position or statements, apologies on that.

I don't recall ever hearing McCain call himself an "average" guy.  But he's said a lot of things that turned out to be window-dressings.  I remember for a while he tried to imply that Obama was an elitist.

As for Obama being an average guy, I would say that he is not a regular Joe any more.  He made some money as an attorney and has a nice house and a nice vehicle now but back in the day, he was very much the average Joe and still retains some of that air.

He and his wife were saddled with thousands of dollars in school loans.  I relate to that since my wife is down 40 large in that way.  Just today, I saw a photo on DKos of him with his feet up and his shoes had holes in the soles that had been re-done.  That's pretty average Joe to me.

If I had to choose between Obama or McCain regarding "average Joe-ness", I'd pick Obama hands down.

I don't know any average Joes named John Sidney McCain III but then I don't know any named Barack Hussein Obama either.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »

Ooooo, I see that someone's been listening to either Rush or that Bachmann chick who said that Obama should be investigated by some kind of new Un-American activities committee...

What the frell??  Is this the most obtuse deflection effort on record to date?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 08:05:18 AM »
<<I don;t recall her claiming to be an "average" hockey mom. It's part of her biography sure. >>

She's a self-described "hockey mom," a pit bull in lipstick.  There's no reason why a multi-millionaire can't also be a hockey mom, but there are millions of hockey moms who aren't multi-millionaires, and I think her message was really that she's just an ordinary everyday mom like millions of others who took their kids to hockey practice and games.  The statement was made, and received, as an indication of her ordinariness, of self-identification with the masses.  The masses, if they are female, do NOT spend $120K on their wardrobe.  Ever.  Which is why the disclosure was damaging.  It damaged Sarah's pretensions to be something she is obviously not.

<< By the way, I'm not the one claiming Obama put himself forward as the average guy. I'm disputing Mikey's claim that McCain ever did. >>   

McCain - - or his campaign, same thing - - launched a very public campaign against the "elitism" of Barack and Michelle.  The necessary inference is that McCain and Cindy are just regular folks.  You don't accuse your opponent of being something that you are in fact yourself.  At least an honest politician doesn't.  The public has come to expect, as a matter of honesty, than when Mr. Pot calls Mr. Kettle black, that Mr. Pot is himself has to be clean in order to call the other fellow black.  When mud is found on the mudslinger, the embarrassment is the mudslinger's, not the person's he tried to besmirch.

For McCain or his campaign to accuse the Obamas of "elitism" was foolish and hypocritical, and of course it backfired badly when McCain himself had to admit he didn't know how many houses he had.

<<However, who do you think is putting out the information on Joe's license, his tax lean, and his middle name? Granted, the press is doing some of it, but the Barry Machine is doing the lions share.>>

How do you figure that?  Just asking.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 08:36:18 AM »
The masses, if they are female, do NOT spend $120K on their wardrobe. Ever.

If someone took my wife to a few stores and said "pick out whatever you like, we got the tab" I'm sure she could accumulate $120K pretty fast. As would every female I've ever gone shopping with.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 09:13:25 AM »

==========================================================
The press is doing ALL of the investigating, Obama's campaign is just repeating what they found. The entire Joe schtick is totally bogus, anyway. Joe has no chance of buying out his boss doing the next four years, Obama's tax plan has to get passed through Congress, so this is a highly speculative event based on bogus assumptions.

Mostly Obama is talking about how to get out of the godawful mess Juniorbush allowed to happen with the economy, as he should be, because that is infinitely more important than Joe the unPlumber.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 12:05:35 PM »
Mikey,

You are backing the wrong horse in this story.

As Ami and JS said the RNC bought Sarah the clothes.

And how many times have you seen Obama pushing a shopping cart at a grocery while beong stalked by reporters as she was the evening of the announcement of her selection.

I'm pretty sure she knows the current price of a gallon of milk and a box of cheerios and or the store brand of same.

Sounds like a normal hockey mom - Wal-mart shopper to me.

My favorite line from this entire silly season is from some dem wag who said Palin isn't a woman she is a Republican, and if anything is more telling about the ideological rigidness of some on the left i don't know what it could be.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »
<<As Ami and JS said the RNC bought Sarah the clothes. >>

Woooah!!   That's not gonna help you at all, BT, it takes you out of the frying pan into the fire.  Let's grant Ami's premise that she IS just Everywoman granted the right to shop at will on somebody else's dime (and duck immediately behind steel-plated garbage can lids as the Feminist Political Correctness Brigade opens up with everything they've got) now you have to defend Sarah the Scourge of Earmarks and the Bridge to Nowhere, hyper-vigilant steward-guardian of The People's Money, spending Other People's Money like a drunken sailor (sorry, plane!) on glamour threads from Saks and Neiman-Marcus.  All that money contributed by hard working $250K per year plumbers like Joe and their wives.  BAAAD move.  I'd stick with Sarah the Phony Hypocrite Fake Hockey Mom, if I were you.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
now you have to defend Sarah the Scourge of Earmarks and the Bridge to Nowhere, hyper-vigilant steward-guardian of The People's Money, spending Other People's Money like a drunken sailor (sorry, plane!) on glamour threads from Saks and Neiman-Marcus.  All that money contributed by hard working $250K per year plumbers like Joe and their wives.  BAAAD move.  I'd stick with Sarah the Phony Hypocrite Fake Hockey Mom, if I were you.

The money was contributed, as you so plainly state, and therefore it was no longer "The People's Money". If people didn't want their money spent on make overs and clothing for the campaign, they are free to not contribute. Everyone knows that the campaign funds are being used for food, clothing, personal accoutrements, hotels, etc. If they don't, then they are sorely lacking information.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »
I've read at least one account of this in which a donor demanded his donation be returned because of this. I'll look around a bit and see if I can dig up the article.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016